+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuck You, I'm Trying To Make A Bomb

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Fuck You, I'm Trying To Make A Bomb

At somepoint in Highschool you gotta do two things, drugs in the bathroom and read The Anarchist Cookbook. Now many put the book on the shelves with other great counter-culture tomes while others (like me) see it as an actual step by step guide book. Now the book was dated as hell by the time I read it and many of it's techniques were best left as curious bits of history. However for me and my fellow students it sure made science class a whole lot more fun. Until something exploded anyhow....but hey that's what High School is for, one part terrorrist camp one part prison primer.

As time marched on and the net gave us all sorts of wonderfully dangeours ideas one quickly learned that you didn't need guns, knives, or any of that silly shit to kill off your fellow human beings or creatures. So off I went to a local junkyard home too the aging carcassess of everything mankind wanted and needed at some point for a few lessons in how to build bombs.

It's all pretty simple if you're a chemistry freak (well it WAS pretty simple in the pre-9/11 years) and the only thing you really have to worry about is personal safety. Given I was with a bunch of 20-somethings at the time and all of us were either high or drunk I'm amazed all of us still have body parts attached where the good god made em.

It's such a fun and great feeling to see something explode. The power and sound of it really has a punch to it that you gotta see firsthand to appreciate. It's not like the sadistic kid stuff of trying to hurt something or the warlike nature of armies trying to pound each other into submission...it's the well and good notion that so much force and power can come from simple chemical reactions...and look damn cool doing it.

All this lasted for a few weeks until the local Law said we had to stop but I'll never quite forget the sight and sounds of buckets of chemicals making mini mushroom clouds or the isane ideas of how best to exploit a porpane tank. It made chemistry fun to say the least and while I was way out of my league I did have a healthy new appreciation for the chemicals under my sink...who knew that I could put it in a bucket let it mix for a few hours and BAM...instant car destroying fun?

So...anyone else have fun with what is normally called "deviant behaviour"? I think stuff like the above has a special place and time in ones life where it's not quite mean but it's not all that mature...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Fuck You, I'm Trying To Make A Bomb

I failed to do either of those, but I did date people who did drugs in the bathroom and read The Anarchist Cookbook and I witnessed some entertaining explosions. Does that count?

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

started an enormous fire beside a shell petrol station. the fire brigade was called. seemed funny at the time...and now....well.....i feel ashamed!....or not..

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I failed to do either of those, but I did date people who did drugs in the bathroom and read The Anarchist Cookbook and I witnessed some entertaining explosions. Does that count?
    Indeed it does...though really you've done much cooler things since the sillyness of the above...and thankfully shared it with the world.

I just like the idea that people can get the oddest ideas in their heads...and make them happen for no real purpose other than simple enjoyment and curiosity.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Me and my friends are the scourge of the tri-state area with all the bombs weve made. FFF grade gunpowder is my true love in life.

managed to make a hole the size of a basketball in the the bonnet of a car with home-made thermite. and the simple joy to be had with Magnesium Tape...

in simmilar psychotic junkyard/school antics, i had two friends who made broadswords out of lorry Leaf Springs and re-enacted scenes from the highlander every weekend.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i never moved higher than mailboxes and M180s

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

My best friend in highschool went on to be a chemical engineer. We had a whole proper lab in his parents garage. I still have a small scar just above my eyebrow from when we managed to manufacture phosphorus. We made simple gunpowders by the pound. Home made fireworks, including choosing the colors of the effects by adjusting the metals and all that. Looking back, it was terribly dangerous stuff, but it was fun at the time. I do remember that cookbook seeming oddly rudementary, but it certainly got the young mind ticking on building a better mousetrap. Never did drugs in the bathroom though. Probably should have. I think I would have generally been less dangerous if I had been getting high instead of building multistage rockets with explosive payloads.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I've blown up my share of things, lockers, mailboxes, etc. but I never even smoked a cigarette in the school bathroom.
    I did skip every single class though.
    K

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah. I had a friend who was really into that stuff. He would make all kinds of pipe bombs, etc.
    I was a total pyromaniac as a kid. Always burning things. And fireworks were a lot of fun.
    The coolest thing I ever made, was to fill up a model rocket
    with the insides of a bunch of fireworks, mixed with gunpowder.
    That was awesome.

