+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think did it?

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

Default Who do you think did it?

I have always been interested in unsolved murder mysteries, or serial killers. ( thats how I got my degree in Crim. Justice) I was watching "From Hell" tonight, and was wondering on peoples thoughts on Jack the Ripper, Lizzie Borden, and The Black Dahlia, (to name just a few) I know they are very old cases, but I was just wondering what people might have read about new evidence, or just their opinions in general. Maybe some people have some other fav unsolved cases they are interested in, just thought Id ask

Default Re: Who do you think did it?

It was Mr. Green, in the Main Hall, with the Revolver!...hmmm.....no, wait....that wasClue!

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    I have always been interested in unsolved murder mysteries, or serial killers. ( thats how I got my degree in Crim. Justice) I was watching "From Hell" tonight, and was wondering on peoples thoughts on Jack the Ripper, Lizzie Borden, and The Black Dahlia, (to name just a few) I know they are very old cases, but I was just wondering what people might have read about new evidence, or just their opinions in general. Maybe some people have some other fav unsolved cases they are interested in, just thought Id ask
    Actually, if they put enough effort into those cases, they could find lots more info.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Actually, if they put enough effort into those cases, they could find lots more info.
    Uh they have...spanning decades. Don't let Law and Order and the ultra bullshit that is CSI fool you...the real world dosen't work that way in every case. Let alone ones that are random or calculated to take advantage of their age.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Uh they have...spanning decades. Don't let Law and Order and the ultra bullshit that is CSI fool you...the real world dosen't work that way in every case. Let alone ones that are random or calculated to take advantage of their age.
    Those shows are obviously complete BS, as EVERY time on that show, the evidence goes into place perfectly, and they always solve the case,etc, with the subliminal message in the show that if you follow those churches or uptight religious fanatics, that the whole case never would have happened, blah, blah, blah.

Too bad they dont have real detectives like Sherlock Holmes to investigate stuff like that. Stuff would be lots better if they did.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Those shows are obviously complete BS, as EVERY time on that show, the evidence goes into place perfectly, and they always solve the case,etc, with the subliminal message in the show that if you follow those churches or uptight religious fanatics, that the whole case never would have happened, blah, blah, blah.
    That's just being silly. Crimes occur for a varied number of reasons and while some may violate religious beliefs...most violate basic human rights. Plus the message has always been clear and unlike religion you have no choice in the matter. Either we follow the law or we pay the price...that's not subliminal. We learn that from day one.

Plus churches aren't the absolute evil they are made out to be...the more fundamentalist ones simply get the most attention. They do the crazier things ...they're "controversial"...lets be honest who dosen't do that these days for attention? Those kind of churches and fanatics simply took a page from their "enemies" and vice versa really. Really if you subscribe to that kind of thought you can easily become as narrow minded as fundementalists are. I have issues with orgnaized religion and churches as much as any person here...but I wouldn't outright villify all of them.

Making hte same mistake in a new way doesn't help anybody.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Too bad they dont have real detectives like Sherlock Holmes to investigate stuff like that. Stuff would be lots better if they did.
    They do. Many other cases have been solved due to brilliant detective work...but since they were solved...you don't hear about em much unless you're into that kinda stuff.

That's just being silly. Crimes occur for a varied number of reasons and while some may violate religious beliefs...most violate basic human rights. Plus the message has always been clear and unlike religion you have no choice in the matter. Either we follow the law or we pay the price...that's not subliminal. We learn that from day one.

Plus churches aren't the absolute evil they are made out to be...the more fundamentalist ones simply get the most attention. They do the crazier things ...they're "controversial"...lets be honest who dosen't do that these days for attention? Those kind of churches and fanatics simply took a page from their "enemies" and vice versa really. Really if you subscribe to that kind of thought you can easily become as narrow minded as fundementalists are. I have issues with orgnaized religion and churches as much as any person here...but I wouldn't outright villify all of them.

good statement*Claps*. Well Said!

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Wasn't me..heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
    Wasn't me..heh heh.
    after seeing the picture of you in the bathtub, who could be sure??

after seeing the picture of you in the bathtub, who could be sure??
    Damn...at least all the evidence is gone and cleaned.

Damn...at least all the evidence is gone and cleaned.
    Rub a dub dub, no blood left in the tub

"College" called and said that I am allowed back in, but have to take counsiling... I HAVE TO TAKE COUNSELING FOR STUFF I DIDNT EVEN DO!!!!!!!!!! And the girl seemed to have two other girls from the class to make claims with her. I think it is more than a coincidence, since they are in the same class and sit togeher.

The teacher also was in on that, since she lied and submitted false testimony, and she wasnt even in the room when all the stuff DIDNT happen. I still have no clue why she lied like that , and said I said and did stuff I didnt.

