+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Self Destruction

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Self Destruction

Anyone here suffer from or suffered from self destructive behaviour?

I had a long history of it that still creeps up to this day...just curious it if was more isolated or tied into certain backgrounds aand interests.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Re: Self Destruction

No, but I've come across a few people who have suffered, especially ones who seem to try through cutting. Very strange since they are apparently trying to seek attention (I'm told), but try and hide the cuts as best they can and regret the pain ...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

OH god yes!!! It's so goth. My self destructive tendencies tend to manifest themselves in the form of beautiful, cool, sexy, drug addict boys who are emotionally un-available and mean and just TROUBLE in general. Anyway, I ALWAYS fall in love with them, and I can't figure out why things don't work out.

Anyway, I get all depressed and in love, until I fall in love with the next beautiful, unavailable boy and it just goes on, over and over.

I am sure that I will die of a broken heart. But what a way to go!!!

On a more serious note, just about ALL of my beautiful girl friends have been totally self destructive drug addicts. And boys too. My boy toy of 6 years, is SO self destructive, I keep trying to help him, but he just won't listen to anyone.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Lesse.... 2 packs of camels a day, a 12 pack of Mountain Dew a day, working 60 plus hours a week at night,...... nah, nothing self-destructive about me....

This is an interesting resource about self destructive behaviour.

And all the pretty ones ARE insane.

author unknown's Avatar Junior Member

i cut, and i'm pretty open about that now since everyone i know seems to know anyway... i started cutting 2 years ago, out of naivety and complete stupidity. i will akways regret starting...

Very strange since they are apparently trying to seek attention (I'm told), but try and hide the cuts as best they can and regret the pain ...
    i'm not saying this to be a bitch or anything, but i suggest doing research before saying those things.. hear-say is such bullshit.. i really hate it when people say it's attention-seeking. it's not. at least in 90% of cases it's not. cutting is a way of coping, not getting attention. yeah, maybe those who cut and come to school/work wearing tank-tops going "oh look what i've done, i'm so tortured" but that's not the case for everyone. not everyone wants attention, sometimes we just want release.

it's only recently that i've started wearing short sleeves, because i haven't cut in a while, and i'm hoping that this is finally the end...

advice for those who don't cut but are thinking about it: take it from me, you DO NOT want to fuck up your life like this.

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

I'm fighting with anorexia, which is self-destructive but not deliberate.
    at least not deliberate in the way i sat down one day and said to myself i'm not going to eat, i just stopped.

It was less than two years that someone pointed out i might acctually have an eating disorder, and i've been fighting it since then.

I figured out it must have started at about age ten,
    I've just got to keep eating and one day i'll be normal, or healthy!

if anyone's interested, i'm up to 8st 2 and a bit now!

PaulCat.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by author unknown
    i'm not saying this to be a bitch or anything, but i suggest doing research before saying those things.. hear-say is such bullshit.. i really hate it when people say it's attention-seeking.
    That's fine. I said I'm told in my post, which means that I do not know it for myself. I'm open to both sides of the coin, some tell me one thing, some tell me another.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by PaulCat
    if anyone's interested, i'm up to 8st 2 and a bit now!
    When I first became vegetarian at age 13 I was told, amongst other things, that I would have serious problems with my weight and that I wouldn't be able to survive on what I planned on eating (this from a headshrink who obviously had no dietry qualifications whatsoever). It's a matter of willpower as much as anything; eating what is good for you as much as eating what you wish to eat. There is a man in the UK who has lived on jam sandwiches practically all his life.

+ Reply to Thread