+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So who besides me gets email bombed from time to time?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default So who besides me gets email bombed from time to time?

So who besides me gets email bombed from time to time? I thought this sort of this went out of style in 1999 or so, but I am in Hollywood and we are a little ahead of the curve.

Default Re: So who besides me gets email bombed from time to time?

I lost at least 3 Yahoo Acounts that way, as well as Viruses and Identity theft, etc.

It was more than a coincidence that they each after I used the account at the college I used to goto (Glad to be out of that place!).

In my opinion, they probably used KeyStroke Loggers ,etc to steal the stuff.
    since I got rid of almost all traces of my personal info from those comps.

I was proven correct later on, that they had used them, when the college got off their arses to check it out , after tons of people lost ID's.

I still dont have those accounts back though, and lost money and addresses due to those stupid hackers!

On a side note: It was on the news that most hackers on Earth are located in Boca Raton, Florida...

I think the old Soviet Union countries are supposed to have more hackers. But I don't really think of email box bombing as exactly hacking.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    So who besides me gets email bombed from time to time? I thought this sort of this went out of style in 1999 or so, but I am in Hollywood and we are a little ahead of the curve.
    That still happens? I haven't had that happen to me for years...anyone you know mad at you lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    That still happens? I haven't had that happen to me for years...anyone you know mad at you lately?
    Usually, recent events combined with which boxes get bombed makes it totally obvious who is doing it, but it is usually done in a pretty sophisticated way. Only right now, a few of our boxes have been getting bombed in a much more amateurish way. Trying to figure out if the new mailbombs are the same people or perhaps something less personal or different people. So was wondering how many folks are experiencing this at the moment. I do have a theory, but not enough data to have it proved to me yet.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

This one guy did that to me over a 'disagreement' we had on deviantART.com
    He made some rather rude comments onsomeof the modelling pictures I posted and labelled the whole 'goth scene' as angsty trash
    'Filled with gimps and wannabe Vampires.'

I politely told him how inaccurate that statement was and he flooded my page and then bombed my inbox. (Funny story the boy was an administrator on that community.)

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    This one guy did that to me over a 'disagreement' we had on deviantART.com
    He made some rather rude comments onsomeof the modelling pictures I posted and labelled the whole 'goth scene' as angsty trash
    'Filled with gimps and wannabe Vampires.'
    Odd thing for a fella to say on THAT website...talk about throwing rocks in glass houses.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

Im not even sure exactly what an e-mail bomb is, Im still relatively new to computers.

+ Reply to Thread