+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combat Boots

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Combat Boots

Hey, I can't drive right now and the military surplus store near me closed. Anyone know a good place online to buy combat boots in small sizes for say a chick who wears a ladies 6? I'm looking for real supportive intended-for-battle combat boots, not Docs, stylish though they are.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Combat Boots

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Hey, I can't drive right now and the military surplus store near me closed. Anyone know a good place online to buy combat boots in small sizes for say a chick who wears a ladies 6? I'm looking for real supportive intended-for-battle combat boots, not Docs, stylish though they are.
    I'll have your boots within 3 hours. A few questions:

What are you willing to spend?
    Do you need extra support for your ankles etc?
    Laced or straps or either?

OEC

These are pretty good. Hard to find that size in surplus.

OEC

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Anyone know a good place online to buy combat boots in small sizes for say a chick who wears a ladies 6?
    uh, contact your local draft board? if you need to get out of the army real quick, we'll all vouch for whatever variety of insanity you want to assume.

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    uh, contact your local draft board? if you need to get out of the army real quick, we'll all vouch for whatever variety of insanity you want to assume.

I don't think they are desperate enough to take chicks on crutches yet.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I don't think they are desperate enough to take chicks on crutches yet.
    The Marines may...

The running joke amoung friends I have in the armed services is that the Marines need to change their motto from "The Few, The Proud, The Marines" to "The Few"...may be kinda mobid of a joke but it has some truth.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

http://www.bootbay.com/harley/gtse=goog&gtkw=[harley+boots]

http://www.bootbay.com/harley/?gtse=goog&gtkw=[harley+boots]

They have really nice Harley Davidson boots that zip up front. I almost got some for myself. Just go to the women's section, page 2 had some nice ones.

TheWalkingGlitch's Avatar Si vis pacem, para bellum

Failing all else, you can't (generally) go wrong with eBay. I got my boots there a couple years back and they've served me well.

Dark Z's Avatar Anime or Guns? Hmmm......

If you're looking for REAL combat boots, then I recomend

http://www.supertrooper.com/mn_footGear.htm

they're the best online store for actual military goods (I know my little sister got replacement boots for her BDUs there) and they shipped them fast. (and cost less than a pair of crappy sneakers from Foot Locker)

for all purpose:
    or for warm climates

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Z

they're the best online store for actual military goods (I know my little sister got replacement boots for her BDUs there) and they shipped them fast. (and cost less than a pair of crappy sneakers from Foot Locker)

for all purpose:
    or for warm climates

Those all-purpose boots are a great deal.

OEC

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

what's wrong with doctor martins boots? they are very good. well that is if you got them back when they were made by hand in england, before they got bought by nike and are now made in a cheap chinese sweat shop. you can sometimes find the old ones at a thrift store, never looked online. but yeah, the ones they have now are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    what's wrong with doctor martins boots? they are very good. well that is if you got them back when they were made by hand in england, before they got bought by nike and are now made in a cheap chinese sweat shop. you can sometimes find the old ones at a thrift store, never looked online. but yeah, the ones they have now are shit.
    I have an old pair of english made 20 holes. The ones they make now are shit.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Z

for all purpose:
    or for warm climates
    Ooh, that looks like what I need. Now what would a women's 6C be in those sizes? Any idea?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

a womes 6 is a mens/boys 4 it sould only be a two size diference and yes i sell shoes for a living

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    how can you tell the difference...

i have noticed that an old pair of doc shoes i own have leather inserts
    while a pair i saw in the store has the cloth dr scholl's looking insert but i wasn't sure if my docs are like that b/c they are shoes rather then full boots.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

www.uscav.com they usually have small sizes i love this catalog

Amelia I want to see an entire photo spread of you in biker boots, total leather gear, total bondage biker thing....That would be hot...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Amelia I want to see an entire photo spread of you in biker boots, total leather gear, total bondage biker thing....That would be hot...
    ...That would be hot...

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    ...That would be hot...

Yes Amelia, get Forrest to shoot YOU... Also, you should do a total "Madame of the Gothic Sluts Bordello" shoot, very New Orleans whorehouse thing, ornate brocaide corset, fake mole....

Yes Amelia, get Forrest to shoot YOU... Also, you should do a total "Madame of the Gothic Sluts Bordello" shoot, very New Orleans whorehouse thing, ornate brocaide corset, fake mole....

I totally love that stuff. When I was like 14, I had this friend where everyone in school talked about how tacky her parents place was. Then I went over there and it was all this ornate stuff with lush fabrics and this total bordello look. I didn't know it was a bordello thing; I just thought it was fabulous.

Now that I think about it, I wonder what her parents do. I remember her father was supposed to be in some sort of Middle Eastern import/export biz, but now that I'm an adult, I wonder . . .

I totally love that stuff. When I was like 14, I had this friend where everyone in school talked about how tacky her parents place was. Then I went over there and it was all this ornate stuff with lush fabrics and this total bordello look. I didn't know it was a bordello thing; I just thought it was fabulous.

And don't forget the fake mole!!! You should shoot it IN New Orleans... All red velvet. Actually my apartment looks like that...

And don't forget the fake mole!!! You should shoot it IN New Orleans... All red velvet. Actually my apartment looks like that...
    If I ever do make it to New York again, sounds like I need to shoot at your place!

If I ever do make it to New York again, sounds like I need to shoot at your place!
    Definitely!!! I will be your stylist!!! I have shot here many times, I always shoot here!!!

It looks really pretty with the chandelier on dim and this red light (everything is red), and the candles, but so far no one has been able to shoot it this way, they always add the lights or flash and it ruins the effect. So it would be cool to shoot you with that lighting, if that is possible... Or sometimes you use that red filter, anyway, you know more about lighting and photography than I do, but yes anytime you want to shoot, come on over!

+ Reply to Thread