+ Reply to Thread

Thread: underground spoof of Cuba's feared security police is in hot demand

and your little dog too

Default underground spoof of Cuba's feared security police is in hot demand

from yahoo

We're Here to Bug You: Video Mocks Police

HAVANA (Reuters) - "Good Morning, we've come to install your microphones," an agent says at the door in the opening line of an underground video making the rounds in Cuba.

"In what part of the house do you usually talk bad about the government?" he asks the nervous resident, a driver who pilfers gasoline and coffee from the state.

The spoof of Cuba's feared security police is in hot demand among Cubans, for whom black jokes and complaints about communist bureaucracy is a major pastime.

Made privately by well-known figures of Cuba's film industry, the 15-minute video is being passed around as a DVD. While many Cubans are talking about the video, not all have seen it because few Cubans have computers and even fewer DVD players.

Films satirizing the state's inefficiency have been tolerated in Cuba since the early days of President Fidel Castro (news - web sites)'s government, in power since a 1959 revolution.

But the bold video called "Monte Rouge" breaks Cuban taboos by poking fun at the Big Brother aspect of Cuban society, where Cubans feel they are constantly being spied on.

The secret police has received so many complaints, the two agents explain in the video, that it has changed methods to frank and open surveillance with target participation.

"Why me?" asks the perplexed driver.

"Most people just criticize the power blackouts and Granma (Communist Party daily) and ask how long this system will go on for. But you have made very wise comments about our emigration policy that have really been helpful," the agent answers.

"We are not interested in the good things you have to say about the system," he instructs the driver.

Told to say "something subversive" to test the mikes -- placed in his toilet where the agents also offered to install a mini-bar -- the man blurts out that he wants a satellite dish, an illegal possession prized by Cubans eager to watch foreign television.

One of the agents offers to sell him a dish, but not to say anything to his colleague, in a final jab at state corruption.

The video was director by Eduardo del Llano, who plays the part of one of the agents, with cinema and television soap opera actor Luis Alberto Garcia as the victim.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: underground spoof of Cuba's feared security police is in hot demand

Someone needs to post a digital version online. I want to see it.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

So do I.

Castro's main problem was he never had a good sense of humor and never realized he never looked good in green.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I've seen the Fred Durst sex vid this morning. Why not the video I seek?

He offered to send Independent Observers to monitor Florida's elections the time before last; i TOTALLY dig Castro's sense of humour.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Laughter is the best medicine for tyranny. I can't even look at a Soviet Flag now without pissing my pants from all the spoofs I've seen done on those piglets.

OEC

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Laughter is the best medicine for tyranny. I can't even look at a Soviet Flag now without pissing my pants from all the spoofs I've seen done on those piglets.

OEC
    ohh, i gotta hear about that one............i got a soviet flag somewhere 'round here............

hey, oec i'm just curios,your ukrainian,right?, most of the ukranians i've meet don't like or can't stand russians..........while the russians i've meet/tried to fornicate with(all through high school,baby!) seem to share the feeling ,not as much though............do you feel like that?

sorry if this has been addressed by you before i can't remember.........

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    ohh, i gotta hear about that one............i got a soviet flag somewhere 'round here............

hey, oec i'm just curios,your ukrainian,right?, most of the ukranians i've meet don't like or can't stand russians..........while the russians i've meet/tried to fornicate with(all through high school,baby!) seem to share the feeling ,not as much though............do you feel like that?

sorry if this has been addressed by you before i can't remember.........
    -- One of the funniest I've seen were the gay pride parades with queens in Soviet Uniforms draped in red flags Homosexuality was outlawed in the USSR and severely repressed by Stalin (many died)

I don't hate russian people per se. I do hate what has been done in their name for the last 350 years. I think, as a nation, they have lacked the courage to stand up for what is right.

OEC

I don't hate russian people per se. I do hate what has been done in their name for the last 350 years. I think, as a nation, they have lacked the courage to stand up for what is right.

OEC

ohh, thanks, that was one of the better answers, but honestly, many of the times i was asking these stuipidly sexy russian girls,I was thinking 'bout sex.....oops..........

hahha, are Ukrainian girls just as damn sexy ass russian ones, ,only met a few,seems so.......wonder how that works out,must be the cold....haha.........

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    ohh, thanks, that was one of the better answers, but honestly, many of the times i was asking these stuipidly sexy russian girls,I was thinking 'bout sex.....oops..........

hahha, are Ukrainian girls just as damn sexy ass russian ones, ,only met a few,seems so.......wonder how that works out,must be the cold....haha.........
    I've never seen more beautiful women than Ukrainian girls in Kyiv. It is like models just walking down the street everywhere you look. You'd be a rock star there btw, just being American. Ukrainians tend to have more of a nordic type look than russians, altho obviously you have a variety of looks. It's important in both Russia and Ukraine that everyone be considered an equal citizen regardless of looks, ethnicity, religion etc.

OEC

I've never seen more beautiful women than Ukrainian girls in Kyiv. It is like models just walking down the street everywhere you look. You'd be a rock star there btw, just being American. Ukrainians tend to have more of a nordic type look than russians, altho obviously you have a variety of looks. It's important in both Russia and Ukraine that everyone be considered an equal citizen regardless of looks, ethnicity, religion etc.

OEC
    ahhh, i love it.......i'm sooo adding ukraine to my stops,when i eventually tour st.petersberg and moscow.........SOOOO doin' it(litterally,haha)

wow, my spelling's gone out the window today......hhaa

+ Reply to Thread