+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is wrong with you? - come diagnose yourself!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What is wrong with you? - come diagnose yourself!

So sometimes the internet can calm health worries and sometimes it can fan the flames of hypochondria. A while ago, I found out that someone whose glass I had drunk from had herpes. I, of course, immediately decided that a place I had bitten my lip must be a lifelong STD infection. In this case, the internet was comforting as I was able to find numerous photos of oral lesions which demonstrated conclusively that the place I bit my lip many weeks after the potential exposure looked NOTHING like herpes.

Happily there is the internet Worst Case diagnosis quiz. Here is what I got:

You have Cerebral Malaria

How you get it: Parasite passed through mosquito bite, especially frequent in children.
    Incubation period: 7 days to 6 months
    Early symptoms: generalised body ache, tiredness, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, and fever
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Sudden onset of high swinging fever with marked shivering and dramatic perspiration
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: In this form, the malaria virus is able to pass from the bloodstream into the brain. As time passes and the parasite eats away at brain tissue, delirium, coma, and death are a certainty

There is nothing you can do now but wait for death to arrive and hope it comes quickly. Make your peace.

get your own internet diagnosis

What is wrong with you?

and your little dog too

Default Re: What is wrong with you? - come diagnose yourself!

You have Amoebic Meningoencephalitis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How you get it: Organism enters bloodstream through nasal passages while swimming, especially in stagnant, warm water. This amoeba has been found throughout the world.
    Incubation period: 1 to 3 days
    Early symptoms: Severe headache, fever
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Convulsions, lethargy, cognitive failure
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: After entering the bloodstream, this amoeba finds its way into the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal chord. Within a day or two, the brain and spinal fluid are overwhelmed by amoeba, causing meningitis, encephalitis, cognitive failure and convulsions. C*ma and brain death follow within 72 hours. There is no treatment.

There is nothing you can do now but wait for death to arrive and hope it comes quickly. Make your peace.

Also, I am filled with hate because I have to spell C*ma with a * because I do not have enough posts to list links yet.

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

You have Bubonic Plague

How you get it: Close contact with an infected host. Fleas, cats, rats and squirrels are the most common hosts.
    Incubation period: 2 to 6 days
    Early symptoms: Fever, Chills, Sore throat, Headache, Weakness, Malaise, Nausea, Diarrhea, Gastrointestinal distress, Cough, Bloody sputum, Shortness of breath, Stiff neck
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Gangrene and necrosis of areas such as the digits, penis. Bleeding from body openings, red circular lesions form on skin.
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: The rosy lesions. "bubos," that have gradually formed on the skin begin to necrotize, turning the skin black, especially in the extremities. Internal lesions become infectious pustules that seep into the bloodstream causing blood poisoning, or "septicemia," and eventually death.

Other possibilities: Kuru, Ebola, Rabies, Tetanus, Creutzfeldt-Jakob, SARS, West Nile, Necrotizing Fasciitis, Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis, Amoebic Meningoencephalitis, Cerebral Malaria, Pneumonic Plague, Bacteremia due to Burkholderia pseudomallei, or Bubonic Plague.

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

You have Creutzfeldt-Jakob

How you get it: Genetic; variant (Mad Cow) acquired by eating the brain or nervous tissue of an infected animal. Like Kuru, this is a prion disorder.
    Incubation period: 1 to 30 years
    Early symptoms: Confusion, involuntary muscle jerks, insomnia, impaired judgment, memory, and vision
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Loss of muscular coordination, slurred speech, severe mental impairment.
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Systematic loss of brain function over the course of a year within onset of symptoms. Inability to control muscles, blindness, cognitive failure, coma, death.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by DyingSunshine

How you get it: Genetic; variant (Mad Cow) acquired by eating the brain or nervous tissue of an infected animal. Like Kuru, this is a prion disorder.
    Early symptoms: Confusion, involuntary muscle jerks, insomnia, impaired judgment, memory, and vision
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Loss of muscular coordination, slurred speech, severe mental impairment.
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Systematic loss of brain function over the course of a year within onset of symptoms. Inability to control muscles, blindness, cognitive failure, coma, death.

Remind me not to eat at your place

Somewhere where I was unwanted and still am.

WTF?! No, I don't! I've actually already been diagnosed with a few disorders. I have a major depressive order, I'm bipolor, and I suspect I'm sczophrenic. The suspicion hasn't been confirmed but the voices inside my head tell me I am and they're usually right......
    ~Drusilla

rayvanfire's Avatar the dark and fallen one

ive got you all beat.... I HAVE RABIES!!!!!!!!!!!

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

"You have SARS
    How you get it: Contact with highly contagious airborne virus. Lock-down quarantine is common once a case is diagnosed.
    Incubation period: 2 to 7 days
    Early symptoms: Headache, chills, stiffness
    Symptoms at full disease onset: High fever, shortness of breath, dry cough.
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Those early breathing difficulties progress into pneumonia and, in the end, you'll slip into a coma and die rather abruptly of accute respiratory failure while your grief stricken family watches tearfully from outside your plastic bubble."

ha. ha. ha... hack!

Jozie's Avatar Senior Member

You have Tetanus

How you get it: Bacteria enters body via puncture wound
    Incubation period: 3 to 21 days
    Early symptoms: Soreness in neck and jaw, heart rate fluctuations, low grade fever
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Lockjaw, muscular spasms, sweating, utter fatigue from muscular contractions
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Severe muscular contractions cause the spinal column to twist and curve, eventually bending and snapping bones in the arms and legs. Death is caused by respiratory failure. Have you had your shots?

