+ Reply to Thread

Thread: on: who invented vampires

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Default Re: on: who invented vampires

Haha, I love penny arcade.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

White Wolf has been total pricks about their lil universe...and the main problem for it being uterlly wasted. Nothing they created was original...nearly all of it was basicly "The Vampire and Werewolf version of...". That's it. The whole vampire council thing? It's called the Mob...that's how they work and that's how they are run. Putting fangs on the characters does not earn you credit for originality. It was great...but everything was a spin on established and well known ideas or conventions.

It was well done and highly polished but when they started accusing people of stealing their ideas it was silly...more so with the Underworld issue...Underworld was fun and enjoyable and more importantly...was on the fucking screen. Where was all the White Wolf stuff? Oh that's right they focused on video games...a whole 2 of them. Why not pitch a script to a studio based on these ideas? Instead others did it for them and Blade was the first to hit the screen.

They took themselves out of the game so to speak...they never did what they should have done and established their product as a viable bases for films. They focused far too much on trying to keep alive the RPG scene and their ever growing product line...no where are they?

Nowhere. A shell of what they use to be and what they were known for. Sure they are a big name in their industry...but they pretty much killed off any growth they could have had in Hollywood...they did the grand fuck up D&D did.

Sad really...

Oh wait...they DID do that cheesy as hell TV Show Kindred: The Embraced. Hmmm maybe it's better they just stick to RPG games.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

............... I have yet to buy any of the new WOD stuff, no real plans to do that either.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

My friend did a rewrite of the werewolf system, it came out really well... It eliminates many of the really shitty aspects of werewolf. If you want a copy, PM me.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

thats cute

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

too funny- thinking they created vamps + wolfs is like someone thinking they came up witht the idea of gods-
    well
    almost-

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Im still pissed they didnt make Anne Rice look like more of a 01100011 01110101 01101110 01110100...
    But ya know, you win some, you lose some.

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

I just laughed.

+ Reply to Thread