+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Amelia and the alleged GenXers

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Question for Amelia and the alleged GenXers

Can the movie characters of our youth be reanimated? The one I am thinking of specifically is Veronica in Heathers (Winona Ryder) Heathers are everywhere. As we have found out, adulthood is not a game of doubles tennis. Do we leave her in an angst ridden adolescence or should Veronica rise up and skew more Heathers?

OEC

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Question for Amelia and the alleged GenXers

Eskimo.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Eskimo.
    We'll all miss Sherwood's little Eskimo . Is that a yes or no tho? I'm actually considering taking a stab at this.

OEC

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Honestly, beats me. That is a tough act to follow. I mean, the director of Heathers went on to do 40 days and 40 nights, ya know.

Lehmann (Director) says he'd do it again. It's just that Daniel Waters and Paul Westerberg never got off their arses to write a screenplay. Noni wants to do it, she just needs words in her mouth. I think Slater is till getting over the relationship he had with "Heather #1" haha he said no. I'd only take a whirl at the screenplay.

OEC

I was the poor kid an a rich, suburban, Ohio highschool when that movie came out. We didn't have Heathers, we had Missys in Worthington High. Fortunately I was paroled after only a year there, but the timing of the movie gave it a speacial place for me.

As far as a sequal goes it would be kinda neat, to see what veronica got up to but where would it go? Sure there are new Heathers, but part of the point of the first one was that the only way to beat them was not to care. Least that's what I got. Seems like the only thing left for her to do is grow up, and that doesn't sound like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    I was the poor kid an a rich, suburban, Ohio highschool when that movie came out. We didn't have Heathers, we had Missys in Worthington High. Fortunately I was paroled after only a year there, but the timing of the movie gave it a speacial place for me.

As far as a sequal goes it would be kinda neat, to see what veronica got up to but where would it go? Sure there are new Heathers, but part of the point of the first one was that the only way to beat them was not to care. Least that's what I got. Seems like the only thing left for her to do is grow up, and that doesn't sound like fun.
    It would begin with her grown up, but then she'd get flashes of Heathers. I'm also thinking it would have to incorporate a spoof on sequels as being Heathers themselves. I think that is why the previous attempts failed.

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

whar are you guys talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    whar are you guys talking about?
    The movie "Heathers". Can the main character Veronica Sawyer, played by Winona Ryder, be reanimated in another film? My answer is yes if it is a spoof on sequels and the original movie with some stylistic similarities. It's just something I've had a notion to take a stab at for awhile now.

OEC

Bedlamite

A redo of Heathers might be...not the same...it was a moment in time. Although my very cynical side would like to see some 'reality' sequels. Like The Ledgend of Billie Jean Two: Billie Jean on Wealfare!

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    A redo of Heathers might be...not the same...it was a moment in time. Although my very cynical side would like to see some 'reality' sequels. Like The Ledgend of Billie Jean Two: Billie Jean on Wealfare!
    It would not be a redo at all. Only the main character would stay the same. I'm thinking more along the lines of a spoof on the Heathers that remain around us, including sequels to movies.

OEC

I love that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon
    I love that idea.
    She's a go!

OEC

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

don't get me wrong...I love the movie heathers..and another I am sure I would watch...but to me...Christian Slater's charrie made that film..without him...I can't honestly say i'd like it...He was such a great addition...

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    don't get me wrong...I love the movie heathers..and another I am sure I would watch...but to me...Christian Slater's charrie made that film..without him...I can't honestly say i'd like it...He was such a great addition...
    You're thinking in terms of a direct sequel tho. The message would be the Heathers are always around us. They never die. JD could come back (Slater said he'd do a cameo) but it's Veronica that chose life.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread