+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Are You Goth?

electricgoblin's Avatar Member

Default Re: Are You Goth?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I think the main thing about being goth is that fact that one listens to ACTUAL goth music, which so few people seem to listen to or even know what it is.
    I do listen gothic music all the time and I also broadcasting at www.los40gotikales.com.
    When I go out to different pubs I miss this music.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    "blah blah blah, fap fap fap, I am so different"
    I dont think it was very responsible to post this topic...
    I don't think it's cool that you seem to argue with everyone.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

I dont argue with everyone... it may just be that the posts you notice are the argumentative ones? The majority of my posts are very friendly... I wasnt really even aiming this one at anyone in specific; it was more directed at anyone who posts this topic on any forum... "Goth" people(except the barbarians) fit into two distinct categories. First you have the goths who revel in their gothdome, then you have the goths who say "well, i think labels are dumb, blah blah blah... stupid democrats/republicans/-instert name of group here-"
    Threads like this sortve degrade a forum a little... in my experience. Hopefully we wont be reduced to the level of gibbering trolls anytime soon, but Im sick of seeing this same post every forum i go to.
    I apologize if I offended you, but this is just one of those things that really get me peeved... (the others being ICP, DDR, BLTs)

What the crap do you have againts BLTs? That's good eats. :|

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

tomatoes make me vomit. Its not that they taste bad, its just that every time I try to eat a sandwish that someone else makes, theres always a tomatoe slice hidden in there somewhere, waiting to make me vomit.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I'm so Goth, I wore a corset in a Gothic Fashion show last weekend in Liverpool.
    And here's the proof.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I have always considered myself to be goth. I own prodominately black clothing (even my socks are black), I love ot decorate with skulls and halloween goodies, I am a bit morbid and unusual and rather antisocial, but there apparently is now a CONNOSOUIER (I know I mispelled it) of gothedness here in wellsville who does not believe I am goth so I would say yes to as far as I believe but how others perceive me is their own business.

and here i though Mistress Jennifer was back...

....bah!!

(nice corset BSD)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    and here i though Mistress Jennifer was back...

....bah!!

(nice corset BSD)
    Unfortunately, it's not mine (though the person that makes them is a friend, so we'd probably get a discount). For anyone that know corsetry, it was steel boned, not plastic, and it was based on a military parade corset, not really meant to reduce the waist, just flatten the stomach. The person that makes them does do tight-lacing corsets.

My wife had fun lacing me into it. She said something about Revenge for all the times I've laced her into her corsets.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    Unfortunately, it's not mine (though the person that makes them is a friend, so we'd probably get a discount). For anyone that know corsetry, it was steel boned, not plastic, and it was based on a military parade corset, not really meant to reduce the waist, just flatten the stomach. The person that makes them does do tight-lacing corsets.

My wife had fun lacing me into it. She said something about Revenge for all the times I've laced her into her corsets.

lucky bastard.
    i'm trying to get my hands ona decently priced good one.
    since the only ones i get a hold of where i live all are the blahtastic plastic ones.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

oh & the goth thing.
    kids at my school who dont know anything about goth/punk/etc culture. call me goth & punk. my friend alora told me once she heard two kids actually discussing if i was goth or punk

i really do not like labels.
    but i've accepted the fact that people will call me what they please & they will judge me by my dress & interests.
    but i do not consider myself goth. or any other label besides Kate.
    & LoraLie

A good seamstress should be able to take out the plastic boning, and if you can get spiral steel cut to the right length of each bit, it shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Failing that, you could look on eBay, since she does deal on eBay.co.uk and she makes them to order. The one I was wearing was an off-the-peg one she knew would fit me, (probably as a ploy to get my wife to buy it for me)

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Now i wrote a HUGE thing that essentially boils down to

"i guess you could say that"

so i'll just leave it at:

i guess you cld say that

K

YoungSoulRebel's Avatar Dexys Midnight Blunder

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Is wearing black enough to consider yourself goth? If you are goth, what makes you goth? How goth are you? Are you sort of fetish/goth?

Or maybe you are like me, just a Gothic Slut!!! Heh! Heh!!!
    1) No, if that were the case, Johnny Cash would have hailed himself as a "Goth" musician (and no, dorks on the Internet saying he was doesn't make Johnny Cash "Goth" -- Cash is cool, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing Goth about him or his music, and if you say there is, then you should say that Robert Johnson is "Goth", Tommy Johnson is "Goth" and certain chunks of Noel Coward's career are "Goth").

2) I'm not Goth, I can't get my head that far up my arse.

3) Imnotagoth.

4) Umm... No. Just no. I like Bar sinister when I'm in L.A.-L.A.-Land, but... No.

YoungSoulRebel's Avatar Dexys Midnight Blunder

Quote Originally Posted by richardpotter
    plus the girls are hot
    ...said the man who's obviously never been to Convergence....

SatansLittleHelper's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raina
    I have often been called " goth ", and it doesnt upset me. But I dont conscider my self gothic per say, I think that most people use that as a label or category to put you in because they dont understand that there doesnt have to be a category.
    Thats Exactly Right!

