+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen a ghost?

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

Default Have you ever seen a ghost?

I am a collector of ghost stories, and urban legends. I actually saw a ghost when I was about 10 or so. I was at a sleep over at a girlfriends house, and all of us had been up late. I remember waking up very early in the morning and seeing this man standing over the bed of the sister, of my friend who was having the party. I opened and closed my eyes several times, because I was sure I had to be dreaming, but I wasnt. I could see every detail in the room clearly. I was terrified, but only because it was a ghost, and not because it was menacing. It was a male, Id approx his age to be in his late 20s/early 30s. It was his clothing that I noticed most. He had on a suit, popularly worn in the late 1700s, a sage green color, with a white shirt. he had very old fashioned wire rimmed glasses. He didnt move, just stood there for several moments, looking down on my friends sister. I closed my eyes, I wasnt sure what to do, if I should move or speak. I opened them, he was still there. I did this a few times, then one of the times, he was just gone. It was spooky, but I never felt he was anyting but sad. Anyone else ever seen anything???

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Default Re: Have you ever seen a ghost?

LOL, I see them all the time. (No I am not on drugs) I have inherited this gift from my grandmother. Since I was very young, I could always feel spirits around me. Several years ago, I decided to "exercise" my gift and have brought it to a level where I can see any spirit in the area.

I wouldnt have thought you were on drugs at all :P Actually in my maternal grandmothers family, the family told old stories of one ancient aunt who had the power of telekenesis (sp) I have never seen any proof, but then again those relatives never told me "stories" of things that were not true. What do you see when you see them?

When I first started to see them, I could only make out silhouettes. But now I can make out details such as hair color, clothing, age at time of death. CAn't hear them yet, but I am working on that

you have a gift. Damn, Im jealous.

I dont know if it is true, but for some reason, every cleric or psyker, or any type of mystic says that I am a major type of spirit magnet, whatever that happens to mean.

Everyone has one or more gifts, just have to learn to see them for what they are. (Gods I sound like a school counselor) Bright Star is a beacon for spirits, I see and feel spirits and can heal to some extent, am also (for lack of a better term) a familiar, meaning that whenever anyone with a gift is around me, I tend to amp it up. I have met several psychic vampires, couple of mediums, more than a few astral lycanthropes. You name it, I probably know someone who can do it.

So would I channel or use that ability?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yes I have...I don't talk about it though as it was not a positive or fun experience.

DescendingAngel's Avatar Member

I have seen ghosts a few times... The house I used to live in was haunted. We would sometimes see shadows pass by, or hear someone walking upstairs when no one was home. There were times when I would be alone in my room, and the air pressure would change (kinda like when you drive up a mountain) and I would hear whispering... I was never able to understand what was being said but it was quite a freaky experience... >=o/ There is also a pic we took of Sin out in the desert...It almost looks as if someone is standing behind him... Tell me what you think...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I cant get a good view of it, but from what I can tell, it looks like somebody hiding behind rocks of some sort.

I have never really been able to see anything. But I have always been able to feel things around me.

DescendingAngel's Avatar Member

sorry didnt realize they would be so small...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like a Black Gremlin in the KISS type War Paint.

Quote Originally Posted by DescendingAngel
    I have seen ghosts a few times... The house I used to live in was haunted. We would sometimes see shadows pass by, or hear someone walking upstairs when no one was home. There were times when I would be alone in my room, and the air pressure would change (kinda like when you drive up a mountain) and I would hear whispering... I was never able to understand what was being said but it was quite a freaky experience... >=o/ There is also a pic we took of Sin out in the desert...It almost looks as if someone is standing behind him... Tell me what you think...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    It has to be me, Im not very good with computers, but I cannot open the image

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    It has to be me, Im not very good with computers, but I cannot open the image
    sorry, the computer idiot just woke up, and realized its veiwable.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I don't know if this was a ghost, it was in broad daylight. I was in the passenger seat of the car and saw a man jump off a local [well-sized] bridge that we were about to drive onto. He had all his clothes on, and it was a sunny day. My mom, who was driving, did not see a thing.

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

I've had both good, and bad experiences with spirits.

I can feel things moreso, than see them.. but since I was a little kid I've always felt like there was more than what you could see.

My dad killed himself when I was a baby, and when I was about six I can remember staring out my mom's bedroom window into the air, and acting like I was talking to my dad. I would walk around the house holding someone's hand, but no one was there.. and my mom would always ask me who I was holding onto, and I would tell her it was him. She always got really upset, because she didn't understand why I would pretend to hold onto someone I really didn't know. I wonder now, if he was actually there.

I also lived in an apartment alone right outside of Atlanta, and one night my power went out. I lite a couple of candles, and waited for it to come back on. As I waited a breeze came through the room, and blew the candles out. When I went to relight them, there was something on the wall. It kinda looked like blood splatter. My cats were both going crazy. Kinda weird.

