+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Absinthe

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default Absinthe

My friends and I got our hands on the stuff.......... even without as much wormwood it's still a mindfuck of a drink. It was some good stuff too. Although I have now realized that absinthe and weed don't mix too well, especially when it's your first time for both.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Absinthe

yeah i love abisinth the stronger stuff tastes really bad though make shure its made with lots of Anise or some other flavoring i actually like to mix it with Triple Sec to make it taste better i actually used to make the stuff with the wormswood i grew in my back yard potent stuff

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I always wanted to try it, after reading about it so much in Poppy Z. Brite books.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

One of the liquor stores here gets it........... they have to import the stuff in mouthwash bottles. and then rebottle it, I think we paid like 35 bucks for a bottle, smells like licorice

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

The Absinthe I bought here in NYC just gave me a headache!! About $100.00 a bottle. Total rip-off!!! They have these Absinthe parties, but it is just cheap liquor that tastes like licorice. None of my friends would drink it, I finally just tossed it!!!

I WISH I could try the real stuff.

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Now, theres this great webpage about all sorts of stuff, and i found some recepies which were supposidely for the "real stuff", like absinth without the "e" (the one Van Gogh used to drink). dunno if its reliable, never tested it, but heres the link to The Vaults of Erowid anyway. they have comments of users as well.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

one of my friends in boston was pretty well known for making his own absinthe... experimenting with the recipe until he got it right... honestly making a distillery (although i am pretty sure it is illegal) is very cheap and easy... and wormwood is very easy to get in naturalist and or magik shops...

the only thing is some recipies say you should filter it but don't say how...others say you should filter it through activated charcoal... the easiest way to filter it by running it through a britta water pitcher...

and i do like the stuff... very interesting experience, although familiar it dosn't feel like getting drunk or high or any combination of.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

ive had it a few times. different varieties. and varying amounts of wormwood/thujone. a few times it really didnt do much besides make me feel funny. or a majorly not fun headache. im currently waiting to try the "la fee" variety. i have a friend who makes his own, which im not willing to try. my best experience with it was from a bottle that cost over $100 a liter. i ended up storing the last bit of it in a jar that had previously contained my weed. there was still enough "pot dust" in the jar that by the time i got around to drinking it they had mixed. it was so divine. i got drunk off the absinthe and a lil high from the weed. i was so happily messed up. i spent awhile just staring at a candle and listening to music(Collide, i think). i even tried writing a few very strange poems. i had great dreams that night. id love to try that again once i get more spending money. which means ill prolly have to choose between another tat and a bottle.

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

Now i'm lucky enough to live in the England, and we dont have any laws against Absinthe!

You can get it in two of the pubs i frequent for £3 a shot!
    (i'm not sure how much that is in Dollars,) Yeah, it's expensive and it tastes like aniseed, Which i'm not a fan of, But it had some really funny effects!!!

A good friend of mine who just happens to be a barman showed me a method thats practically inhaling the stuff...

i was laughing at walls for a good half hour!

(Come to think of it, that was in a night club, so make that three places that sells it in shots!)

As for Van Gogh... didn't he cut his own ear off and give it to his GF as a pressie? How's that for an Anti-Absinthe advert? LOL!!!

Paul Cat.

Mother Superior

I had heard about Absinth for so many years and finally broke down and ordered some from Britain two weeks ago. It is Sebor Absinth made in the Czech republic, it's pretty pricey, about 95.00 for a 50 cl bottle. They have a deal where if you buy two bottles for 99 L(pounds) ... 198.00 American dollars , you get a free pipe, which is what I ordered. I am rambling.. but anyway. I drank it by myself and I drank it on the rocks, just straight. I have been told that if it's good quality Absinth, it tastes fine, and this was excellent. The only taste I had in my mouth was like the feeling and taste after you eat a grapefruit. I had about two to three ounces in total. I was really high after the first two or three sips, this stuff does hit you hard. My reaction to is was quite different than what I have read. I read most people will feel quite ill directly after, then become extremely high later. Mine was the oppposite. I was high for about three hours and then I developed a major headache, that would not go away. I tried prescription pain killers, nothing would make it stop. Finally, I passed out and fell asleep for about an hour and it seemed like an eternity had gone by. Then I just felt like pure shit, and passed out again, this time when I woke up I was really having basically what you'd call a "bad trip". Where I had to fight to keep myself in control because I felt so out of control, hehe, If that makes any sense. Then I called a friend and we talked for a couple hours and he calmed me down and I was fine. Then I ate, had awesome dreams, and didn't have much of a hangover at all the next day, mild. It felt like a mild acid trip to me, it was a beautiful feeling at first

I have a friend who homebrews beer and grade alcohol and he made a true batch of absinthe. He made his around double strength not knowing any better and it tastes Horrid. Absolutely disgusting, but it is WELL worth it. I have had many many excellent times on absinthe, and only once did I have a bad time and that is because no alcohol or drug should ever be consumed while you are depressed.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

you know ingesting pot will not do anything to you, right?

katzen's Avatar Junior Member

i like to laugh at the silly people in north america who buy absinthe in north america and think it's the real thing...

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Hubby and I found this website.... absinthekits.com...we got some..made it and it is the most disgusting stuff. It is sooooooooo strong that we have tried everything to dilute it with to remove the horrible bitters..truly gross...he wont even drink it and he will drink anything for a buzz...You can import it from spain...the real stuff...but.it is costly and there is no guarantee it will pass through customs unnoticed. I would like to try the real stuff...but at a hundred bucks a pop on the credit card..I dont want to risk being found out and losing my hard earned money..Guess I will have to wait til I visit Spain

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    The Absinthe I bought here in NYC just gave me a headache!! About $100.00 a bottle. Total rip-off!!! They have these Absinthe parties, but it is just cheap liquor that tastes like licorice. None of my friends would drink it, I finally just tossed it!!!

I WISH I could try the real stuff.
    Just import some bottles...it's not all that hard really. Customs may make it an issue but you'd be surprised how much insane stuff makes it through...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by katzen
    i like to laugh at the silly people in north america who buy absinthe in north america and think it's the real thing...
    Well you should keep in mind some...not all...is imported and very much the real deal. It takes some work but it's far easier than people make it out to be...it's a hassle I won't deny that but anything fun is worth the hassle...and cost.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    Hubby and I found this website.... absinthekits.com...we got some..made it and it is the most disgusting stuff. It is sooooooooo strong that we have tried everything to dilute it with to remove the horrible bitters..truly gross...he wont even drink it and he will drink anything for a buzz...You can import it from spain...the real stuff...but.it is costly and there is no guarantee it will pass through customs unnoticed. I would like to try the real stuff...but at a hundred bucks a pop on the credit card..I dont want to risk being found out and losing my hard earned money..Guess I will have to wait til I visit Spain

Sebor gives you a guarantee option at checkout..that considers your Absinth being seized at customs. And if you don't get your Absinth, they send you more 'til you do. They have a no questions asked return policy too. You can't lose with them. They package it discreetly. I received it in less than seven business days and had no problems with delivery.

http://www.sebor-absinth.com/

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by katzen
    you live in north america.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I did a tour of eastern europe a while back and I dont rember absinthe being smooth but like fire and it does mess you up but not like staggering drunk and it was so cheap that I could even afford cab fare back to the hotel, thank god I had the hotel flyers in my pocket ..... you know I can remeber it vividly but I really cant explain it

+ Reply to Thread