+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belated I'm New Thread

Bedlamite

Default Belated I'm New Thread

Hi there Blue Blood Boards. I'm Wickedanima, new to the message boards. I am currently moved safe and sound back to the Southern USA after a disastrous run at living in NYC. Everything seemed to work out for the best however, as I've been employed at a funky little coffee house where I am encouraged to maintain my eccentric appearance.

I joined the boards because I wanted a way to reach out to other alt lifestyle types, and after reading over the posts, there seemed to be a lot of fun/intelligent types here.

I'm mostly antisocial, as I don't get on very well with most people. I role-play from time to time, watch a lot of TV, and play a few video games here and there. I enjoy going to Goth clubs, mostly to get out of the house and do some dancing, although partly to mock real live people every-so-often. (Mocking the people on TV isn't always fulfilling.)

That's it for now.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Belated I'm New Thread

A proper welcome to you
    Funky little coffeehouses rule!

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

................... bienvenue, and welcome to BlueBood. Funky coffehouses are great, but watch out for funky coffee.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Welcome yes a ncie place for a cup a joe and some talk is always a good thing

I used to hang out at this really awesome coffeehouse when I was in college.

Man, they had good coffee...but even better milkshakes.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

ahoy therr welcome aboard as long as its not a starbucks ur ok in my book so enjoy your stay harr

PrettySkullButAngryWhore's Avatar Member
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.... New Hampshire

welcome welcome welcome. we've been expecting you........

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Belated Hello.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    Hi there Blue Blood Boards. I'm Wickedanima, new to the message boards. I am currently moved safe and sound back to the Southern USA after a disastrous run at living in NYC. Everything seemed to work out for the best however, as I've been employed at a funky little coffee house where I am encouraged to maintain my eccentric appearance.

I joined the boards because I wanted a way to reach out to other alt lifestyle types, and after reading over the posts, there seemed to be a lot of fun/intelligent types here.

I'm mostly antisocial, as I don't get on very well with most people. I role-play from time to time, watch a lot of TV, and play a few video games here and there. I enjoy going to Goth clubs, mostly to get out of the house and do some dancing, although partly to mock real live people every-so-often. (Mocking the people on TV isn't always fulfilling.)

That's it for now.
    Hi there! What happened in NYC? I can guess, expensive, tough place. I am still here in NYC.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Hi there! What happened in NYC? I can guess, expensive, tough place. I am still here in NYC.
    Eh...Have you ever had a string of foul fortune? I did. I have a series of large and small bad things happen to me from the moment that I decided to move back to NYC. (I lived there when I was 19).

I found that it is harder to make it somewhere when there are two of you trying to survive, which you'd think was opposite, but its not. Particularly when you're other half is someone who has never lived in a place like NYC before.....

Mostly, it was a combination of not being able to find a job that would support me. 7$ an hour is not enough to make it, and better paying jobs were a) for people with at least 2 years of experience answering phones b) a scam or c) Looking for someone thinner and taller.

I also think that I still lack the direction and sheer driving force it takes to make it in New York. You have to be hungry for something, and while I'm that, I am not sure that I'm as hungry as everyone else who's writhing in the puppy pile of Manhattan Island.

I'm sad about the whole thing, I would like to have that whole incredible dream of being able to be myself, find myself, have my own apartment in New York and be the fabulous being I think I am.
    But...

Yeah, a funky little coffee shop is good. And don't worry, its not Starbucks or Funky Coffee. Its run by a very kooky-forever young DJ friend of mine, which means I will get to maintain my attitude, appearence, and live the life of a goofy gothy nerd for a while longer.

Welcome...

So what part of the south do you currently live in?

Coffee sounds great right now... mmmmmm... I'm a complete coffee junkie.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Szandora
    Welcome...

So what part of the south do you currently live in?

Coffee sounds great right now... mmmmmm... I'm a complete coffee junkie.
    I'm in Western North Carolina, two hours from Atlanta, about an Hour from Asheville.

And yesh, Coffee is the best. Particularly with lots of sugar and cream and chocloate...*blink* Yeah....

+ Reply to Thread