I am 100% free of guilt, but three girls that sit next to each other all lied and charged me with stuff I didnt do or say, and then somehow got the teacher.

I dont know why the teacher did all that, but now I DO know why people either change classes or drop out altogether when they are assigned to "Miss Gordon"

I dont even get to make a claim against the girls, and they get off completely. That reminds me of back in high school , when some jerk punched me and then got off without a detention, while I had almost got expelled!

"College" called and said that I am allowed back in, but have to take counsiling... I HAVE TO TAKE COUNSELING FOR STUFF I DIDNT EVEN DO!!!!!!!!!! And the girl seemed to have two other girls from the class to make claims with her. I think it is more than a coincidence, since they are in the same class and sit togeher.

The teacher also was in on that, since she lied and submitted false testimony, and she wasnt even in the room when all the stuff DIDNT happen. I still have no clue why she lied like that , and said I said and did stuff I didnt.

I am 100% free of guilt, but three girls that sit next to each other all lied and charged me with stuff I didnt do or say, and then somehow got the teacher.

I dont know why the teacher did all that, but now I DO know why people either change classes or drop out altogether when they are assigned to "Miss Gordon"

I dont even get to make a claim against the girls, and they get off completely. That reminds me of back in high school , when some jerk punched me and then got off without a detention, while I had almost got expelled!
    Feel free to ask for any details, since that case sucked majorly, even though I was proven innocent.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

No offense...but you either have really really really bad luck or their is something you're not willing to mention. It's just an odd story given what you've said and all. I just find it a bit odd that a girl would go to such an extreme given as you said all you did was "ask her out".

No offense...but you either have really really really bad luck or their is something you're not willing to mention. It's just an odd story given what you've said and all. I just find it a bit odd that a girl would go to such an extreme given as you said all you did was "ask her out".
    Ask any details, I never lie, and also tell people all the info they want to know. All I did was ask her out, she agreed, and then made a report right after I left.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Ask any details, I never lie, and also tell people all the info they want to know. All I did was ask her out, she agreed, and then made a report right after I left.
    Kinda doubt that. Plus one would have to hear her side of the story in all this. One should always be careful of a person who forever plays the victim.

I think this varied from the thread a bit..

Kinda doubt that. Plus one would have to hear her side of the story in all this. One should always be careful of a person who forever plays the victim.
    If you doubt me, ask me anything at all. I never ,ever lie. I stopped lying since when I was around 8 years old. Her part of the storie was all lies, as the two witnesses in the parking lot, as well as the security officer, and two other students inside the building also proved.

And as for why Im mentioning it here, that is to have somebody to talk to , becaue I dont have friends in this part of florida, since this place is kind of like a backwoods pile of rubble that they call a town.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

If you doubt me, ask me anything at all. I never ,ever lie. I stopped lying since when I was around 8 years old. Her part of the storie was all lies, as the two witnesses in the parking lot, as well as the security officer, and two other students inside the building also proved.

And as for why Im mentioning it here, that is to have somebody to talk to , becaue I dont have friends in this part of florida, since this place is kind of like a backwoods pile of rubble that they call a town.
    Never asked why you posted it here that was simple enough to figure out. Though it's now an odder story since with all your witnesses you still wound up in hot water.

Never asked why you posted it here that was simple enough to figure out. Though it's now an odder story since with all your witnesses you still wound up in hot water.
    Because three girls in the same class got together and made lies, and somehow got the teacher to join in on it.

I think the teacher dislikes me , because I transferred to another class instead of hers, last symester, but that still isnt reason or justification to do what she did, if thats why she did that.

I have no clue why the three girls got together afterwards to do that though. I never did anything to them to upset them in any way, whatsoever.

Im still on the old murders, unsolved cases theories, and we evolved into this. Hmm, not what I had in mind. Or is it just me

Im still on the old murders, unsolved cases theories, and we evolved into this. Hmm, not what I had in mind. Or is it just me
    That reminds me of the time in science class, back in junior high. Somehow they began discussing Volcanoes, and somehow ended up talking about cross-dressing soccer players in Scotland.

I dont remember the details of what they said, but that was probably a very interesting discussion.

Now you got it.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Since it's popped up in other discussions I figured I'd bite and see what truth to it their was.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

All kidding aside, that impressed the hell out of me. If we could all be a little more open minded there wouldn't be a problem. Just let people be themselves. As a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings (I shy away from the term "christian") I often find that I'm too gothic for christian people and too christian for goth people. It's a hard place to be when I just wanna be who I am and believe what I want. I'm the last person to push my opinion but alot of "fundamentalists" have ruined everyone for me. Sorry to get off topic...by the way I don't know alot of details on The Black Dahlia, but The Black Dahlia Murder is an awesome band and if you don't know who they are, check them out.