Also Emos Claim Them selfs as emos they dress how they want and think how they want BUT... I think its wrong to abuse the write to cut your wrists for attention. leave it for those people (they dont even have to be goth,emo,punk or rap) thats mom and dad beat them day to day and they cant do anything about it and cuting makes them feel better BUT.... Going up to a mate and saying hey dude cheak out this cut i did last night. To me cutting any part of the body on purpose is for my sexual pleasure with a partner not a attention thing!

If im wrong please tell me! It would be greatly appretiated!

Nonamepunk's Avatar Hip-Hop Anonymous

Once apon a time where i could show my creativity in the cloth i was labeled goth and other names......But now i have to keep a "proffessional appearance.....Bleh....

Ya But there are a lot of people who aggrivate me by saying there goth or there life is a black abyss ........ They try to hard to fit in...argggg.....Dont say you are God Labels are for jars......

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

It just makes me soooooooooo depressed if someone thinks I am Gothic.

19. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Amelia G For This Useful Post:

Black Spiral Dancer (04-13-2010)
    Lamashtu's Avatar Junior Member

Back in High School I was goth, I wore the fishnets, the black eyeliner, black nailpolish, black lipstick...had the whole "goth attitude" Now, I dont consider myself goth, I just like black, the dark, cemeteries, blood, I just call myself Dark..::shrugs::call it what you will.

SpookySin's Avatar Junior Member

I think it depends more on your attitude and feelings but me I'm a gothic slut hehe

RAGE's Avatar A wolf among wolves

I'm a fan of the Goth Rock music genre and rather active with the sub-culture...

So I suppose one could refer to me as such.

As far as style goes... Viseki Kei (Visual Key) is my forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    It just makes me soooooooooo depressed if someone thinks I am Gothic.
    At least you don't get called Goff, with as many F's as you are to add.

In the States at least you haven't got Chavs to worry about!

Saucy Pirate Wench

I'm not Goth I'm Vintage! lolz At least that's the idea anyway. I got a thing for antiques and i can appreciate the darker side of existence etc etc. But I much prefer the comparisons to vintage Barbie and pinup models of the 50's than a corpse.

But yeah I've been fired for being "one of them there goth kids" (said in that horrid Fargo accent). Wearing my Blue Blood hoodie actually cinched the firing really. .... for the record my nail polish was PINK that week. *grumbles*

S

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

isnt part of the whole punk/goth/altculture thing supposed ot be an eschewing of common labels and public opinion? so really speaking, anybody claiming to be a goth, or a punk, or a non conformer is in fact not a [whatever]. lol.

i wear a lot of black, i wear spikes and wristbands (and spiky wristbands, believe it or not), listen to metal, i think pictures of death, skull, monsters and the like are cool, if i had the money then i would be covered in tatts and piercings, i dont like people and am severely antisocial, i like the dark and have a severely morbid sense of sarcasm, and most importantly i dont care what people think about me.
    heh, you see? i am not conforming to anything at all. im not goth, but im definitely 'goth.'
    (btw, that wasnt a sarcastic rant, that really does describe me pretty well.)

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    At least you don't get called Goff, with as many F's as you are to add.

In the States at least you haven't got Chavs to worry about!

I always wondered, are Chavs like the kind of guys on Hot Chicks with Douchebags or something else?

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I always wondered, are Chavs like the kind of guys on Hot Chicks with Douchebags or something else?
    Seen "Ali G"?

He's pretty much satirizing that culture.

Bedlamite

Now its been hotly debated, but I have the firm belief that America's Chav equivalent are Wiggers. They seem to be about the same in almost every way, excepting local.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

That reminds me of Suzi Smith's suggestion that people with active cancer say they are cancering rather than that they have cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Maybe more people would admit to goth if it was changed from an adjective to a verb, that way no one feels like they have been labled.

Instead of asking "are you goth?" you'll be all like, "do you goth?" and istead of the usuall "Well I am attracted to the music/style/hair/girls/bois/whatever, but I am not really got", they will just say something like, "I goth some on the weekends and christmas"

I am a firggin genius. Carry on this conversation with goth as a verb.

Goth's an aesthetic and a subculture. I appreciate and use the aesthetic and participate in the subculture; I recon that's as close as you get.

As people've said though: goth really doesn't make a very useful adjective for people, barring a reference purely to their appearance to point them out in a diverse crowd.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

The closest to a chav in america is what was once called a 'wigger".
    yaknow, the cookie cutter whiteboys from the burbs who watched too many negatively steretyped black gang banger films like menace to society and juice and then decided they want to emulate the fictional over romanticised lifestyle they saw in the movies........just add burberry plaid and an english accent.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Im not goth.
    But i love being around them hahah.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    .just add burberry plaid and an english accent.
    Hey! You leave Burberry out of this.

and the porridge was just

i like to wear dr suess shirts and pink pj pants

I guess i'm a bit goth. I'm not really sure, I certianly dont look it. But I really look down on most people and generally have a negitive outlook on life. I do smile sometimes, now that it is summer i am feeling happier and a little less goth.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

It's def. more a state of mind than a fashion statement. Not that I don't love the fashion.

FedorasBox's Avatar Member

I dont really pay attention to stereotypes, but I do wear a lot of black. Other days I wear a lot of obnoxious colors and big skirts...I like to change it up. In my heart, I am a cynic with a sick sense of humor.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

You know, I'm goth, but I also love artsy couture, tacky-fab clothes and wearable spiritual materialism.

+ Reply to Thread