+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skin Care

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Skin Care

How do you clean your face? Soap and water? Special cleanser? Do you moisturize your skin? What do you use? Do you use expensive products or just anything that is around?

Zoe_Zoebaboe's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Skin Care

Clinique has a "3 step" cleaning thingy for your face. I love Clinique, it's really good stuff

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I should get that!!! A lot of people say that Clinique is good. I just use the cheapest stuff: Ivory soap to wash, then vaseline for eye cream. Then I use this super expensive stuff called Kinerase for around my eyes and mouth.

When I go out, I like to wear Vanilla lotion from Victoria's Secret.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I never use soap or any other chemicals on my face; shampoo sparingly on my head and only natural soaps on the rest of my body. You'd be surprised how much a difference it makes, and I don't mean for the worst.

Then again, I was pig ugly as a child too...

I use Noxzema at morning and at night. Then sometimes I put Skin Bleach Night Cream on my face, so I can keep my pale complexion. When I exfoliate I use Dove exfoliating bar and one of those glove loofas. Once a month I will wear a facial mask depending on what I feel I am in the need for (exfoliant, skin soother, moisturizer, etc) I am also considering going in and having microdermabrasion done. I've heard really good things about it. It helps defy aging, declogs your pores, removes dead skin, and even gets rid of mild scars and its a non surgical procedure no anesthetics needed.

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

[QUOTE=Nightingale]I never use soap or any other chemicals on my face; shampoo sparingly on my head and only natural soaps on the rest of my body.QUOTE]

i do the exact same thing

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    How do you clean your face? Soap and water? Special cleanser? Do you moisturize your skin? What do you use? Do you use expensive products or just anything that is around?
    Fade Cream was my old secret. I occasionally use moisturizer under my eyes.

OEC

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i used to have really bad acne (i started getting it age 8!), my grandma got me this tea tree oil cleansing mask stuff. it cleared up my skin in about 6 months, and i've been using it ever since.

I'm sooo basic with my skin care. I use a peachy cleanser and follow with a bit of vitamin E under/around eyes. I know it sounds heavy, but it works. I love Nivea for the face and Curel for the body. I became addicted to Curel when I was getting tattooed a lot, it has no scent and it makes my skin feel smooth. I am 31 and recently had a woman ask if I was still in high school, so I'm sticking with my regularly scheduled skin care routine. Also, I avoid the sun which is not hard for a natural red head with freckles. Sun block is my friend....

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

where do u people buy all your natural products, and what are the best?? im not a big fan of chemicals, i have sensative skin and bad allergies.

anyways i use dermalogica special cleansing gel as face wash for my face, its an AWESOME makeup remover, but it dries out your skin. i use dermalogica active moist, and its a great moisturizer, its the best ive used. i like to use johnsons soothing milk baby lotion for the rest of my body.

On my face I try not to use anything that uses mineral oil or alchohol. I usually use aveda's gel cleanser these days. There used to be a less expensive brand that had similar ingredients but they are gone now. Also Aveda is one of the few brands that does not smell like fruit for use guys who use the suff.

Generally speaking a good mild gel cleanser and a skin toner will do a lot more than the more industrial products just by avoiding those two ingredients.

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Noxema always makes me happy, I like the tingly feeling it gives you. I'll exfoliate while in the shower with a Tea Tree or Peach sandy mix. A couple times a week I like to give myself a facial by first using steam to open up my pores, then using a nice clay mask, followed by a nice smelling lotion...

+ Reply to Thread