+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What did you eat and do for Thanksgiving?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What did you eat and do for Thanksgiving?

I'm sure our European friends here are going to be like whatever I normally do and eat.

I slept through most of the day and then let the silly part of the internet suck me in for a few before I got around to playing my messages or eating.

Then I had hamburgers with Midnight Moon goat cheese, organic lemonade, Perrier, and half a marzipan fruit for dessert. I was supposed to meet up with Scar at 10pm and called her cell at like 9:30 to be like, uhm, I'm not really put together yet. She called back an hour later to say, uhm, I'm just leaving the house now anyway. Nina left me a phone message with the bestest Thanksgiving wishes ever, but I wasn't sure how late I could phone back.

I did have turkey, but I had it Wednesday. I can't really do any marketing with the ankle on my driving foot broken and Forrest picked up food for me, but the pre-made turkey was so hot and yummy on Wednesday that I had to eat it a day early.

How about you all? What did you eat? What did you do for this holiday?

Default Re: What did you eat and do for Thanksgiving?

Ate leftover Ziti when nobody was there. Got yelled at, dragged on a road trip to punta gorda for no reason other than for their enjoyment of aggravating Me, and some more disgusting stuff that I doubt anybody would want to know about.*

I knew that thanksgiving was going to turn out that way, but I hope other people had a decent thanksgiving. *

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Slept.... went in to work....Had DiGiorno and Guinness... went back to bed. We postponed thanksgiving proper until everyone's schedules can handle it.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Now if you were to ask "WHO" I did for thanksgiving.....

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I devoured some peach pie, it was delicious. turkey is disgusting in my book. but stuffing is yum diddly umpshious

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I was starving on Thanksgiving. I hate that kind of food, and there was nothing much to eat at my grandma's house. I ate a little bit of Turkey and mashed potatoes. I wouldn't have been so hungry if we had rolls. My family put hamburger buns on the table, saying they were rolls, ick.

We were going to go to Applebee's because it was going to just be me and my boyfriend, but it was closed. Then we were like hey, I bet Dominos is open, but it wasn't. So we ended up eating at like 8pm at Country Kitchen. Today we were invited to a post Thanksgiving dinner at a friends home. So, it will be nice.

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

I had the traditional t g but also went to my uncls house and waited to get any alchol till friday but still spoke to my parents on the day in question

OB~26

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

"sigh" Boring Isent It ??

I had a local restaurant deliver a giant turkey and cornbread stuffing and cranberry sauce. I put potatoes and corn on the grill. I called family on the phone and then I enjoyed the day with good friends and my best girl.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I'm not even sure which day Thanksgiving was! Yesterday I barely had time for a sandwich before going out to a Lodge meeting which then lasted until 2 this morning. The day before yesterday I had bread rolls with cheese rather than a proper meal because I was performing my additional job as chairperson of the photographic competition jury. The day before that I had quiche. Tuesday I had a quick snack because I was invited to a meeting of the chairpeople of the regional political groups of the SPD - where they asked me to be a candidate for the 2006 elections. Monday I ate properly too!

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Other people apparently had a less than fun Thanksgiveing:

WORCESTER, Mass. - A man was charged with stabbing two relatives after they allegedly criticized his table manners during Thanksgiving dinner.

Police said the fight broke out Thursday when Gonzalo Ocasio, 49, and his 18-year-old son, Gonzalo Jr., reprimanded Frank Palacious for picking at the turkey with his fingers, instead of slicing off pieces with a knife.

Palacious, 24, described by police only as an uncle, allegedly responded by stabbing them with a carving knife.

He is charged with domestic assault and assault with intent to murder, Detective Sgt. Thomas R. Radula said.

Police said Ocasio Jr. suffered stab wounds to the chest, back and right side. A nursing supervisor at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center said Friday she had no information on his condition. His father was treated for a stab wound in his arm.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Pumpkin and Cherry pie............. all was good in the world of Mike. And then after that my mom and my brother went to go see the Incredibles.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I just ate asparagus, with a teensy weensy bit of mayo, that I touched lightly on the asparagus. Had a photo shoot the next day. BUT, I lost the weight, got down to 125 pounds for the shoot.

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

My fiance and I (mostly her) cooked our own turkey and such. My contribution was in the desert department. I made 2 Pecan and 2 Pumpkin pies, a Sweet Potato casserole, and my world famous Coffee Liquer Bread Pudding with Caramel drizzle. YUM.

good food = good times

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaLion
    My fiance and I (mostly her) cooked our own turkey and such. My contribution was in the desert department. I made 2 Pecan and 2 Pumpkin pies, a Sweet Potato casserole, and my world famous Coffee Liquer Bread Pudding with Caramel drizzle. YUM.

good food = good times
    wow! That sounds GREAT!!! That bread pudding, yummy!!! I dreamed about food last night.... You must be a great cook!

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    wow! That sounds GREAT!!! That bread pudding, yummy!!! I dreamed about food last night.... You must be a great cook!
    Im getting there.

Jenifer is a much better cook overall than I am, but she seems to have some trouble with baked goods for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread