+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is KY jelly so popular?

Default Why is KY jelly so popular?

wouldnt whipped cream or pudding be better?

The pudding would be cheaper, but the disadvantages of pudding or cool whip would probably be the smell after a while, since they would have some milk in them most of the time.

Also, the KY jelly is supposed to be a lot clearer.

Can somebody explain why the jelly is more popular than other liquids, gels, etc?

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Why is KY jelly so popular?

people think it's gross but it's really good on toast...no wait that's diarrhea, sorry

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

LOL, funny story involving KY Jelly. Being a fire-blower with a nine inch goatee usually doesnt sound safe, but KY is the best thing to stop hair from igniting. Was doing a show a while back, finished up my set (was doing double tounges, back-bend blows, spinners and multiple blower carries) finished with a straight out extended flame. Damned wind turned around on me and sent the flame right back into my face igniting my beard. Only time in my life I can honestly say KY Jelly saved my life (since I had coated my beard with it before starting my set) Great video actually, me standing on stage with a bottle of fluid in one hand, torch in the other and my face on fire just standing there, audience loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar

The pudding would be cheaper, but the disadvantages of pudding or cool whip would probably be the smell after a while, since they would have some milk in them most of the time.

Can somebody explain why the jelly is more popular than other liquids, gels, etc?
    KY is better/more popular because it is not as messy as liquid lubes. It also has no funky smell and it cleans up alot easier than alot of diffrent things. Sure, you could use whipped cream or pudding. But, just think of how it will end up after a while, heat and friction are not dairy products friends. If you were going to lick it off someone sure, go ahead and use pudding or what ever...

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Pudding and whipped cream contain sugar. Bacteria, yeast, (and probably other microorganisms) love sugar. If you don't douche afterwards, there could be an overgrowth of bacteria, yeast, or other things that might make hell for whoever gets it into their moist, damp cavities. If you are using pudding or whipped cream to have intrusive sex, you have to douche right afterwards. However, in a woman, douching may also get rid of "helpful" bacteria that keep a certain balance inside. That can result in a yeast infection (overgrowth).

KY Jelly is water-based and is safe to use with rubber and latex condoms and toys. It is also clear and clean-rinsing.

Some oil based lubes are intended for male masturbation. But oil and petroleum based products weaken condoms and rubber sex toys.

I am a physiology major and even though I haven't come across this situation in class (ha ha), so if I am wrong, please let me know.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

it does what is has to, then you forget it

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    Pudding and whipped cream contain sugar. Bacteria, yeast, (and probably other microorganisms) love sugar. If you don't douche afterwards, there could be an overgrowth of bacteria, yeast, or other things that might make hell for whoever gets it into their moist, damp cavities. If you are using pudding or whipped cream to have intrusive sex, you have to douche right afterwards. However, in a woman, douching may also get rid of "helpful" bacteria that keep a certain balance inside. That can result in a yeast infection (overgrowth).

KY Jelly is water-based and is safe to use with rubber and latex condoms and toys. It is also clear and clean-rinsing.

Some oil based lubes are intended for male masturbation. But oil and petroleum based products weaken condoms and rubber sex toys.

I am a physiology major and even though I haven't come across this situation in class (ha ha), so if I am wrong, please let me know.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, miss..
    The last thing I wanna deal with is some bacteria, fuck that. I'd rather use KY. Puddin' kinda freaks me out down you know where...

Quote Originally Posted by Szandora
    Couldn't have said it better myself, miss..
    The last thing I wanna deal with is some bacteria, fuck that. I'd rather use KY. Puddin' kinda freaks me out down you know where...
    Thanks, was just curious as to why they used that instead. Now I know.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

That's odd that you mention KY jelly as being so popular. In the circles I run, no one uses that stuff unless they have to. It's all Astroglide in my world. It seems not necessarily to be the cheapest, but the best feeling and the most effective with the smallest amount. (Just my two cents.)

Not sure, since I think it is more for Surf Boards or something, since they sold it in the "wings" beachware stores, but they had some sort of stuff called: "Sex Wax" Im not sure what that stuff was though, since it didnt mention anything about it's use on the package.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    That's odd that you mention KY jelly as being so popular. In the circles I run, no one uses that stuff unless they have to. It's all Astroglide in my world. It seems not necessarily to be the cheapest, but the best feeling and the most effective with the smallest amount. (Just my two cents.)
    We use Astroglide also. It's great and a little goes a long way. I've also used KY. It always just seems like a good idea to me to use lubricants that are specially made for sex. But I wouldn't mind using chocolate, whipped cream, pudding, etc. on non-internal parts of the body...

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    We use Astroglide also. It's great and a little goes a long way. I've also used KY. It always just seems like a good idea to me to use lubricants that are specially made for sex. But I wouldn't mind using chocolate, whipped cream, pudding, etc. on non-internal parts of the body...
    That reminds me, have you ever seen "Nowhere"? It's a film by Gregg Araki (he directed it).

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

That reminds me, have you ever seen "Nowhere"? It's a film by Gregg Araki (he directed it).
    I think I've seen all of his flicks. Which one was that?

Also, tends to be Astroglide or nothing here. Used to sell the hell out of that stuff when I was an adult boutique manager. The owner was always baffled as to why Astroglide sales went threw the roof when I took over, but I'm a big believer in selling stuff you actually think is good and I think customers appreciate that.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Sure, you can go ahead and use "Sex Wax", your partner will absolutely love you for it.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

i just wanted to say i finally got my first bottle of astro-glide and this stuff is the best. i love how easily it cleans off too.

Yeah, I'm a Crisco man.

Always have been. Always will.

Not sure, since I think it is more for Surf Boards or something, since they sold it in the "wings" beachware stores, but they had some sort of stuff called: "Sex Wax" Im not sure what that stuff was though, since it didnt mention anything about it's use on the package.
    Haha, that would definitely not be a good idea... Sex Wax is used for the surfboards... not humans. Go ahead, use it. Your partner will throw things at... I mean, love you for it.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

we have like this commercial sized jug of astoglide...its freakin huge....so yeah...astro glide rocks my socks...

Long live Astro-glide!!!!

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

rofl i love this thread. i use id glide! it rox.. and they give it away free in the gay clubs round here too.. bonus

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

tried a few but she seems to like the KY

+ Reply to Thread