+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not dead

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Not dead

not yet any way. though i have the vauge feeling that some one has dragged me in to bramble thicket and beaten me with a short stick for a few hrs then told me i had to walk home in my underwear. have a permanent base of operations now. should have dsl by the end of next week. should have my car back by then too so i can give enterprise back their pos chrysler. why didn't get a decent car?! oh yeah, the insurance company's paying for it. :p my big screen survived the move, but neither my jacket nor my cape did. Amelia, if you could post some pics of both so i can mourn properly that would be loverly.
    kisses all
    K

Default Re: Not dead

Congrats!

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Hey girlie, sorry the move was so hard, but I'm glad you are getting settled and stuff. We miss you around here and look forward to having you back at the party. Take care.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Good to hear. Everything goes uphill from here, you know.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Glad to hear you got all moved and are getting your car back soon... Most of all your alright...

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

hi keiko, welcome back hope everything clears up soon for you. moving sucks. i did it way too often growing up. good luck w everything!

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

I do not know you but I am glad to hear when anyone arrives safely at a destination. Being from the Orlando Area I know there isnt much to do, unless you venture to Ybor City,(and certainly not LA) but..the weather here has been beautiful this last week. It has been over 37 years since we ever had a freak of nature like 4 hurricanes in a 6 week span. I've lived here off and on all my life and never in Central Florida been through a hurricane, so lets hope that is over...yes we have bugs and with a good pest control man we hardly ever see them.

But, even though Florida isn't as voracious or hip as LA and many other places, it does hold its beauty and charm...it's why I keep coming back. Of course Im married and settled and dont need hip night spots and lots of high end jobs...were pretty simple here..just a cop and a nurse living life in the subtle beauty of quiet tropical blooms...Maybe you can enjoy the slow pace for the year you are here, visit some beautiful cities and enjoy the scenery for a bit in between your moving....whatever you do, let me say Welcome Back..

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

Well, being non-dead is generally a good thing. Sure beats the alternitive.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

She lives!...good to see you survived your adventure out there where the hurricanes roam.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Hey gorgeous! Glad that you survived. The only thing that gets me through the trauma of moving is wine, or bourbon!!!! The worst is over, and not to sound too trite, there may be some kind of odd reason you have gone through all this!!! You may actually find some kind of positive reason why this all happened....

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

It is good to be home. As odd as that suonds to say. So much has changed in the last year since I was here. Even though a bunch of new buildings have gone up and most things have been repaired, there is still so much evidence of destruction. I've had more fun in th emonth since I've been here than the last seven months in LA.

I'm hoing that the events of the last few weeks are a blessing in disguise and I get oodles of capital out of the fuckers I've got to sue over the damage of my stuff that will finance my future in Europe where I will live life to the fullest extent and make music with the man I love and finally finish these godforsaken books. Keep your fingers crossed, light a candle, say a prayer...
    K

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

good to know you arrived safely and i will proceed on the lighting of the candles and praying to poseidon on your behalf

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Ever tried lighting a candle with your fingers crossed?

Candles lit, but I'll skip on the prayer; mine always go to the wrong person...

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

hey!, glad all is well.

+ Reply to Thread