+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you cope?

Ambika's Avatar Member

Default How do you cope?

When your boyfriend/girlfriend breaks up with you do you have a special way to deal with it? if so. wanna let me in on the secret? >.-

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: How do you cope?

when me and the fiencee wore torn apart,i wrote a few songs tag them on the end of shows....felt pretty good....

and i stuck with the saying"time heals all wounds" it truly is one of the best statements ever, i don't care what happens, over time things will get better....i've proven it so certainly others can too.....good luck with yourself....

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I just try to look at the reality of the situation, and stop focusing on the emotional aspects.

Emotionally, you lost all you cared about, your life is over, etc, etc...

But if you look at the reality, you can see that life goes on.
    You may be with someone, and then it may be over.
    But your life will go on, and eventually you will meet someone else, who does want to be with you.

One thing to keep in mind, is that it is better to have two people who totally want to be together, than to be with someone who does not want to be with you, or who is not sure what they want, etc... It is always better to be with someone who wants to be in a relationship. So if for any reason, someone wants out, it's better to let them go. You'll find someone who wants to be with you eventually. More people out there want to be in relationships, than people who don't.

Ambika's Avatar Member

Thanks.

Look at something abut them that pisses you off. Think of everything they did wrong, every time they hurt you. Even the tiniest things. And then you'll have reasons to be glad you're not with them. Or just go out and hang out with some friends.

Muzz's Avatar Senior Member

Phwee...

I don't think I have very good coping skills. Logically I can put it all behind me, supress it to my core, but emotionally it always comes back at me. I try to remember that it's just the way things happen and there's no way I can change it (not that I want to in this case), but the pain of how it happened never truly goes away.

Maybe eventually we'll all find our special way of coping. I know I take my agression out in terrible ways...but it helps some.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

I am so bad at coping, i am still get depressed every once in a while over my breakup with my ex which happened in early august. i make myself feel better by thinking about all the horrible times and how much of a loser he is... i honestly think the best way is to move on is to find someone new. its no fun being lonely and when you are lonely you are bound to reflect on the times when you weren't lonely. when your in a relationship, your mind is on this new person, and the old person is just eventually a retarded thing of the past.

drink

and your little dog too

i like to sit around eating ice cream and not sleeping and seethe about all their bad qualities and how stupid i am for ever having seen something in them

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

Drink, plot revenge, then find some small (yet ultimately painful) way to get back at them.

burn everything that reminds you of them (demonic curse optional)
    never speak to them ever
    try not to even let him/her see you
    on day they will want to see you a few years down the road and when they do tell them you still hate them and fuck off thats what i did felt great...

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

drink till said relationship is gone from your memory along with a few childhood memories and where you left your car keys

Ambika's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    drink till said relationship is gone from your memory along with a few childhood memories and where you left your car keys

I love you XD.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Drink alot and have lots of sex with people who wont break your heart. Wait thats my method and is not recommended.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I don't cope very well at all it tkaes time and it depened on the situation and what happens after it...but time does heal all wounds and it is actually a good idea after a few months to date, nothing serious and slolweyl get back in the saddle.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Have sex with her friends

OEC

end_this_day's Avatar Junior Member

the last time a girl broke up with me, i went and got the tattoos i wanted done, then drank and smoked alot of cigarettes.

+ Reply to Thread