+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Jettas

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Black Jettas

So I was listening to the radio the other day and thinking about Black Jettas. In general, not originally being from Los Angeles, I don't think worse of anyone for their ride and I won't like someone just because they have the really expensive Hummer. If they decorate it really cool or something, that might impress me because it says something about who they are. Rusted out, not in vogue, whatever. I don't generally care. Especially if someone is driving a rust bucket, that generally just means it runs and is not self-expression on their part.

But there are a couple of cars where I do cringe if someone has one. I realized not that long ago that every friend of mine who has driven a Jetta has done something that anyone, even someone with standards lower than mine, would see as a betrayal. And Miadas sort of give me the willies. But much less so than Jettas.

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Black Jettas

Weakness of character and Jettas go hand in hand. Jettas fall short in any category you can name.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    So I was listening to the radio the other day and thinking about Black Jettas. In general, not originally being from Los Angeles, I don't think worse of anyone for their ride and I won't like someone just because they have the really expensive Hummer. If they decorate it really cool or something, that might impress me because it says something about who they are. Rusted out, not in vogue, whatever. I don't generally care. Especially if someone is driving a rust bucket, that generally just means it runs and is not self-expression on their part.

But there are a couple of cars where I do cringe if someone has one. I realized not that long ago that every friend of mine who has driven a Jetta has done something that anyone, even someone with standards lower than mine, would see as a betrayal. And Miadas sort of give me the willies. But much less so than Jettas.
    Care to explain this theory? To me, a Car is a Car.

I personally like the Tanks, Hummers, and Other Tank-Like Cars... since I get nervous in cars , because of that accident with the car that my father caused me to get into around my 18th birthday.

....Imaginethat guy from Hell Raiser, and that will provide an image of the cuts I had on my face from all the broken glass

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG

I personally like jettas, a lot actually. I do see what you mean, though.. most people I've ever known to own a jetta I didn't like. Jetta owners just seem to think they're better than you, or you owe them something... but I am better than most people I drive past.. I like to think anyway. I don't think, being past my teenage years, there is much of that betrayal crap in me.

I sort of feel the same way you do about Jettas but its those damn weird Echo cars that creep me out.

Were they playing the Ima Robot song, Amelia? That's great stuff.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Well, my sister owns a Jetta. And she's a loyal person to her friends and her family.

The people that I *don't* like that own a typical type of car are those that own those modded-beyond-recognition lowered, whale-finned-spoilered, Pokemon-world rice-cars. I've met some of those people (men and women) and each time they've failed to engage me in any interesting way. Some of them have the worst taste in their car mods, their attitudes, & their companions. So every time I see one of their cars (which is every week at least), I laugh and point.

+ Reply to Thread