+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat rooms & This is addicting

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

Default Chat rooms & This is addicting

Ok-
    first off- I hate chat rooms- they seem like such a phenomenal waste of time-
    that said-
    this is the only site i post threads on- I started in Jan and I swear I feel addicted- I probably check this more than my email or sites that post my art!!! for some reason thats kinda freakin me out!!
    any thoughts on either subject?

Default Re: Chat rooms & This is addicting

I post on two other boards besides this one, as well as manage one of my own.

I also play Everquest 2, so...that's kind of like a constant chat room, but only with people I know in real life and get along with fairly well. O_o

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

when i lost my job i was on here like ever hour,for like a couple weeks, i still get on here quite a few times a day.........and i hate computers,,i know what you mean about being addicted..........it's just soo rare to interact with so many like-minded ,cool, diverse, people..........and it just keeps on callin' you back.......

spdstsposeo's Avatar Member

I see what you mean...I've realized that forums seem to share SO much more wisdom than chatrooms. Chatrooms to me seem like a bunch of people typing the first thing on their minds..and also seem to be in constant conflict over the most pointless things. Personally i've never been hooked on chatrooms. They did nothing more than annoy me. But forums on the other hand. They were designed to hold decent conversations. Forums filter out the chaotic idiocy that goes on in chatrooms. Seems as though the fact that a more time consuming process is required to post your replies, people actually seem to put some thought into what they type.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

a/s/l?

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

I am on here like 6 times a day lol. I lvoe this forum, and i love making fun of kilatomiks petty pirate army.

Quote Originally Posted by adorn_shadow
    I am on here like 6 times a day lol. I lvoe this forum, and i love making fun of kilatomiks petty pirate army.
    If he only knew I had my attack force of ninja monkeys around his house!...oops. I killed him.

lol i know. oh oh, ahh ahh ahhh chooo gotta sneeze,ahh ahh ahhh chooo oh killed all his parrots!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, it's pretty cool until we start talking about politics. and then we always say that we're going to stop, and someone brings it up again and we all go apeshit. haha. and come to the same conclusion once again.

lol i know. oh oh, ahh ahh ahhh chooo gotta sneeze,ahh ahh ahhh chooo oh killed all his parrots!
    I set termites on his ships, and they've sunk the ship and everyone's pegleg are gone. Oops!

LOL I just stay out of political convos all together. That is the smart approach! lol

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

LOL I just stay out of political convos all together. That is the smart approach! lol

yeah really.....its best...i just can't help myself whenever those threads arise, i just get sucked in.....NOOOooooooo!!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    yeah, it's pretty cool until we start talking about politics. and then we always say that we're going to stop, and someone brings it up again and we all go apeshit. haha. and come to the same conclusion once again.

True true true...though even as heated as they get it all fades fast. Kinda hard to hold a grudge here...It's too intimate a group for that.

What is interesting is that the percived animosity in one thread rarely carries over into others. It's rather unique really.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I use a computer a lot anyways. This forum is a great anchor for multitasking. I haven't been to a chatroom in years. Other forums generally suck. I seem to get a lot more done this way, people here make my others tasks more like a fun game. I don't post anywhere else now, I only would if it were on very specific subjects. Everything else just wastes my time.

OEC

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I don't do the chat thing anymore. But when I did, I used to have a dummy screenname and fucked with people. It's kinda funny to have 15-year-olds try to pick me up. Well with a screenname like gothslipknotfan420666, who can refuse?

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

i used to be on here all day everyday until i started working.....now im unemployed again so im gonna be on more .......chat rooms bore me, i play runescape though which is kinda a chat room

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

The only time I ever go in chat rooms is when I'm on soulseek looking through people's files for stuff to download. Sometimes if people are talking about something interesting, I'll join in. I like going on message boards a lot though.

and your little dog too

boards are way better than chat. more likely to open minds and introduce new things. this board is the best one on the net for finding cool new things i can get into and for hearing new ideas on a deeper more intelligent level.

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Yeah, chatrooms are pretty crappy. It's hard to find controlled conversations, and hard to get to know people's personalities. This is the only board I post on, and damn you guys...it's great to have some great things to talk about with a great bunch of people.

AND, this is a great place to be when you're lonely...even though the chat isn't live....you can go to so many different topics and talk all night. Then the next day you have something to look forward to when you check back to see what people had to say to your thoughts and opinions.

*doing the happy dance*
    yup...definately supreme to chat!

Mother Superior

The chat room thing has been played out for me but with certain people it could have been fun. I did Mirc for way too long. I think it is a prerequisite to be mental,dysfuntional, and irritating just to join. Not including you Daimonic.

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

i got out of chat when my friends from demon 6 linked to this site and have been here ever since altho i regret only being spotty with my posts other than that i am happy with the comunity here it suits me well btw for all h-town ppl out there demon 6 will be throwing another party in march i will post details in the proper forum it sounds to be a real goooooood time

OB~26 former mindless chatter

+ Reply to Thread