+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help MUSIC

Howrangi's Avatar So how old are you again?

Default need help MUSIC

i just saw the cradle of filth video for Nymphetamine. and i just loved it. I'm looking for more of that type of music like COF do you guys have any suggestions.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Re: need help MUSIC

Sirenia, Tristinia, Theatre Of Tragedy, Death In June, Diary Of Dreams, Seraphim Shock

After Forever

Depends what you like about Cradle of Filth....if it's the heaviness, then I would recommend something like Deicide.

If it's heaviness, blastbeats, screaming, plus Satanic themes, lyrics and imagery...has to be Akercocke...they've played support for COF, and are generally seen as the next big thing in Black Metal to come out of England. The CD of their 'Goat of Mendes' album contains the enhanced video for 'Infernal Rites'...blood, breasts, and Black Mass...it's not going to turn up on MTV anytime soon !

Seeing as you singled out 'Nymphetamine', I'm guessing you like a little female vocals thrown in? I'd recommend Hungarian symphonic doom metallers 'Without Face'...not as heavy as COF, but awesome nonetheless, with a real Poe/Lovecraft flavour to their lyrics...try and track down the song '...In The Garden' from their album 'Astronomicon' if you can to get an idea of their sound. Their female vocalist Juliette has a wonderful, almost operatic voice which contrasts nicely with the sinister, sneering vocals of the male singer...and like most Hungarian girls, she is absolutely gorgeous ! Sadly, she has since left the band....Forrest and Amelia should make her an offer ....

cool thxs I like the Cruelty brought thee orchids song from COF, I guess i like the guitar rifts from the song. And yes I really like the female vocals from that song too. Kittie is not that hard core compared to COF but her voice WOOOOOHHOOOO

i would suggest as well Otep

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

My Dying Bride...Cannibal Corpse, Bella Morte, Lacuna Coil etc..Tristania Rocks..also a great dark gothic opera type band...with heavy metal influences..Poema Arcanus...

ooo Katatonia too...forgot about them...

Katatonia is so awsome, I love them.

you mentioned kittie...ewww, but perhaps Jack Off Jill is more of your taste? JOJ is awsome, I recomend the songs Vivica, Star No Star, Strawberry Gashes, & Fear of Dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    Katatonia is so awsome, I love them.

you mentioned kittie...ewww, but perhaps Jack Off Jill is more of your taste? JOJ is awsome, I recomend the songs Vivica, Star No Star, Strawberry Gashes, & Fear of Dying.
    Ohhh Jack off Jill...YUm...*angels f**k * ..awesome tune...

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

........... Hansel Und Gretyl, because they're fukking uber

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Best Cradle album (in my oppinion): V Empire. There's this Italian (?) band, Theatres des Vampires, they sound a bit like cradle, but have their own style. Can't think of any other (black metal) band which sounds like cradle. They're too unique. Nymphetamine is ok, but they've seen better days (i.e. V Empire & Dusk and Her Embrace).

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

oh, wait. i can. I just went to this small black metal happening. there were 4 bands, of which ony Wykked Wytch was worth the time... and they, too sounded a bit like cradle. kicked ass, by the way. cant wait too see them again (next time with Marduk, in a couple of months).

these are the albums i own. The Sin Of Thy Beloved, Anthems of Rebellion Disc 1, Death Cult Armageddon, House of Secrets, beseech, Rotting Christ, Atreyu, Kittie all, lacuna coil comalies, but i'm looking for more. Thanx for the help i'll check thous out. :-)

I see what your missing, please go buy the following

The Cure - Wish
    Jack Off Jill - Clear Hearts, Grey Flowers
    AFI - Sing The Sorrow
    From Autumn To Ashes - Too Bad You're Beautiful
    Hopesfall - The Satellite Years
    Poison The Well - Opposite Of December
    Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down

come back when you need more. I also recomend My Dying Bride & Opeth

PrettySkullButAngryWhore's Avatar Member
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.... New Hampshire

Check out some goatwhore. theyre the baddest ass american black metal in my opinion. also check out some mayhem. theyre classic. and if you havent checked out bork nagar get something off of the quintessence or empiricism albums (vortex's vikingesque vocals are beautiful.) gorelord and satyricon are also worth listening to. and if you want to hear the band who coined the term "black metal" get you some venom! theyre not what i would consider black metal, but classic nonetheless...
    and if youre taking Camby Savelle's advice on getting "Wish" by the cure, also pick up "Disintegration" (to quote the south park episode with mecha-barbara streisand "Disintegration is the best album ever!" Man it was cool to see Robert Smith defeat that beast!)

oh and GoatOnFire: i agree, COF has seen better days. vempyre, dusk and her embrace and cruelty and the beast are the good ones... after that they went downhill a little but after they went to sony (damnation and a day) it started taking a turn for the worse.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySkullButAngryWhore
    Check out some goatwhore. theyre the baddest ass and a day) .

the 2nd time i say Cannibal Corpse,goat whore opened, not bad ,not bad at all..........

PrettySkullButAngryWhore's Avatar Member
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.... New Hampshire

ive seen goatwhore twice and they rock the house. the lead vocalist (ben falgoust) is also the vocalist in soilent green and the backup vocalist/lead guitar player (sammy duet) is in crowbar and was in acid bath. theyre also way cool guys.

+ Reply to Thread