+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rarr

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Default Rarr

Umm yeah. I am going to, I guess move to chicago by foot(from NH) so if anyone wants to help, comment here as to how and when.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Rarr

you're going to move all your shit on foot? or are you just taking yourself?

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

plane tickets to chicago are some of the cheapest ones in the states.......... you should look into that.

Bedlamite

That's a long walk...unless you have nothing much more than a backpack. Its also going to be a tough trek through New England this time of year...meh...I'd move back to Portsmouth NH if I didn't have other things to do!

Thing is; I dont even have 200 dollars. And yeah, I only own about a suitcase and a backpack full of stuff, if I carry my computer in components and ditch the case and monitor.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Be careful, there are a lot of robots along that route.

You'd be easy prey for one of their ambushes.

As I said before, Im not really worried about actually being attacked by robots for quite some time. But thanks for the insight.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

what i'd reccomend is finding a mall or shopping center or basically anywhere that has a water fountain... good place to get free money! you won't find more than a couple bucks but it will suit your purposes. then go to your local library or if you have like an anarchist bookstore or inforshop or basically anyone who is in the 'underground' that'd be a good place to go, but your best bet would probibly be the library. do a little homework on trains. you'll probibly be able to find maps of the train routes and which track goes where. use the change to print out copies of what you need, they'll probibly have printers. I wouldn't recomend stealing the book, because other people like you will need it. then it's just a matter of finding a train yard or if you're really sure, then you can find just the track you want, or if you're more adventurous and don't have a time limit, just choose a track that's going in the general direction of where you want to go. at the train yard you'll have to kind of sneak in and then climb into a box car for the train you want. if you don't want to try and do that then wait on the tracks about a quarter to a half mile down from the train yard- trains only go about 30 mph tops and it takes them about a mile to reach full speed, so when it comes to you it should be going pretty slow. hide in the bushes so the conducter doesn't see you and wait till the train passes, as soon as it does, run behind it and grab the back ladder and pull yourself up. then you can climb on the sides or the roofs to find a car or platform or other suitable spot to where you have some shelter or at least a place to sit down. viola! there ya go. free easy transporation!

Ps. you should probbily wait till the train stops before you get off, even if it means you'll have to do some backtracking. it's not really a good idea to bail out of a moving vehicle unless you really have to, and if you do then try to make it for a grassy spot or soft landing.

I know how to be a vagabond, but thanks. Thats actually a bit of pretty good information. I was just hoping to receive aid in some form along the way, if anyone lived on the path. Its not a big deal, as Its still a maybe.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    I was just hoping to receive aid in some form along the way, if anyone lived on the path.
    set up a website where you threaten to kill and eat a cute bunny rabbit unless you get a certain amount of money by a certain date.

i'd like to help, but i don't even know where NH is. my first thought was "c:\program files\nethack\NH\"

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

damn,i'd help if i could,i have a freind in VT bt i haven't talked to him an a while.......

i've let many people from car clubs stay at my place,we often will do that on long trips,that is ,stay at each others place for a roof and maybe some coffee,for the night............

great way to get around the nation.......

+ Reply to Thread