+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are Boys Romantic?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Are Boys Romantic?

I am always just TOO romantic myself, and sometimes I wonder if boys are romantic at all... What do you think? I guess girls are usually more romantic than boys...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Are Boys Romantic?

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    I am always just TOO romantic myself, and sometimes I wonder if boys are romantic at all... What do you think? I guess girls are usually more romantic than boys...
    I think guys tend to have a different type of romanticism then women do. I see you as someone I'd take to a high school reunion. I have no clue what that means tho. Maybe guys have situational romanticism, I think women keep it in their hearts more (at least for the duration of a relationship) I think maybe I just like taking women out of their element

OEC

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Depends on the man entirely.
    ALL of the girls I've been with I've always been the more.. feminine and romantic of the two.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i try to be romantic but in the end i screw things up

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I'd go with the situational romantic; when courting and then whenever they've done something wrong or for a big event such as an anniversary.

Well all of you sound pretty romantic to me... I guess I just meet boys that are not romantic. With pretty boys, it's all about THEM...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I think romance often comes out of appreciation.
    Pretty boys can get a replacement girl at any time,
    and are used to getting what they want. So they do
    not appreciate women in the same way. Someone
    who appreciates a woman's gifts will likely be
    more romantic and appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    I think romance often comes out of appreciation.
    Pretty boys can get a replacement girl at any time,
    and are used to getting what they want. So they do
    not appreciate women in the same way. Someone
    who appreciates a woman's gifts will likely be
    more romantic and appreciative.
    Exactly!!!!

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

and those of us who are true romantics often end up as spatter on some girls wall. women these days are brutal.

you can never be too romantic well thats what my girlfrined says lol... no but really I think if you finde the right guy romance will rearley be an issue and this is comein from a lesbina... hey did I just stick up for men?? I hope their are good guys out there for the girls that like them
    Shadow

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i had a boyfriend who was way too romantic and way too sappy, it got really annoying at times.
    he had to make everything like it was out of a harliquin novel, even just sitting around watching tv, blah.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

i love it when guys are all romantic and stuff........i just havent found one yet

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

they are. by like a billion times. girls know what other girls like and how they feel......god why the hell am i with a guy?! hey wanna hook up. lol

Like I was saying, it all comes down to the fact that it does not matter if it is a guy or a girl, if they have been hot their whole lives, they will be used to the idea that they can get what they want, and if it does not work out, they can get someone new without too much trouble. It can be the same problem with girls, as you describe with guys. Girls can also be unappreciative of a guy's love, if they are used to getting love and attention all the time from people. They get used to people telling them all the time, that they love them, and they are great, and hot, and wonderful, etc. So they get jaded to it. They either expect it, or stop believing in it's sincerity. And it is not even the really hot people who have this problem. Almost anyone who is able to find new partners without too much trouble, can get this lazy attitude about love and relationships. Only ugly people and losers, or people who percieve themselves in that way, will be truly appreciative of someone. I often suggest to female friends of mine, that they should date geeky guys, or not as attractive guys, because they will probably give them the love they are looking for. But they always go for the hot guys, so they will always be stuck with guys who treat them like shit, until they can break the cycle, or get really lucky...

Well all of you sound pretty romantic to me... I guess I just meet boys that are not romantic. With pretty boys, it's all about THEM...
    I'm more like play-act romantic. I doubt I would qualify as a romantic in the way you mean.

OEC

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i tend to be ridiculously romantik,affectionate,......but as i turns out most of the girls im with love to be like that until the second we get "intimate" then there like "bite me till i bleed".......and i happily ablish......

(how the fuck do you spell that.ablish??)

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i tend to be ridiculously romantik,affectionate,......but as i turns out most of the girls im with love to be like that until the second we get "intimate" then there like "bite me till i bleed".......and i happily ablish......

(how the fuck do you spell that.ablish??)
    oblige

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

I used to be a full time romantic, and used to watch every detail, and even when i was 2 blocks from my home if somethign came up on my head i would do it no matter the consecuences... But... my heart was turned into pieces, and ever scince then i haven't been as romantic, i guess i haven't found someone that can turn on the romantic me again... just the one night stand one... and not as often as i'd want...