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

RABIES! YES! If anyone's interested I'll be foaming at the mouth and biting all week! Try the veal it's excellent.

DescendingAngel's Avatar Member

I have the West Nile Virus

How you get it: Mosquito bite, organ transplant
    Incubation period: 3 to 15 days
    Early symptoms: Headache, irritability, fatigue, rash
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Confusion, swelling of the brain, tremors and weakness
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Encephalitis and meningitis are the most deadly features of this malady. Brain swelling causes convulsions and cognitive failure. Swelling of other nervous tissues cause muscular degeneration and severe pain. Either way, the outcome is coma and eventual death.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Mad cow disease lol

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Bubonic Plague
    How you get it: Close contact with an infected host. Fleas, cats, rats and squirrels are the most common hosts.
    Incubation period: 2 to 6 days
    Early symptoms: Fever, Chills, Sore throat, Headache, Weakness, Malaise, Nausea, Diarrhea, Gastrointestinal distress, Cough, Bloody sputum, Shortness of breath, Stiff neck
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Gangrene and necrosis of areas such as the digits, penis. Bleeding from body openings, red circular lesions form on skin.
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: The rosy lesions. "bubos," that have gradually formed on the skin begin to necrotize, turning the skin black, especially in the extremities. Internal lesions become infectious pustules that seep into the bloodstream causing blood poisoning, or "septicemia," and eventually death.

Last edited by suicidal_tendencies; 03-01-2006 at 12:09 PM. Reason: duh

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

I was born a Diabetic, but I am fatally allergic to all forms of insulin. My body views insulin as a fareign body, and attacks it, this it can cause my demise. Think of it like someone who has lupus and the body attacks the blood.

I manage it as best I can with diet and exercise, but I am in constant pain.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

You have West Nile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symptoms at full disease onset: Confusion, swelling of the brain, tremors and weakness
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Encephalitis and meningitis are the most deadly features of this malady. Brain swelling causes convulsions and cognitive failure. Swelling of other nervous tissues cause muscular degeneration and severe pain. Either way, the outcome is coma and eventual death.

I'm kind of disappointed I wanted Ebola. Then I would cough on people and laugh.

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

You have Ebola

How you get it: Contact with infected person or other carrier. Due to the quick and destructive power of ebola, it's believed that there is a yet undiscovered ebola resistant carrier animal that is responsible for the occasional outbreaks.
    Incubation period: 3 weeks
    Early symptoms: headache, weakness, and muscle aches
    Symptoms at full disease onset: vomiting, abdominal maladies, throat and eye inflammation, bleeding from body openings
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Destruction of internal tissues through rapid viral replication, blood loses the ability to clot and you die from extreme internal hemorrhaging. To the outside world, it looks as though your insides have liquified and are pouring out your various holes.

HA... see honey,
    I got it...when you
    get home, I've give
    it to you.

Twice, even

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ohhhh im so jealous, hempknight got ebola... thats been my favorite virus for years!!
    lets see what i end up with hmmmm *takes quiz*

How you get it: Contact between bacteria and abrasion or laceration in the skin
    Incubation period: 24 hours
    Early symptoms: Redness around skin abrasion, deep tissue soreness, diarrhea, nausea, fever, confusion, dizziness, weakness, and general malaise
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Black blisters form in the skin and spread quickly. Within hours the blisters begin to appear on other parts of the body and eventually burst and ooze black fluid.
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Rapid degeneration of the body under the effects of the toxins released by the bacteria, causing severe nausea, deep tissue pain, unconsciousness, death.

OH NOES!!!... yucky...

ok this scares me...ive been here for a while and i keep seeing 2 people a lot that seem simialar..guess who one of them are...heres a hint ^_^

i have Necrotizing Fasciitis
    How you get it: Contact between bacteria and abrasion or laceration in the skin
    Incubation period: 24 hours
    Early symptoms: Redness around skin abrasion, deep tissue soreness, diarrhea, nausea, fever, confusion, dizziness, weakness, and general malaise
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Black blisters form in the skin and spread quickly. Within hours the blisters begin to appear on other parts of the body and eventually burst and ooze black fluid.
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Rapid degeneration of the body under the effects of the toxins released by the bacteria, causing severe nausea, deep tissue pain, unconsciousness, death.

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

You have Kuru

How you get it: Contact with infected human brains, usually as part of the canibalistic funeral ritual of the Fore tribe in New Guinea or as a doctor treating someone with kuru.
    Early symptoms: Unsteady gait,slurred speech, marked feelings of indifference
    Symptoms at full disease onset: Tremors, total loss of muscular control
    Final outcome of this horrible disease: Incapacitation, coma, death within a year of onset

When I die, as part of my funeral ritual, you all must consume a spoonful of my brains. That way I know that I, as well as my horrible disease, live on.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

pneumonic plague............. damn and all this time I thought it was the cigs doing me in.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Wow. Me and NudeMuse and Descending Angel have West Nile...
    Let's say we have a party before we both die and our brains swell up?

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

Bubonic Plague..........I guess it's true when they say "History repeats itself".

poison's Avatar Senior Member

ebola is a popular one! its my diagnosis too.

+ Reply to Thread