+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What movie would you do a remake of?

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

Default What movie would you do a remake of?

I have been watching some old horror movies, as well as other types, and I was considering what I would do different if I had the chance to do a remake of a movie. For this topic, just pretend you had the resources, funding, equipment. What movie would you remake, what would you do different, or change? Also, what are your thoughts on some remakes you have seen?

Default Re: What movie would you do a remake of?

I know they are already remaking Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with someone....But I wanna remake it with Marilyn Manson as Willy Wonka....
    And all the lil Oompa Loompas as like dwarf demons with lil tails and horns..

Maybe in the chocolates they would be putting heroine or something to make all the children who ate them VERY addicted to them. Or amybe they would infuse the chocolates with varying amounts of sin and sinnister behavior..

That to me would be cool...Lotsa other Ideas but I tired of typing.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    I know they are already remaking Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with someone....But I wanna remake it with Marilyn Manson as Willy Wonka....
    And all the lil Oompa Loompas as like dwarf demons with lil tails and horns..

Maybe in the chocolates they would be putting heroine or something to make all the children who ate them VERY addicted to them. Or amybe they would infuse the chocolates with varying amounts of sin and sinnister behavior..

That to me would be cool...Lotsa other Ideas but I tired of typing.
    That is one remake I wanna see

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Manson can't act though...cause the rumor of him being in the remake floated around for years. The worst thing they can do is make is obviously "dark"...the original worked so well because its darkness was true and unforced.

Something not trying to be creepy is much more disturbing than something blatently trying to be creepy and disturbing.

oompah loompah doopity doo
    I have a satanic message for you
    oompah loompah doopity dee
    If you are wise you will listen to me

What do you get when you desecrate graves
    Necrophelia always a fav
    what do you do when your covered in blood
    make sure you keep some for when you get home

The lord satan is comming for you
    Praying to God will not save thee...

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Manson can't act though...cause the rumor of him being in the remake floated around for years. The worst thing they can do is make is obviously "dark"...the original worked so well because its darkness was true and unforced.

Something not trying to be creepy is much more disturbing than something blatently trying to be creepy and disturbing.
    that is true, I would however love to see an even creepier, newer version of Willy Wonka, loved the movie as a child. I had heard Johnny Depp was slated for the remake. I think he would do well.

I have a satanic message for you
    If you are wise you will listen to me

What do you get when you desecrate graves
    Necrophelia always a fav
    what do you do when your covered in blood
    make sure you keep some for when you get home

The lord satan is comming for you
    Praying to God will not save thee...

LOL
    Love that

Rob Zombie is a creepy looking bastard let him do it....Dunno if he can act but he would be cool lookin willy wonka

ok, sounds good too. He might scare the kids though :p

Know any good recipes for dog??? The neighbors downstairs' little dog has to be killed..It wont stop howling....Little voices in my head are gettin annoyed...Keep saying kill puppy...KILL PUPPY!!!!!

And I figure why I am at why miss out on a good meal

no killing puppies, humans are much better

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Rob Zombie should star in a remake of Jesus Christ Superstar. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Rob Zombie should star in a remake of Jesus Christ Superstar. Simple as that.
    what a movie that would be

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Know any good recipes for dog??? The neighbors downstairs' little dog has to be killed..It wont stop howling....Little voices in my head are gettin annoyed...Keep saying kill puppy...KILL PUPPY!!!!!

And I figure why I am at why miss out on a good meal

watch faces of death 5

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

I'd remake Gothika and this time it wouldn't suck

I havent seen it, it probably would be a dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperino
    I'd remake Gothika and this time it wouldn't suck
    No offense to Halle Berre, but I hate her in all the movies that she was ever in.

I didnt get to see the whole movie yet, but Halle Berry completely butchered the character role of CatWoman.

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFire
    I have been watching some old horror movies, as well as other types, and I was considering what I would do different if I had the chance to do a remake of a movie. For this topic, just pretend you had the resources, funding, equipment. What movie would you remake, what would you do different, or change? Also, what are your thoughts on some remakes you have seen?
    Remake : "The Little Shop Of Horrors"

They should make new sequels to "Evil Dead", and "GhostBusters" though. Those movies rocked.

They made a sequel to "Evil Dead", with"Evil Dead 4" being the game: "A Fistful of BoomStick", but they should make more movies of that , and many of the other good classics.

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

Day of the Dead is a nice candidate for a remake. Instead of remaking classics such as Psycho and Dawn of the Dead, they should focus on crappier movies that need improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by nausiatingpain
    Day of the Dead is a nice candidate for a remake. Instead of remaking classics such as Psycho and Dawn of the Dead, they should focus on crappier movies that need improvement.
    any specifics you would like to see redone? crappy ones that is..and what would you change?

any specifics you would like to see redone? crappy ones that is..and what would you change?
    Specific plot points in Day of the Dead that I would change? I don't know, I think the story itself is kind of lame. "Mad scientist tries to domesticate zombies to quell the plague." Not sure what you can really do with that. The remake of Dawn of the Dead was really a completely different movie from the original (not as good though). So I guess scrapping the original story is not quite off limits. How about this: the crew from Dawn of the Dead lands their helicopter at the underground army base. They could have it take place in area 51 or cheyenne mountain; you know, one of those top-secret places. Instead of trying to find a scientific solution to the zombie problem, the army debates nuking all the major cities. Of course the plan would end in failure and the base will fall to the zombies.