But the whole pipe bomb thing always made me nervous.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Ive read the anarchist cookbook and blown lots of shit up but i never related the two because the anarchist cookbook is almost pure bullshit not only is it highly dated but many of things in there are far to dangerous and the insructions are incomplete i actually own the millitary demolitions and survival manuals that the AC was derived from and the data is so incomplete that most of the stuff in the AC either wont work or will explode in your face esp the instructions it gives you for making thermite or making a solidox bomb (dont ever do that unless you want to blow yourself up)

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I got to read the AC when the internet was in its infancy, never did anything with it though. And I didn't start doing drugs until college. Guess that officially makes me boring.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

please don't associate a book for moronic pyromaniac teenagers with the people that actually practiced and lived in a non-hierarchical autonamous democractic society.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    please don't associate a book for moronic pyromaniac teenagers with the people that actually practiced and lived in a non-hierarchical autonamous democractic society.
    Why not? It's not like anyone takes either of them seriously...

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

the AC was a good read for its day, but then again, so was the bible. Just remember.. when making a pipe bomb, always wipe your threads or you'll blow your own hands off. better yet switch over to pvc tubing, its lighter and seals well with epoxy. Big Badda Boom!!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    the AC was a good read for its day, but then again, so was the bible. Just remember.. when making a pipe bomb, always wipe your threads or you'll blow your own hands off. better yet switch over to pvc tubing, its lighter and seals well with epoxy. Big Badda Boom!!
    Still a good read...has murder, death, war, incest, ****, dysfunctional relationships, angry and petty gods, crazy people...and the greatest finale ever..just a crazy book.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    ...most of the stuff in the AC either wont work or will explode in your face esp the instructions it gives you for making thermite or making a solidox bomb (dont ever do that unless you want to blow yourself up)

I did that! But, again, with a more solid understanding of the chemistry, so the AC was more like guidelines than a real cookbook. We also used to get a lot of similar texts off the old BBS communities, mmmm... at 300 baud...

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

well 2 stories, one, some kid in my high school made a milk and chlorine bomb and blew his fucking thumbs off, it was great, he was walking around with a cast on both arms giving the thumnbs up for like 8 weeks! lol. Another was me and one of my friends were working on my dirt bike all day (we were about 13) and decided to make a "molotav cocktail" after readingit in an online version of the anarchy cook book. So we made it but we fucked it up, it was made in a glass bottle and didnt break and the wick was burning beside the bottle. So i walkjed up to it to put the wick back in, but it was still burning, my friend gets the bright idea to whip a rock at it and of course it blows up right in front of my, igniting my legs on fire.! Try explaining that one to the parent. I have no leg hair and my legs are swollen to hell! lol

Just buy toy rocket engines, cut them open and you have black powder which makes great silent bombs, they only hiss and give off a shitload of smoke.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

i didn't do drugs but Idid machine a model of a royal nval 19th centuary caranoade....that was fun.....fire in the hole!!!

kshearsedriver's Avatar resident nut

not into drugs.................but shit that goes boom, that i'm into. i was even in the mititary for a few years doing demolitions. i have some of the old booby trap and explosives manuals also.................did you know you can make a bomb from piss? who'da thunk it.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Still a good read...has murder, death, war, incest, ****, dysfunctional relationships, angry and petty gods, crazy people...and the greatest finale ever..just a crazy book.

All of the above are what made it so good to read, hell, who wouldn't love a book like that. If Anne Rice wrote it, it would have even a bigger following. ROFLMAO

+ Reply to Thread