+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aesthetics; Eyebrow wax/sealers

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Default Aesthetics; Eyebrow wax/sealers

Hi,
    I've been wanting to try out this certain look that requires the removal of eyebrows only I am unwilling to shave/pluck/nair/wax my eyebrows because I'd like to keep them lol.

I read in 'Making Faces' my Kevyn Aucoin that you can hide them with certain eyebrow waxes and sealers and just paint over them with your foundation/concealer.

Does anyone know any particular brand names of waxes/sealers that work very well? Good places to find them? ect ect?

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Aesthetics; Eyebrow wax/sealers

If you have a good theatrical costume/makeup supplier in your area, the staff are usually very forthcoming with tips.

Also, if you aren't terrified of clowns... Well, you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    Hi,
    I've been wanting to try out this certain look that requires the removal of eyebrows only I am unwilling to shave/pluck/nair/wax my eyebrows because I'd like to keep them lol.

I read in 'Making Faces' my Kevyn Aucoin that you can hide them with certain eyebrow waxes and sealers and just paint over them with your foundation/concealer.

Does anyone know any particular brand names of waxes/sealers that work very well? Good places to find them? ect ect?
    Well if you are going by Kevin Aucoin, know that the concealing of the eyebrows is mainly for photo shoots. After a while with the wax tends to tighten on the skin (cause we are always moving our eyebrows to show emotion and all of that) and ultimately peels off. It also takes a while to learn how to blend the wax with your foundation. I'm sure with practice you will get it, it's just a really hard look to achieve without it looking heavy and fake to the naked eye.

If you want an easier and more subtle way to make a canvas for eyebrows; I'd go with Exuviance - CoverBlend http://www.neostrata.com/coverblend/...buy.asp?n=8751
    Note: Not to be mistaken for DermaBlend. It’s wayyyy better than that.

It's a heavy concealer that covers everything from really bad burn scars, tattoos and skin imperfections like Vitiligo. It's smudge free; it contains poly hydroxyacid- which is way better on your skin than alpha hydroxyacid.. Poly " " contains 4 - 6 acids which are larger and it takes a longer amount of time to seep into the skin (it’s kinda time elapsed) causing less irritation and improving the overall texture and smoothness of your skin. Alpha " " contains 1 - 2 acids that penetrate your skin immediately, usually irritating the hell out of your skin - over time you'll see a difference, but not like with the poly “ “. I could go on and on why this product is great but I won't. Just check it out for yourself.

Here's the info on the CoverBlend:
    http://www.neostrata.com/coverblend/

Their skin care is really awesome too!
    http://www.neostrata.com/exuviance/

And if you want a tip on how to keep those eyebows sealed on. The best, best, best product to use is called Liner Last by English Ideas. You can use it for brows and eyeliner. It's really affordable too. check it out.
    http://www.stcbiotech.com/product.asp?pID=25&cID=3

English Ideas - This is their new site.. Some company from Japan bought them out.
    http://www.stcbiotech.com/Default.asp?c=132618

One other question Szandora; Does the cover-blend word in tandem with the normal wax instead of coundations/concealers or is it entirely stand alone? All in all i'm mpressed with it. I think I'll pick some up next week to try her out.

One other question Szandora; Does the cover-blend word in tandem with the normal wax instead of coundations/concealers or is it entirely stand alone? All in all i'm mpressed with it. I think I'll pick some up next week to try her out.

You can use that instead of the wax.

I know that some Ulta's carry Exuviance and Sephora does too.. But I don't know if they have those in Ontario.. You should probably check those stores out.

A little goes a long way with the concealer, so you don't have to use a lot. It works well as a foundation too. Set the concealer with your face powder at the end of the application.

Sephora definetly carries English Ideas

Perfect! Excellent! Thank you, Szandora!

Perfect! Excellent! Thank you, Szandora!

No problem... anytime!

If you have questions just ask... I usually have an affordable way around what you wanna do. I'm pretty much an encyclopedia of cosmetic knowledge.

Good to know.. I'm pretty much am amateur at most things I do.

EvilNun's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Szandora
    No problem... anytime!

If you have questions just ask... I usually have an affordable way around what you wanna do. I'm pretty much an encyclopedia of cosmetic knowledge.
    Szandora to the rescue again.

+ Reply to Thread