Sorry about writing a book.

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    I don't know if this was a ghost, it was in broad daylight. I was in the passenger seat of the car and saw a man jump off a local [well-sized] bridge that we were about to drive onto. He had all his clothes on, and it was a sunny day. My mom, who was driving, did not see a thing.
    wow, thats creepy. I wonder what it was, ghost etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DyingSunshine
    I've had both good, and bad experiences with spirits.

I can feel things moreso, than see them.. but since I was a little kid I've always felt like there was more than what you could see.

My dad killed himself when I was a baby, and when I was about six I can remember staring out my mom's bedroom window into the air, and acting like I was talking to my dad. I would walk around the house holding someone's hand, but no one was there.. and my mom would always ask me who I was holding onto, and I would tell her it was him. She always got really upset, because she didn't understand why I would pretend to hold onto someone I really didn't know. I wonder now, if he was actually there.

I also lived in an apartment alone right outside of Atlanta, and one night my power went out. I lite a couple of candles, and waited for it to come back on. As I waited a breeze came through the room, and blew the candles out. When I went to relight them, there was something on the wall. It kinda looked like blood splatter. My cats were both going crazy. Kinda weird.

Sorry about writing a book.
    that must have scared the hell out of you, I know it would have if it were me.

Im sitting here thinking about that particular friend, who had the creepiest house Ive ever been in. Now granted, we were kids, but all kinds of weird stuff used to happen in her house. If you drove by it, it wouldnt appear different than any other house in suburbia USA, but when you went inside, it was just Cold. Strange. It felt weird. My best friend would stay over there much more often than I would, and she has had plenty of horror stories to tell about the house. It just makes me wonder sometimes, if there is something to all of it, and what it is ..

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I dont know if it is true, but for some reason, every cleric or psyker, or any type of mystic says that I am a major type of spirit magnet, whatever that happens to mean.
    They also said lots of other stuff to me, that I liked, that seemed to bother them though.

I will tell more if asked, but I didnt mention all the stuff, since most of what they said seemed kind of odd/wierd, but in a cool way.

why did they say you bother them?

why did they say you bother them?
    No, the stuff they said about me bothered them.

For Example: They all said I have limitless potential, and unlimited spiritual energy, and could be the greatest Necromancer ever.

That would be awesome if true, but I have idea where to start.

They said lots of other stuff, that seemed wierd,but cool...like the part about being a Major Spirit Magnet.

a magnetic person you are :P

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Never seen a ghost but I have dealt with LOTS of evil spirits...ghost would almost be a welcome change

Hmmm...now to figure out how to make pacts with Demons,lol.

Plex_Inphiniti's Avatar Junior Member

When living in a commercially zoned building. The girl I was dating woke me up and told me to turn the light on. I felt this weird presence, like someone else was in the room, but I wanted her to tell me why turn on the light so she could corroborate my feeling. We both fell back asleep. I woke up again, and had this white flapping thing above me. The room was pitch black, and this white flapping thing was glowing, about the size of a bird. For some reason it didn't concern me that much. I turned my head to the right and saw a black (but it was like it was part of the dark, like Predator or something) one, flapping much faster over my girlfriend's head. I jumped up and turned the light on. She said she hadn't been able to open her eyes and something was restricting her breathing. It really freaked us out. And there was no possible explanation, as the security on the building was outrageous, and no birds or anything could've gotten in. I remember the shock, but I often wish for another encounter, in hopes that I would react with a calmer disposition.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i've had things sit on my bed. i don't think it was ghost. i also get feelings in differnt places. i'm still up in the air about ghost being real or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Plex_Inphiniti
    When living in a commercially zoned building. The girl I was dating woke me up and told me to turn the light on. I felt this weird presence, like someone else was in the room, but I wanted her to tell me why turn on the light so she could corroborate my feeling. We both fell back asleep. I woke up again, and had this white flapping thing above me. The room was pitch black, and this white flapping thing was glowing, about the size of a bird. For some reason it didn't concern me that much. I turned my head to the right and saw a black (but it was like it was part of the dark, like Predator or something) one, flapping much faster over my girlfriend's head. I jumped up and turned the light on. She said she hadn't been able to open her eyes and something was restricting her breathing. It really freaked us out. And there was no possible explanation, as the security on the building was outrageous, and no birds or anything could've gotten in. I remember the shock, but I often wish for another encounter, in hopes that I would react with a calmer disposition.
    that would have terrified me, I havent seen anything like that, but my ex did, he used to see things all the time. I would be right there next to him, and he'd be terrified, describing what he could see. It was hard to believe of course, but the sheer terror on his face convinced me. Maybe I should be glad I couldn't see what he saw.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

When I went to relight them, there was something on the wall. It kinda looked like blood splatter. My cats were both going crazy. Kinda weird.
    Now that sounds really creepy. Did you know the history of your apartment at that time?

