+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anti smoking organizatios

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default anti smoking organizatios

anyone else here tired of theese people? I mean it seems to me that they are just a bunch of yuppies trying to impose their will on everybody. If they dont want want to smoke thats their choice but i dont think they have any right to tell other people not too what do you guys think?

Default Re: anti smoking organizatios

i'm not part of any anti smoking organizations, but i do work in a bar. it's low ceilinged and badly ventelated, so i have to breathe in the filthy smog you belch out constantly, i have to sweep up the piles of ash you smear over every surface, i have to slear up the mountains of butts and empty packets you drop... I must passive-smoke 1/5 of every cig smoked in that place and that pisses me off.

I'm at the stage where i assume smoker=inconsiderate fuckhead until proven otherwise, and i get angry when they argue about their 'rights'. As far as i'm concerned, a smoker is an addict and gets treated like any other addict: by all means do what you want in your own time and on your own turf, but keep it the fuck away from me.

i little more raw than i would normally post, but i'm tired.

Eh, I don' think the anti-smoking campaign really works that well but the price of the damn things is enough to keep me and most people I know at bay. Of course, I stopped drinking soda not long ago too thanks to steep prices--that stuff'll kill you too. It's true though: if people would take better care of themselves by not smoking and overeating so much the cost of health care would be more reasonable, we wouldn't be spending so much on conditions that could have been prevented in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Azekiel
    i'm not part of any anti smoking organizations, but i do work in a bar. it's low ceilinged and badly ventelated, so i have to breathe in the filthy smog you belch out constantly, i have to sweep up the piles of ash you smear over every surface, i have to slear up the mountains of butts and empty packets you drop... I must passive-smoke 1/5 of every cig smoked in that place and that pisses me off.

I'm at the stage where i assume smoker=inconsiderate fuckhead until proven otherwise, and i get angry when they argue about their 'rights'. As far as i'm concerned, a smoker is an addict and gets treated like any other addict: by all means do what you want in your own time and on your own turf, but keep it the fuck away from me.

i little more raw than i would normally post, but i'm tired.

Well id say it comes with the territory if you work in a bar i mean werent you expecting that when you got the job? I mean i smoke but if im at dinner or in someones car i always ask the permission of people around me i wouldnt do that in a bar though cause nobody cares and if you care that much maybe you shouldnt work in a bar

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I've really had it with those truth.com assholes. I'm about ready to send them smokes or have a massive SMOKERS UNITE ralley outside their main offices to 2nd hand smoke those fuckers into oblivion.

Let me smoke, let me get the cancer, and let ME DIE...why are they trying to get everyone to live into old age?

IT SUCKS. It's like being a baby again without the cool stuff.

My biggest beef against the anti cigarette groups is they seldom look at why people smoke. Not because the tobacco companies are evil, or because it makes them cool. People smoke because it is a super efficient delivery system for a powerful intoxicant. Given that, telling us how bad and evil the taboacco companies are won't help things, it is masturbation at the expense of smokers.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

the issue isn't whether smoking is bad for you. we all know that. the issue is that smoking companies know and have known for years that there products kill people and that they intentionally try to addict people to them. thier business is murder and they sweep it under the rug and get away with it. the goal is to get the tobacco industry to admit what they are doing Ie: To tell the TRUTH. After that you can go ahead and do whatever you want to, if you want to smoke knowing full well what it is about, then you have no one to blame but yourself. until then they are going to blame Big Tobbaco for it.

I think everybody in the country knows smoking is bad for them so they make choices based on that knowledge it just seems to my that anti-smoking lobbyists are a bunch of yuppies trying to impose thier will on others

+ Reply to Thread