Other movies that could use a remake? Return of the Living Dead could probably be remade well. The Fulci and Argento movies (ie, Suspiria, Gates of Hell, Zombie) have a lot of bad acting and cheesy lines, so they're all fair game.

Specific plot points in Day of the Dead that I would change? I don't know, I think the story itself is kind of lame. "Mad scientist tries to domesticate zombies to quell the plague." Not sure what you can really do with that. The remake of Dawn of the Dead was really a completely different movie from the original (not as good though). So I guess scrapping the original story is not quite off limits. How about this: the crew from Dawn of the Dead lands their helicopter at the underground army base. They could have it take place in area 51 or cheyenne mountain; you know, one of those top-secret places. Instead of trying to find a scientific solution to the zombie problem, the army debates nuking all the major cities. Of course the plan would end in failure and the base will fall to the zombies.

Other movies that could use a remake? Return of the Living Dead could probably be remade well. The Fulci and Argento movies (ie, Suspiria, Gates of Hell, Zombie) have a lot of bad acting and cheesy lines, so they're all fair game.
    Im with you on day of the dead, but I still think The Gates of Hell was one hell of a movie. A preist commits suicde and opens the gates of hell? Zombies? guts flooding out of a victims mouth? Maybe seeing it now makes it seem cheesy, but I saw it many, many years ago, before a lot of the CGI movies out nowadays, and it scared the hell out of me and about 15 other friends who went to see it. I figure though, that nowadays, people prefer CGI. I dont know thats just me. I will say though that the music from G of H STILL creeps me out...and thanks for the feedback.

I also just got Suspiria very recently and havent had a chance to watch it, although I look forward to it. I am definitley an old Argento/Fulci fan, but everyone has their own tastes :P

Im with you on day of the dead, but I still think The Gates of Hell was one hell of a movie. A preist commits suicde and opens the gates of hell? Zombies? guts flooding out of a victims mouth? Maybe seeing it now makes it seem cheesy, but I saw it many, many years ago, before a lot of the CGI movies out nowadays, and it scared the hell out of me and about 15 other friends who went to see it. I figure though, that nowadays, people prefer CGI. I dont know thats just me. I will say though that the music from G of H STILL creeps me out...and thanks for the feedback.
    I have no problem with the story or the effects. But the dialogue and acting are pretty incompetent, and there are parts where the movie lags. If you saw it again today I think you'd agree.

I have no problem with the story or the effects. But the dialogue and acting are pretty incompetent, and there are parts where the movie lags. If you saw it again today I think you'd agree.
    actually your right about that, I have seen it somewhat recently, and it did seem kind of slow, but I still count it as one of my favs. I loved the demonic preist, the girl coming back from the dead and scaring her brother, the woman who dissapeared from her coffin, and with that damn soundtrack going, I still to this day get goosebumps watching it. Thats why its my fav. I like all kinds of movies, esp ones with religious overtones, or posession. (Exorcist) I dont know why, they just spook me. And I wasnt raised in a religious household, actually far from it. Any other movies you really find scary? I love adding films to my collection.. ( I have got 28 days, just got it, another one I havent gotten to watch yet)

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I also just got Suspiria very recently and havent had a chance to watch it, although I look forward to it. I am definitley an old Argento/Fulci fan, but everyone has their own tastes :P
    I saw it in high school. It scared me in a good spine-tingling way-- it was a netherworld, subconscious-like space of delightful horror. I don't think I'd want a remake of this one. Hollywood would probably ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    I saw it in high school. It scared me in a good spine-tingling way-- it was a netherworld, subconscious-like space of delightful horror. I don't think I'd want a remake of this one. Hollywood would probably ruin it.
    If I didnt work so damn much, I probably wouldnt fall asleep 5 minutes into a movie. Its one of those things. I work a lot, and when I have a day off, I clean my place, run around doing errands, and then Im wiped out for the rest of the night. I am REALLY hoping to check out some of my new movies this weekend. Im looking forward to Suspiria

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

If I didnt work so damn much, I probably wouldnt fall asleep 5 minutes into a movie. Its one of those things. I work a lot, and when I have a day off, I clean my place, run around doing errands, and then Im wiped out for the rest of the night. I am REALLY hoping to check out some of my new movies this weekend. Im looking forward to Suspiria
    Yeah, life's just full of these damn details that need to be done... Hey, tell me what you thought if you get to it. And I'm going to try to watch it again this summer, I want to see what an older me thinks of it

ok, I will do that. I think Im going to like it, so many people have referred it to me

+ Reply to Thread