I guess it is hard for anyone, boy or girl to feel romantic about someone you don't love. Some people just don't want to be in love. One boy said to me "I'm afraid of my own heart". It was sort of a joke, but maybe it was true....

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I am more teh hands 0on romantic in the sense of beinga good listener commenting on a new hair dew opening doors I try the flower thing but it can be a give and go...to em buying flowers fora female friend is just anice way of saying thankyou for lisening to my male rants on society and so forth. As for the afraid of my onw haeart it's very true that's where I am in life iwant to love aperson but i as it seems am not alone in the Being splattered on the wall category, but have learned that give respect expect respect and creat new respect if that doesn't happen you will get splatterd on the wall in the mos unfortunate and brutal way but if you set up guides and obvious boundaries when the toss to the wall becomes aparent the tosser will be as hurt as the toossee.....har har haha oh my the tosser...but yes theyare tosser if thejust use you like a can of paint in jackson pollock peice....I dare not say painting as that takes apallet knofe or brush.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

i like to take girls out to eat

Muzz's Avatar Senior Member

Hmm.

This reminds me of a very popular book title: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

In essence, Men are biologically less capable to atone to a woman's emotional needs whenever she wants. Of course, that does not excuse him from any obligation to make the SOS feel good. Women need closure on their feelings because women are very emotional people. However, psychologically, it could be more than just that. When a woman feels that a man is comfortable enough to share his innermost thoughts with her, then she feels as if she's more important to him. This is important for guys to understand, but it is also important for us ladies to comprehend the fact that guys, due to social standards, rarely allow their sentimental emotions to be shown. It's a matter of compromise between two people. If one is not willing to compromise, then it's in my unproffessional opinion that a real relationship is not tangible under those circumstances.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

I like to think I am an old time romantic and a gentleman... Flowers, opening doors and such...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i try to be romantic but in the end i screw things up
    Me too!!!

Once I told my boy toy that I loved him, and he called me back and screamed at me!!!! Hah!

Well, he is in a band, what do you expect?

Once I told my boy toy that I loved him, and he called me back and screamed at me!!!! Hah!

Not everyone in a band is like that

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Not everyone in a band is like that

OEC

most are.
    prddy boys in bands follow the ' i can get anyone i want ' thing. it happens to often with some boys i know. ugh.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pzychotic
    I like to think I am an old time romantic and a gentleman... Flowers, opening doors and such...
    I would punch any guy who ever tried to open a door for me. I can do it myself thank you very much.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I would punch any guy who ever tried to open a door for me. I can do it myself thank you very much.
    Well my dear I must bow before you and kiss your feet then...LOL

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

hey..im not like that at all........full time chivilry stuff here.............until intercourse, but thats because im told not to...hehe

Not all boys in bands are like that.... it really depends if they're pretty to start. Any of the boys in my band try that, they'll get seriously injured. Fuck the guitarist playing the next show, you just don't treat people like that!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'd punch you right back. Just to keep things equal you know? Though to be honest it's more of a common courtesy these days. I do it for men and women...just a habit. Seems rude to close a door in anothers face.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I'd punch you right back. Just to keep things equal you know? Though to be honest it's more of a common courtesy these days. I do it for men and women...just a habit. Seems rude to close a door in anothers face.
    totally

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

id agree with what tequila said comeon the guy is trying to be nice hes not opening the door because he thinks your to stupid to work one

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

i'm in one of the foulest bands to accuse humanity of its crimes...but im really a nice guy! not all of us are pretty...

Yeah... I open doors for people in general, as a courtesy, not just for girls.

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

mee too my girlfriend says i am just way to polite, not romantic, like i always say thank you and please, I come from a small town and moving to Toronto people are fuck heads in general. So its kinda different

Well I think it's great to have good manners, and common courtesy. So many of these yuppies on the upper west side are SO rude!!! I mean, there is this yuppie market called "Fairway", and the yuppies will just push and shove and walk right in front of you. And these are supposedly well educated rich people. I think they were part of an era that did not stress common courtesy and manners.

I find that "goth" people in general have much better manners and are a bit more cultured and artistic than the average yuppie....

chaosfeary's Avatar Senior Member

Sometimes!

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

Well I wouldn't close a door in someone's face. I guess it depends on what type of door you're opening. I would mainly get pissed off if a guy opened a car door for me, I guess I should have said that instead.

+ Reply to Thread