View Poll Results: What did you think of Seth McFarlane's American Dad

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's his Second hit!

3 23.08%
  • He should stick to making New Family Guy episodes.

9 69.23%
  • Seth McFarlwho?

1 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seth McFarlane's second show

Dark Z's Avatar Anime or Guns? Hmmm......

Default Seth McFarlane's second show

I've been a big fan of Seth McFarlane's "Family Guy" on Cartoon Network (after Fox Killed it)

and after the superbowl, they ran a preview of his new show American Dad.

Did anybody catch it, and if so what do you think?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Seth McFarlane's second show

I'm going to reserve judgement. I love Family Guy, but it took a while for the show to grow on me. So far though, I don't really like any of the characters on American Dad. Not that some of them aren't funny and creative. They just don't seem that much like people I'd want to spend a half an hour with, whereas I adore and am deeply entertained by a bunch of the Family Guy characters.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

American Dad was just plain bad. It shouldn't try to be a family sitcom...the focus would be much more interesting on JUST the father...including a fish and an alien was not only odd but came off as just plain stupid. It does not have the polish Family Guy had and nowhere near the comedy. I don't see this lasting past the 3rd episode.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    American Dad was just plain bad. It shouldn't try to be a family sitcom...the focus would be much more interesting on JUST the father...including a fish and an alien was not only odd but came off as just plain stupid. It does not have the polish Family Guy had and nowhere near the comedy. I don't see this lasting past the 3rd episode.
    Stewie and Brian from Family Guy (baby and dog for those less obsessed) are both pretty odd, but they are appealing enough characters that they really grew on me.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Stewie and Brian from Family Guy (baby and dog for those less obsessed) are both pretty odd, but they are appealing enough characters that they really grew on me.
    They were odd...but in a creative and smart way. The alien and fish in American Dad...are just stupid. Neither adds anything and feel tacked on and far from thought out. Guess odd is not the word...bad is.

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

I thought the first episode of American Dad was OK at best.......can't wait until May 1st when the new Family Guy episodes start to air.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

American Dad looks too formulaic... would be good for about a half a season and then would vomit all of its insides into my hand, leaving me thinking "what the hell do I do with these now?!?!"

PrettySkullButAngryWhore's Avatar Member
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.... New Hampshire

it always takes a second to welcome a show into my heart. i think the show has potential to become a favorite, but im not addicted yet. family guy will be hard to top but i think seth could be up to the challenge.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySkullButAngryWhore
    it always takes a second to welcome a show into my heart. i think the show has potential to become a favorite, but im not addicted yet. family guy will be hard to top but i think seth could be up to the challenge.
    Is he? Technically it's just another family sitcom...if he wanted to do something REALLY creative he should have focused ONLY on the dad...ditch the family as main characters and make it a satire of the whole stereotype the dad is suppose to be...it's more interesting seeing what this low level CIA man does in the field than what he does at home...I think their is more room for the kind of humor Seth does best in that area...at this point it looks and feels like the crap that was not funny enough for Family Guy.

+ Reply to Thread