+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea- ??

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

Default Idea- ??

The "who here is in a band thread", along with an article I read on Dave Grohl and his PROBOT project, gave me a kinda crazy idea, and I thought I'd run it through the board to see if anyone else thought it was possible- realizing we have a lot of musically inclined people here I wondered if anyone, or everyone, would care to try a sort of long distance/nationwide collaboration- a blueblood musical exquisite corpse if you will-
    it might require some exchange of addresses, which for the females here I realize might be out of the question- but I have no objection to giving out an address(if someone wants to stalk me they'll have to get through 2 rottweillers, a german shepard, a whole flock of venemous chickens and ducks before dealing with me and some flailing escrima sticks and kung-fu)- if things can be sent on a cd, wave or aiff, I can arrange them, or Im sure others have the capabilities as well-
    is this just too big?-
    too silly?-
    too anything?-
    too many cooks spoil the stew kinda thing?
    thoughts-
    ideas-
    anyone interested?
    I know there'd be more details to work out but I had the idea and thought I'd throw it out there-

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: Idea- ??

I certainly have no opposition to giving out an address myself. but as far as sending out any of my music, i have no way of recording it short of sitting in front of a tape player (remember those). the idea is one i like , I'll put some thought of booking some studio time being a possibility though. lets ee what other thought on the subject are.

kshearsedriver's Avatar resident nut

hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting, I think most of us could cut directley to digital transfer via web, those still using other methods (previous mentioned tape, hell yeah I remember those) could just send em to whoever decides to do master cuts and mixing. Then redistribute to other members via mp3 for ideas and gripes/complaints. Then poll said ideas/gripes remix and redistribute again. The logistics may actually be the easy part. Trying to get everyone to agree on a general direction and sound............ummmmmmmmmmm probably not so easy. But all being said, sure I'm game. Just have to knock the dust and rust of the equip. Kids take so much time out of your life, haven't played actively since my oldest daughter was born......and she's 4 1/2.

or may be easiest to just set up a web page where most could download existing files and post ideas either by text or audio file and bounce shit back and forth.

Need a clarinet player? Ha ha ha

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Quote Originally Posted by kshearsedriver
    hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting, I think most of us could cut directley to digital transfer via web, those still using other methods (previous mentioned tape, hell yeah I remember those) could just send em to whoever decides to do master cuts and mixing. Then redistribute to other members via mp3 for ideas and gripes/complaints. Then poll said ideas/gripes remix and redistribute again. The logistics may actually be the easy part. Trying to get everyone to agree on a general direction and sound............ummmmmmmmmmm probably not so easy. But all being said, sure I'm game. Just have to knock the dust and rust of the equip. Kids take so much time out of your life, haven't played actively since my oldest daughter was born......and she's 4 1/2.
    A web forum would be best for that for people to exchange stuff easier.

[QUOTE=kshearsedriver]............ummmmmmmmmmm probably not so easy. QUOTE]
    yeah- but in any collaboration there'd have to be some compromises- the poll things a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    Need a clarinet player? Ha ha ha
    hell yeah- why not!!! just a clarinet or do you have one of those midi-wind-instruments?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i'm in, we've been doing less shows than usual,so if we can get some studio money,than hell,yea.......

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

id love that thatd be badass

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

sounds good and in this technological world could definately work, pm me if u need any guitar work

could call the thing " the blue blood opera project soundtrack" and have the lovely ladies that Amelia and Forrest are always taking pictures of pose for group shot for the cover. Would be worth it just to get a copy of the cover shot

Quote Originally Posted by kshearsedriver
    could call the thing " the blue blood opera project soundtrack" and have the lovely ladies that Amelia and Forrest are always taking pictures of pose for group shot for the cover. Would be worth it just to get a copy of the cover shot
    exactly-
    but I was thinkin more along the lines of The Blue Blood Collective(BBC) - any other ideas people?

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

I sort aplay Violen, I could toss down some tracks as far as that is concerned, given a little time. I sing allready, can emulate most styles and have a pretty decent range. IM, PM, E-Mail me if you need any help as far as thats concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    I sort aplay Violen, I could toss down some tracks as far as that is concerned, given a little time. I sing allready, can emulate most styles and have a pretty decent range. IM, PM, E-Mail me if you need any help as far as thats concerned.
    C'mon- violin just sceeeeams goth!!!! hell yeah-
    will PM you later-

Haha. Yeah, it's impossible to get lessons here, so I sorta develope my own style whenever possible... odd things have come out of it.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

since i have no musical talent can i be a roadie? its my dream job

Yeah you can, but youll get all the toss-off groupie action, and some times I really dont think thats fair.

+ Reply to Thread