+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Modelling hints; Any help out there for an amateur?

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Default Modelling hints; Any help out there for an amateur?

Hi, I figure this as good a place as any to ask questions about getting into modelling. I'm curious as to what kind of things I should get prepared before actually trying to find work/do any real modelling.
    I've done alot of amateur stuff for college assignments and art photos but nothing really solid.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if you want to take a peek at some of my pictures pm me I guess and I can supply you with URLS (can't post them yet..)

Thanks!

Default Re: Modelling hints; Any help out there for an amateur?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    Hi, I figure this as good a place as any to ask questions about getting into modelling. I'm curious as to what kind of things I should get prepared before actually trying to find work/do any real modelling.
    I've done alot of amateur stuff for college assignments and art photos but nothing really solid.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I am also trying to get into modeling as well as being a photographer and Actor

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think it's important to know what the sorts of things you'd like to model for are. Know the magazines you'd like to be in, etc. Get to know the people that shoot the sorts of stuff you like and would like to participate in sometime. Know the businesses and designers that make or sell the things you like. A lot of things boil down to good networking and a positive attitude. There are too many models that just want to be models so they can tell people they are models, as opposed to doing real shoots that really might get published someplace cool or big. I also think it's important to be in touch with your motivations. Lots of reasons are totally valid, but some people seem to be confused about what they wanted to get out of doing it, and I think that leads to a lot of trouble.

I'm sure folks would be happy to peek at a few shots and we look forward to you hitting the minimum post count. Take care.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Thanks a ton forrest!

+ Reply to Thread