+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Artist Wants to Build Corpse Art Factory

and your little dog too

Default Artist Wants to Build Corpse Art Factory

from yahoo

WARSAW (Reuters) - Controversial German artist Gunther von Hagens, known for his displays of preserved human corpses stripped of skin, wants to build a factory in Poland to mass-produce his art, local officials said Monday.

Von Hagens, whose exhibitions made out of human and animal remains have attracted millions of visitors around the world, has already bought land and industrial buildings in the western Polish town of Sieniawa Zarska, near the German border.

"His father told us what he plans to do here. Von Hagen plans to open a plastination factory of human bodies," said Andrzej Chwiedacz, senior municipal official in Sieniawa, population 1,150.

"Von Hagen's father is trying to convince us and our people why it is good for our town."

The "plastination" process is a craft of preserving human bodies by replacing the natural body fluids with solid plastic. The process both preserves tissues and gives rigidity, enabling the corpse and the organs to be displayed in exhibitions.

Chwiedacz said the pioneer of plastination, whose scalpel jobs have alternately fascinated and nauseated viewers, wanted to turn the site into a factory where corpses will undergo his special treatment, employing up to 300 people.

The artist, who once put on display the corpse of a pregnant woman, complete with a dissection of her womb, has been tried in several countries for breaching laws about dealing with corpses.

The scandal around von Hagen's plans spiced up further when Polish and German press said his 89-year-old father, Gerhard Liebchen, who represents his son's businesses in Poland, is suspected to carrying out crimes against Poles in World War II.

"We will probe if Gerhard Liebchen cooperated in sending 60 Poles to concentration camps, which would give reasons to launch an investigation for participation in genocide," a state institute set up to examine wartime crimes said Monday.

Liebchen's whereabouts are not immediately known, with Sieniawa officials saying that he has not shown up in the town since the controversy started and left no contact number.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Artist Wants to Build Corpse Art Factory

those silly germans and their death factories

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    LOL

I dig the guys work and all but he may want to rethink this idea just a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    hahahahahhahahhaha

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Wow. Ive seen his stuff, love it, but a factory seems a bit odd... I mean, what a weird union to belong to...

good idea I believe there are freaks who would buy his art.

Imagine making food from human fat after liposuction.... salty hot "icecream", and charge it 1000$ each..... now I only need Donald Trump to read this, and to steal my idea (if any of you guys take idea, I would not mind)

p.s. after time of thinking, this wouold have nice price on black market

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I'm sure he wants the factory so he can make art to sell.

Right now his work is on display in Los Angeles.

+ Reply to Thread