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    i've had things sit on my bed. i don't think it was ghost. i also get feelings in differnt places. i'm still up in the air about ghost being real or not.
    I'll sit on your bed Bella

Plex_Inphiniti's Avatar Junior Member

that would have terrified me, I havent seen anything like that, but my ex did, he used to see things all the time. I would be right there next to him, and he'd be terrified, describing what he could see. It was hard to believe of course, but the sheer terror on his face convinced me. Maybe I should be glad I couldn't see what he saw.
    Not to doubt your situation, but I did date a girl with the exact same situation. She would describe spirits she could see, and she couldn't understand why I couldn't see them. She saw demons/spirts alot. Unfortunately, she was a diagnosed schizophrenic. I think there is a really fuzzy line between spiritial super-sensitivity and psychosis. Its rough for those experiencing either.

SuicideJade's Avatar Junior Member

i see dead people all the time..
    in my house we have our resident ghosts and a few visitors..
    since moving to arizona we have a little boy of about 7 that adopted my family...
    he died of carbon monoxide poisioning in his foster parent's basement (accidentally)
    his name is jason..
    my brother's ex that just died less than a year ago comes in and out.. and we have a conglomeration of relatives that live with us ..
    i see them, hear them, smell them, feel them...
    the gift runs in the female members of my family..

Quote Originally Posted by Plex_Inphiniti
    I have dealt with several of these things before. Don't know what to call them in english, but in Cajun french, they are called Coush-Mahr. I have a scar on my foot from one of them, was asleep and could see it through my third eye as sleeping, could not move as it was sitting on my chest, reached down inside of myself to my rage, and threw my self into an upright position to grab at it (my mother described the sound from my room as a "gorrilla roar", before I could get a hold of it, it jumped off the end of my bed, slicing my foot as it went down. Nasty little buggers those things, best defence against them if they are a recurring problem for you.is a circle of salt around your bed, acts like mothballs with moths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperino
    I'll sit on your bed Bella
    you are sitting on my bed. and laying on my panda too.

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    I have dealt with several of these things before. Don't know what to call them in english, but in Cajun french, they are called Coush-Mahr. I have a scar on my foot from one of them, was asleep and could see it through my third eye as sleeping, could not move as it was sitting on my chest, reached down inside of myself to my rage, and threw my self into an upright position to grab at it (my mother described the sound from my room as a "gorrilla roar", before I could get a hold of it, it jumped off the end of my bed, slicing my foot as it went down. Nasty little buggers those things, best defence against them if they are a recurring problem for you.is a circle of salt around your bed, acts like mothballs with moths.
    what do these Coush-Mahr things do when they sit on you.stil your breath or life or what. i don't want to see one of those.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

my first flat was haunted - it was in a modified victorian house and there were always pieces of black fog in the ceiling corners. then i found out that the previous tenants had just upped and left - i finally spoke to one of them and he said he just couldn't sleep in the flat. there was the usual 'presence' and whispering in the middle of the night, but then i started to fuck things up when i got emotional - i'd get angry and trip the electrics, or stuff would fall off a shelf (the most extreme example was after i moved out and shared a house with some friends - i was ranting about adam not doing the washing up and there was a crash upstairs. everything off a shelf had been thrown across the room (to the other side of it) including TV, video, stereo, books and other things. the shelf itself was fine, and nothing fell off it after that) it happened 2-3 times a week for about 6 months, but it's died down now. it was a great way of getting an extra cigarette break at work too.

now i just see the occaisional fairy - they steal my lighters and when i buy a new pack they leave them in the middle of the soda - no kidding

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    my first flat was haunted - it was in a modified victorian house and there were always pieces of black fog in the ceiling corners. then i found out that the previous tenants had just upped and left - i finally spoke to one of them and he said he just couldn't sleep in the flat. there was the usual 'presence' and whispering in the middle of the night, but then i started to fuck things up when i got emotional - i'd get angry and trip the electrics, or stuff would fall off a shelf (the most extreme example was after i moved out and shared a house with some friends - i was ranting about adam not doing the washing up and there was a crash upstairs. everything off a shelf had been thrown across the room (to the other side of it) including TV, video, stereo, books and other things. the shelf itself was fine, and nothing fell off it after that) it happened 2-3 times a week for about 6 months, but it's died down now. it was a great way of getting an extra cigarette break at work too.

now i just see the occaisional fairy - they steal my lighters and when i buy a new pack they leave them in the middle of the soda - no kidding
    I feel the hair standing on the back of my neck, very creepy

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    I have dealt with several of these things before. Don't know what to call them in english, but in Cajun french, they are called Coush-Mahr.
    From what has been said, the english name is 'little fuckers'

+ Reply to Thread