+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psycho Nuts On The Internet

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Psycho Nuts On The Internet

Usually, I get really nice fans from The Nuns website, but once in a while, you get some really STRANGE people. This latest nut keeps emailing me saying that he did the "lighting" for the Genotorturers, and he wants me to hire him to go on tour with us, and then he starts to tell me about how he likes to have kinky sex, etc.

Then he says that he has this "friend" and they want me to sign some contract with them and they will sell Nuns things and make a website. Then when I asked him questions, he got all upset and hostile, and sent me all these long, angry ranting e-mails!

I mean, at first these people are kind of funny because it is SO ridiculous, but then when they get kind of hostile, you are really glad that they don't have your address or phone number!

Have you ever run into any crazies on the internet?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Psycho Nuts On The Internet

If you are at a level where you have fans then you're bound to have some weird nutjobs chasing after ya. This fella above one of the more "colorful" types..."Hire me, fuck me, let me make money off you, etc."

I'm wondering how these guys think this all makes sense.

Seems rather Unprofessional to Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    If you are at a level where you have fans then you're bound to have some weird nutjobs chasing after ya. This fella above one of the more "colorful" types..."Hire me, fuck me, let me make money off you, etc."

I'm wondering how these guys think this all makes sense.
    Exactly!!! I mean his first e-mail was so funny that Jeff and I were laughing! But now I think I better just put his e-mails into the junk mail section and call it a day!

Oh by the way, now the DVD company says that they are going to use the tattoo photos for the cover, so thanks for your support!!!!

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I run into looneys on the internet just as much as I seem to run into them in real life.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer

Oh by the way, now the DVD company says that they are going to use the tattoo photos for the cover, so thanks for your support!!!!
    Woo hoo! It sill amazes me that they were so against it...can't wait to see the final product.

Woo hoo! It sill amazes me that they were so against it...can't wait to see the final product.

I know! He says that he might use one of the brunettes and put "devil" stuff around it.... I told him to just photoshop a bunch of devil girls around me and make it into a pentagram, call it a day!

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I ran into a few of them, and the next thing you know im posting on their board. Yeah, you know who I'm talking about.

I understand running into a few nuts if you're any sort of celebrity or have your own web page or something, but who would've thought I would run into one my first time on e-bay? I was selling my electric guitar, I think I was pretty clear about what I had to offer (I even posted pictures with close-ups). The guy who won it--by just a few bucks--would not pay up e-mailed me constantly for more detailed photos and descriptions (something he should have done before buying!). I ended up sending him about 20 close-ups and answering his every e-mail (he mailed me about twice a day) then he threatened to sue because the guitar wasn't what he had hoped (which is sad, since it was a fuckin' amazing guitar at a damn good price)! So I told him to just call it off and stop bugging me and resold the damn thing for about the same price to a totally satisfied customer.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i run into crazies all the time mostly on AIM people talk to me and they seem cool at first then these dreaded words come out "hey do you wana cyber"

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i run into crazies all the time mostly on AIM people talk to me and they seem cool at first then these dreaded words come out "hey do you wana cyber"
    haha....

so....DO you wanna cyber?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

They're fun to toy with. I had to give up the habit tho. The truth tends to be scarier than fiction.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    Oh I know, nothing is scarier that crazy people that IM you all the time!! And a lot of times, they have NO reason to talk to you, and they just start to say weird things about their boyfriend and them being naked....

One girl kept IMing me and telling me that she was naked and her boyfriend started IMing me too saying that they were naked..This was when I was at WORK...

Or she would IM and say nothing. I mean, just NOTHING. I just don't get it... Why IM someone when you have nothing to say?

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

yeah, I know how that goes. I hate the ones that try to add you to their buddy list and get pissed when you say no.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

motherfucker, I did THAT lighting!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    motherfucker, I did THAT lighting!
    No you were passed out in the corner with some groupie who thought you were in the band...the lighting was done by that runaway we picked up who was on acid...

I think he's the lighting technician on that Jessica Simpson tour now.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    yeah, I know how that goes. I hate the ones that try to add you to their buddy list and get pissed when you say no.

so can i add you to my buddy list?

i'm an artist and I like to do take nude photographs and i thought....well...maybe you'd like to volunteer...?

Can I be your internet lover? I'll pretend to be Johnny Depp and
    we can have amazing cybersex

Maybe I should put his e-mail address on this board... Would that be too mean? It would be funny. You can all send him e-mails.... Maybe he could do your ligting...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

No you were passed out in the corner with some groupie who thought you were in the band...the lighting was done by that runaway we picked up who was on acid...

I think he's the lighting technician on that Jessica Simpson tour now.
    runaway on acid? oh, so it was someone else from this message board. hehe

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Whoa! Deja Vu, here. A galpal was interviewing/talking-to a drummer for a band she was starting and he was totally like that. This was over the phone though and the fellow was a creepy jerk. A scene can be nice for screening people out like that, but the Internet is kind of like mindsex without a condom, risky, you know. At least we have to power to just ignore folks with a computer and have such wonderful tools like email filters and what not.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Usually, I get really nice fans from The Nuns website, but once in a while, you get some really STRANGE people. This latest nut keeps emailing me saying that he did the "lighting" for the Genotorturers, and he wants me to hire him to go on tour with us, and then he starts to tell me about how he likes to have kinky sex, etc.

Then he says that he has this "friend" and they want me to sign some contract with them and they will sell Nuns things and make a website. Then when I asked him questions, he got all upset and hostile, and sent me all these long, angry ranting e-mails!

I mean, at first these people are kind of funny because it is SO ridiculous, but then when they get kind of hostile, you are really glad that they don't have your address or phone number!

I had this kind of thing happen when I work radio. I didn't think it would get that bad but man was I ever wrong. Some of the calls I would get were just strange in the John Wain Gacey kinda way. Going home was really weird after these calls. A person does not feel safe with this kind of shit. I know I sure as the black abyss didn't. I don't know if you've ever gone through the stalker thing but if you've havn't, be glad then.

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    I had this kind of thing happen when I work radio. I didn't think it would get that bad but man was I ever wrong. Some of the calls I would get were just strange in the John Wain Gacey kinda way. Going home was really weird after these calls. A person does not feel safe with this kind of shit. I know I sure as the black abyss didn't. I don't know if you've ever gone through the stalker thing but if you've havn't, be glad then.
    Wow, so someone found your address? How did they find it from working on a radio show? Pretty scary...

+ Reply to Thread