Got that right. I mean uh...what are you talking about?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperino
    All kidding aside, that impressed the hell out of me. If we could all be a little more open minded there wouldn't be a problem. Just let people be themselves. As a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings (I shy away from the term "christian") I often find that I'm too gothic for christian people and too christian for goth people. It's a hard place to be when I just wanna be who I am and believe what I want. I'm the last person to push my opinion but alot of "fundamentalists" have ruined everyone for me. Sorry to get off topic...by the way I don't know alot of details on The Black Dahlia, but The Black Dahlia Murder is an awesome band and if you don't know who they are, check them out.
    ok, I will check out the band. As far as the Black Dahlia murder, in 1947 ( I believe that was the year, but I could be wrong) a woman was found horribly murdered, mutilated, and dumped in an abandoned lot in Southern California. ( I think LA county but again, without having the facts in front of me, I cant be certain) anyways, the case had tons of publicity, and many people confessed to the crime, but the case was never solved. try typing the Black Dahlia Murder into a search engine, and you can find some sites that actually show the crime scene photos. Pretty Grisly.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Thanks.

Wasn't me..heh heh.

Suuurreee...

I know how you like to gnaw on uteruses.. hahaha

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Yes, there are people who are innocent that get life sentences, but those are few compared to the # of people that actually did do the crime & got busted. You know what, if nothing really happened, and there were witnesses, plenty of evidence (or lack of) to prove you didn't do anything, then you have nothing to worry about.

Well, unless you're Will Smith in a movie.

Sounding exceedingly innocent and playing the victim only gets people suspicious. Let the truth tell its own tale.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I read along and had to comment (see above) but not realizing that Tequile had already said what I thought. I apologize. That'll teach me not to read the whole thread.

Back to the thread: I thought I read somewhere that "they" thought Jack the Ripper was a member of royalty... a mad prince or something? Am I hopelessly out of date with this info?

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    I read along and had to comment (see above) but not realizing that Tequile had already said what I thought. I apologize. That'll teach me not to read the whole thread.

Back to the thread: I thought I read somewhere that "they" thought Jack the Ripper was a member of royalty... a mad prince or something? Am I hopelessly out of date with this info?
    actually your right, that is one theory. Some theories include the killer to have been a doctor/surgeon, butcher, actor..etc. The list goes on. One theory I read was about a man named Sickert, who they are trying to prove by DNA, from a stamp that was on one of the Rippers letters to the press, or the cops.

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

Wasn't the black dahlia murder the one where they now say the investigator's father did it? His father was a surgeon who had an affair with this girl, and I think he may have actually killed quite a few others too. He ended up fleeing the country and living on some tropical island for the rest of his life. Anyway, how about a real mystery: who killed Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman???

Quote Originally Posted by nausiatingpain
    Wasn't the black dahlia murder the one where they now say the investigator's father did it? His father was a surgeon who had an affair with this girl, and I think he may have actually killed quite a few others too. He ended up fleeing the country and living on some tropical island for the rest of his life. Anyway, how about a real mystery: who killed Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman???
    its one of many theories, and continues to be a mystery. Im not sure I believe it yet, I have to get the book, read it, and weigh it against the other evidence. As far as the Ron Goldman, and Nicole Brown murders, it was professor Mustard in the Conservatory, with an axe. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Szandora
    Suuurreee...

I know how you like to gnaw on uteruses.. hahaha
    Forever and a day.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

actually your right, that is one theory. Some theories include the killer to have been a doctor/surgeon, butcher, actor..etc. The list goes on. One theory I read was about a man named Sickert, who they are trying to prove by DNA, from a stamp that was on one of the Rippers letters to the press, or the cops.
    I always liked the theory of the surgeon...mainly since if you read the letters, look at the crime scene photos, and the over all details of the crimes it makes sense. One of the more interesting ones has Jack actually heading to the States...

It's a great who done it since it has brutal crimes, no real possibility of finding out who did it, and a good it all took place in a time when Crime Investigation was still young.

I always liked the theory of the surgeon...mainly since if you read the letters, look at the crime scene photos, and the over all details of the crimes it makes sense. One of the more interesting ones has Jack actually heading to the States...

It's a great who done it since it has brutal crimes, no real possibility of finding out who did it, and a good it all took place in a time when Crime Investigation was still young.
    Thats probably why it fascinates so many people, that we will never really know who did it. I read as much as I can about it, but so many ideas, so many conflicting opinions.

I read everything about the Zodiac.

+ Reply to Thread