+ Reply to Thread

Thread: parapsychology

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Default parapsychology

ok so ive wanted to be one for the longest time *parapsychologist* im really skilled in it and stuff but everytime i try to track down a place to get a diploma i end up everywhere else. help, please.

Default Re: parapsychology

Courses through Correspondance? **

im sorry. but im slow, you know that honey....explain using smaller words.......

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

through correspondances, its means they send u a booklet or a couple of them, u do the lessons and assignments at home then send them back when ur done.

u can do kinda the same thing through online courses

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

excuse my ignorance but what the fuck is a parapsychlogist is it like a regular psychologist that gets droped in by aircraft to it patients?

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    excuse my ignorance but what the fuck is a parapsychlogist is it like a regular psychologist that gets droped in by aircraft to it patients?
    a parapsychologist, is somewhat like a ghost hunter? they search for the paranormal and try to figure out why it exists.

but that would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    through correspondances, its means they send u a booklet or a couple of them, u do the lessons and assignments at home then send them back when ur done.

u can do kinda the same thing through online courses
    oooh. i looked into some of them. they want like 700 dollars for the course, which is ok because i have the money, but they wont take anything but credit cards. and im 17, i dont have one in my name. all the others are maxed out. oh well. ill just do it on my own. and by a certificate.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

i'm guessing it's someone who does Freudian analysis on ghosts. Viennese accent and all. "Zo, you are being the haunter becoss you vanted sleep mit your mother, ja?"

or it's like regular Psychology, but taught in a really half-assed manner. "yeah, right, sit down everyone... uh, Ego, Id, Superego, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, don't sleep with your patients. that's it. please have your fifty bucks ready. line forms on the left for diplomas."

not really....but keep trying. you'll get it eventually.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

i don't know, wouldn't it be better to do a regular psychology degree.....you could always branch out into the realm of the supernatural afterwards.....and at least you'd have something stable to fall back on.....damn, i sound like my parents!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    i'm guessing it's someone who does Freudian analysis on ghosts. Viennese accent and all. "Zo, you are being the haunter becoss you vanted sleep mit your mother, ja?"

or it's like regular Psychology, but taught in a really half-assed manner. "yeah, right, sit down everyone... uh, Ego, Id, Superego, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, don't sleep with your patients. that's it. please have your fifty bucks ready. line forms on the left for diplomas."

So funny!!! Wow, that would be a great job though, just hunting for ghosts. I think that might not pay very well. Everyone I know would want that job... I think everyone on this board would want that job. It's kind of like being Johnny Depp's personal assistant, I mean, who wouldn't want that job?

Psychologists and psychiatrists usually have to do more boring stuff like listen to boring normal people talk about why they hate their boring lives.... I mean, that's the stuff that pays... Ghost hunting I would say is the more glamorous side of it. You would have to have a proven record of ESP, documented, etc. to really get paid to do that.

it doesnt pay very good. but to me, finding a job that i like is more important than finding one that pays good. who wants a job that they hate more than anything?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer

So funny!!! Wow, that would be a great job though, just hunting for ghosts. I think that might not pay very well. Everyone I know would want that job... I think everyone on this board would want that job. It's kind of like being Johnny Depp's personal assistant, I mean, who wouldn't want that job?

Psychologists and psychiatrists usually have to do more boring stuff like listen to boring normal people talk about why they hate their boring lives.... I mean, that's the stuff that pays... Ghost hunting I would say is the more glamorous side of it. You would have to have a proven record of ESP, documented, etc. to really get paid to do that.
    I don't even have to look. I just go home to Petaluma and they come out and dance with me

OEC

I think Duke University in NC hass a degree in Parapsychology. I think thats where J.B. Rhine came from (The person who pioneered the field of Parapsychology)

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

I know Duke did when I was starting to look at colleges in the late 80's. I was seriously thinking of going into parapsychology since I was interested in the field, but also because my parents said they would prefer I major in anything outside the entertainment industry.

Phoenix Blue's Avatar Senior Member

I grew up in Durham, NC Dr. Faust and Headless. The Duke University Parapsychology program is excellent. It's housed in the Rhine Research Center on campus. I visited the center with some friends while in high school. They even let us participate in an ESP experiment. Definitely worth checking out Suicidal.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

excuse my ignorance but what the fuck is a parapsychlogist
    When one psychlogist gets to gether with another psychlogist, together they make a pair a psychlogist. (sorry, again)

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

oh, evilblink... you cut right to the quick with your wit and candor

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Well anyway, let us know how you are doing! Come to Manhattan, there are TONS of ghosts here!!! I have a bunch of them living in my apartment!

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

+ Reply to Thread