+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dita´s Man.

fashion's Avatar Junior Member

Default Dita´s Man.

So.. Marilyn Manson Today? What is your oppinion? Your comment? Your point of wiew?

Ya´ll know..?!! I just Luuuve him and that isnt a lie at all. I know people who just love him too and he is wery much "Up To Date" with the movies ha?

I dont think everybody has to approve at all but My pitiful little comment is outta Love. Love to them both. Kinky me ha???

Old album can be wery giving from several points.. Heard em? Comments!!!

Love and we all are yours!

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Dita´s Man.

I like both of their work. I know it's somehow 'not cool' to say you like them, or really anything these days, but I think all that negativity for coolness' sake is bunk. Being a sour grump doesn't really make you cool, but I've noticed a lot of pressure to never say you enjoy anything that anyone may have ever heard of before, and I think that's stupid.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I like both of their work. I know it's somehow 'not cool' to say you like them, or really anything these days, but I think all that negativity for coolness' sake is bunk. Being a sour grump doesn't really make you cool, but I've noticed a lot of pressure to never say you enjoy anything that anyone may have ever heard of before, and I think that's stupid.
    Too true. Im not ashamed to admit I like the odd 'Evanescance' track and even own their cd. Just because an artist is making money doesn't mean they've 'sold out.' It just means they're vision is finally paying off for all those hours of hard work. Some nerd in a comic shop tried to convince me that the fact he has his own 'bobble-head' figures proves Manson's a 'sell-out' and I just laughed. Everything and everyone would have their own bobble-head if they could afford it.

Fashion-You going to be watching Manson's film 'The Heart is Deceitful'?

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

I like some of his stuff, Im not sure what I think of the persona he has. I do think he has pretty great taste in women though.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    That's so true. It's like racing to be on the cutting edge to impress others rather than really vibing with the music. And, yeah, I like MM and I have some of his music.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

The whole Manson selling out argument was silly from day one...he was always pretty vocal and eagerly made himself known...anywhere and everywhere. Where he faultered a bit was during the Antichrist Superstar videos...each video tried TOO hard to be creepy...and they came off just looking uninspired and boring. It also didn't help that the style IN those videos was already used to death. The power in the lyrics became an afterthought to the style and image he was cultivating at the time. A damn shame too since his lyrics are the best part of his work.

Then Mechanical Animals came...while any Manson fan EXPECTED that kind of album and it's theme...the vidoes and his own image got out of his control. By the end of it all he became a parody of himself. He was on the decline too at this point. His lyrics also lacked punch too...

It's clear he saw that too...his albums after this tried to capture his earlier asthetics and look. The damage is done though. So right now he's at that level all sucessful artists visit..."What now?". He can't go back and try to recapture his early appeal...and he doesn't have Bowie's ability to change and evolve in such dramatic ways. So its in his court to make something interesting again.

Personally...I'd like to see him ditch the "Teen Angst" bullshit. He's explored that LONG enough. His latest album does show potential for something new..but some of it is dark for the sake of it being dark. That's not fun...or interesting. Where he REALLY shines is where he takes safe places and makes you uncomfortable in a good way...Portriat of an American Family was FILLED with that kind of stuff. You can tell he's poking around that idea again but not quite all the way.

Then again for me...he was always more interesting when he was NOT trying to be a "Rock Star".

As far as his new film goes...it's an Asia Argento film so...hell no. She's fun to look at but she has none of her fathers talent for making a film. At all.

Dita wise...she helped bring back a look and style people shrugged off as a fad and made it work for herself. Any time you can make something you like work for you...people are gonna "hate" you for it. I love the gal so could care less what others say about her. Besides at the end of the day I'm sure she gets the last laugh anyhow.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    ...but I've noticed a lot of pressure to never say you enjoy anything that anyone may have ever heard of before, and I think that's stupid.
    Worse is the need to say you like obscure lesser known crap. I don't mean lesser known bands or artists...I mean total garbage that is seen as "cool" for bullshit reasons.

Like the current phase of "The" bands...Euro bands trying to copy American garage bands or to sound like 60's and 70's crap bands.

WHAT DID WE DO AS A PEOPLE TO EARN SUCH EVILE NOISE?!

If I have to see another Leif Garrett or Pete Townsend lookin fella I'm going Dr. Strangelove on the fucking Netherlands. That'll teach em.

i dont't know i still like masons music even though it did loss some of the edge i'm pretty sure he will find that point again,and as for evanescense, ammie lee hans an incredible voice. who cares if people thinks they sold out they are very talented i hope them the best

He is a genius and I am of course a fan of his, and I love both of them, I really like his art work though, He said the best thing or smartest thing that anyone could say in Bowling For Colombine! Also I love how he always finds a way to push people buttons or never fail to shock people.

fashion's Avatar Junior Member

Thanx ya´ll. Wery sweet of you. *Blows kisses to ya*

Yes. He Is indeed one beloved artist. I dont want the comparing feeling anywhere. Bowie is David. Manson is Marilyn. (aha..) I think they both will go to (music) history as/for theirs Artists/Art.
    About art. There is some really early paintings from him that are dark and from " the ACSS era" (the last of em in the Tri. H-W as the first one. (Not as released in time).
    They call us followers?!! wannabe´s? Well I may be an wannabe but i am myselfe (I think) I dont "buy" everything said, written or If i comment GB and the "Paintings" (As Dita, H Jack nd the Absinthe bunny. (Jack Osbourne´s) <ohh gossipping,))) *blushes* ,..and "When Im old" isnt that with wrong kind of respect.. It is with my eyes open.
    I love the last menshioned of em and its still available. He IS engaged and we dont think he denies the church... (leaving it open). When H-W was released so did he withrawled from the open site.. ahh ya´ll know DC. Nowdays the Oracle. Posting in his Journal. I love it. The meaning with this is.. I think he cares and listens to his fans.
    Finally: I think (give my 2 c..) on that THEY will release one more album after this one B-Of upcoming in september, and that will be in (Approx: 2006) and that may be the last of (atleast GB, Or TGAOG) Era. Skold did bring some freshness with his (officially) arrival in the cover of soft cells 80´s hit T-L and it hasnt been with everybodys good mind amongs us followers, so to speak. I am for Skold.
    NOW.. about the future.. I am hopefully wrong and waay of the path here. If this last era will push him in the direction onwards ageing in and around "the buissness" so are that wery welcome from us all. The geniosly made art are/will be warmly welcomed from us all. allways.

Appologies for this cavemans gramma. Working on it.

Dita Von Teese + Marilyn Manson= Beauty and the Beast

Much to the dismay of most of the people on this forum, and probably the rest of the entire world as well... I have a habbit of saying whatever is on my mind. The cool part about that though, is that I openly state who and what I like, and regardless of whether people like my opinions or not, they are my opinions, and that is simply another part of what makes me who I am. For Example, I used to like Aqua, despite people saying that they sucked. I still like them, but have also included other bands that I like as well, such as KISS, Twisted Sister, The Ramones, The Monkees, Disturbed, EvanEsscens(sp) and many others.

I dont know who Dita is, but I still like Marylin Manson's music. Although I prefer the beat combined with parts of his lyrics, as opposed to the lyrics specifically, or just the music, or overall in general.

My favorite song that I remember from him would be: The Beautiful People.
    I like the music, and parts of the lyrics, but at the same time, some parts of that song, I dont like.

The point of this rant is: It is your opinion who you like, and should never be ashamed of your opinions,beliefs, or ideals.

Forcing them onto others, like most organized groups,religions,sects,crowds, and most other types of gatherings... is a different matter completely.

+ Reply to Thread