+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So How Real Are You?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default So How Real Are You?

In another thread God was dead...but what's more important, religious reality or an honest reality?

The online world gives us a fun little way to be as honest and candid as we like yet as completely unreal and false as we see fit. Some of us like a healthy mix of that while others go from one extreme to the other.

How real are you online?

For me, I'm selective about it but I come from a long line of scam artists who use information for personal gain. Now I no longer practice such a trade (or am I lying?) but it is tempting when people are so free about who they are, what they look like, personality traits, and even what they drive. It's not uncommon to take all that information and use it for something criminal or advantegous. Now it's tru a bit of morality and ethics come into all this...but does all that really exist online? Should it?

What's better to have a true image of a person you see and talk to online or the image they craft and give you to accept as true?

Default Re: So How Real Are You?

I talk like I write...or visa versa. I don't mind sharing things that are personal, as long as they aren't TOO personal (ie., credit card number! SS#! My full name and address!) But I don't mind sharing experiences and whatnot.

But we ninjas cannot be too careful.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I'm pretty open, if somebody asks me a question, I'll answer them. But like CW said, as long as it's not something like my credit card number or shit like that.

oh and my name's mike

I try to be very honest about my feelings and opinions, but I also try not to provide too much information which would lead crazies to my doorstep or have them approach me in the supermarket. No photos and no scans of my social security card for me online.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I am always striving to be myself on and off line. And im not too worried about some crazy approaching me (they would have to be really crazy to give that a shot) even though i dont make it a habit of giving out my personal important info. But as for petty personal info, im very open, you wanna know.. just ask, i can always tell you to go fuck yourself.

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

I am myself and true to myself either online or off...i am very straight up person....not much grey with me...its a love me or hate me....(most love lol)

I am fun,always up andsmiling but way real...I will call it like i see it and wont be afraid to say something to those who are fucking up...if it is involved in my life...i guess its just this....i dont care if someone likes me or not....I will live and be content either way....

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

im always myself even when it gets me into trouble i mean im good enough at putting on a different persona being an actor and whatnot but i just dont see a point considering that being fake has a tedency to bite you in the ass at some point of course the internet is defirent and im somtimes fake just to fuck with people but thats it

if you ask me a question about myself and it's one i'm prepared to answer at all you have roughly a 50/50 chance i'll lie through my teeth. but then, that's how i am in reality too, so...

On most boards i don't discuss my life out in The World much at all, half because i think people will be repulsed or offended by it, half because i simply don't think anyone will be interested - i'm deeply insecure about many, many things. again, i'll generally change the subject rather than talk about myself in reality.

And then sometimes, out of the blue, i say something totally honest. i have many friends and few confedants; sometimes it just seems to... leak.

What you read is what you get. You don't know if you haven't asked.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I'm pretty straightforward.

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

I guess when I first started screwin with the internet I thought it was kinda cool to have "alias'"- but that got old quick-
    now Im as true as life(or am I)-
    no matter where Im at I would rather have someone be mad at me for being brutally honest than have to sneek around and have the chance of them being mad or whatever for lieing!!!
    as I see it- theres really noone I should have to lie to except the police!!!

REALLY, to be honest my name is not actually Nautilus, it is Captain Cephalopod, commander of the Nematode army. I'm not really some science nerd stuck in Idaho--I am an intergalactic war lord, with stinging tentacles and knee deep in bitches.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i try hard but, i often come off as a bit more simple minded and,hell i don't know"stuipid", i'm a terrible typer and it always presents a problem with trying to put things into type,so i have to "simple them down" just so that i can type them............yea i know it's pretty sad.......

as far as what i manage to put into type it's all from the mind and heart of Dustin H*******and reflect upon my life and experiences thus far.............

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i try to be real but sometimes i like to be someone with a life.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i try hard but, i often come off as a bit more simple minded and,hell i don't know"stuipid", i'm a terrible typer and it always presents a problem with trying to put things into type,so i have to "simple them down" just so that i can type them............yea i know it's pretty sad.......

as far as what i manage to put into type it's all from the mind and heart of Dustin H*******and reflect upon my life and experiences thus far.............
    Hi Dustin.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Hi,kinda put my name there without thinking ....oops,haha, whatever.......

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

when keepin it real goes wrong...

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Hemingway started me, Cayce added a passage and Stan Lee finished me off in a two panel splay in Spider-Man. So, I'm nearly, almost, barely real.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Sometimes alittle more open than i should be.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

i lie often, usually just to amuse myself...its a bad habit and one i've been trying to break for years.....the problem is, you eventually cant tell whether you are lying anymore or just being yourself....it gets confusing...and you end up looking like a tool...

but i lie less online

I am Completely Real.**

+ Reply to Thread