+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The importance of answering a phone call.

Default The importance of answering a phone call.

It is amazing the difference between answering the phone, or being given a message that was meant for you can make.

Any important examples of calls of major importance that changed your life, or the life of a friend?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: The importance of answering a phone call.

Beats me. I never play my messages.

In My case, at least twice, major phone calls or messages were missed.

In the first case: A friend needed to be picked up, and because I wasnt able to to get a ride to pick her up, she had to move out, and now is somewhere in Oklahoma possibly.

In the 2nd Case: A friend wasnt able to contact Me, and as a result was out living on the streets for 2 weeks.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    It is amazing the difference between answering the phone, or being given a message that was meant for you can make.

Any important examples of calls of major importance that changed your life, or the life of a friend?
    I have a cellphone, I'm too accessible if anything. People can basically voice, text, or im me and I'll hear a ring. Hell, I can even get faxes that way. I screen everything. If you're missing smoke signals, I'd get a cell.

OEC

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

I heard a news story on the radio that goes like this: A woman was sitting in her recliner watching tv when she heard the phone ring in the other room. She goes into the room, picks up the phone, but there is no one on the line, in fact they hang up on her. At the same time she is holding the reciever, a truck smashed through her house at the exact spot she was sitting watching tv. So basically, this woman was saved by someone who called and hung up the phone. If that doesnt mess with you head, i dont know what will.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

This MAJOR film star, handsome, won an academy award, called me one night. I was actually asleep. So I am half asleep and I hear his very distinctive voice leaving a message. I thought it was a joke, so I ran and picked it up. He asked me out on a date!!!!!!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    This MAJOR film star, handsome, won an academy award, called me one night. I was actually asleep. So I am half asleep and I hear his very distinctive voice leaving a message. I thought it was a joke, so I ran and picked it up. He asked me out on a date!!!!!!
    Wowza... A major wrestling superstar called me... but it was a frickin recording!

author unknown's Avatar Junior Member

i never answer the phone. if ever i answer, they ask for my sister, so then i have to call for her and that's annoying.

i was suicidal and i called my best friend... no one answered. obviously i'm still alive, but it would have been nice to talk.

i'm usually home, so whenever someone calls me i'm here. someone in my house eventually answers and passes it to me. there haven't been very many emergencies though.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

None of my phones are listed, and my main phone is always answered by the computer. If it's important, they should leave a message, and anyone who knows me well enough knows that I see my phone messages every couple of hours when I go online.

Sometime, I mean most of the time it's turned off. And I forget my cell often... mostly on purpose, it just gives you more things to do and less free time.

Yeah... and once, former president called me asking for his son, if he's at my place.... hahaha, sounds crazy but that's how it was down back in R.S. Small country, small EVERYTHING....

Mother Superior

If I am not in the mood to talk to anyone , I simply unplugged my phone. If it's important they will call back. I don't care for answering machines, people make asses of themselves too often and ramble.

+ Reply to Thread