+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any tonsilectomy advice for me?

Default Any tonsilectomy advice for me?

I'm having my tonsils removed on the 13th of April. I have had chronic problems wih my throat and tonsils my whole life so I have finally decided to have them chopped. From what I have heard though, healing and pain get worse as you get older.

Has anyone has theirs out? Any advice or warnings for me?

Default Re: Any tonsilectomy advice for me?

I almost had to have mine out, but then I cut down on the cocaine and made sure to drink warm water with honey in it before going to bed on nights I had a lot.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by missbunny
    I'm having my tonsils removed on the 13th of April. I have had chronic problems wih my throat and tonsils my whole life so I have finally decided to have them chopped. From what I have heard though, healing and pain get worse as you get older.

Has anyone has theirs out? Any advice or warnings for me?

Just make sure they give you TONS of pain pills, and take them as needed. I think you should get them taken out if they are causing a problem. It can't hurt worse than all the horrible surgeries I have had!! Just take those pain pills and you will be fine! But get them out!

thanks
    I'm actually looking forward to a mouth uncluttered by permanently enlarged glands. bleh!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I don't think it will be so bad... It's not really major surgery. Just minor pain. pain pills should do the trick.

Icre Cream and Honey , and Seltzer might be good for after the surgery.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Take vitamin C in large doses right bofore and following the procedure, to promote healing.

Morgue1313's Avatar Senior Member

They tell you to stay away from ice cream and other dairy as they do something to the mucus you need to heal...I dont remember exactly.

I have mine out when I was 14, older than most. It was HELL!! They said I would be mostly healed in 7-10 days. I was spitting into a bucket for 2 months. I couldnt swallow in order to get pain meds down, which they will most likely give you a liquid, no pills. So I couldnt swallow to get fluids, I got dehydrated twice and had to go to the ER for IVs. It was horrible. And even when I thought I was doing better I would move and get very naseaus and disorientated.

When I had to have them out, I was so bad that they were turning black still inside my mouth. I had always had reoccuring tonsilitous, but they refused to take them out when I was young. God/dess, I wish they had.

I sure hope yours goes better than mine!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Can't say I have much advice on only that I hope it goes as smooth as possible with the least amount of pain. Why the long wait to have em chopped anyhow?

kshearsedriver's Avatar resident nut

I had mine yanked when I was 12 or 13 don't remember for sure. It went smooth but solid food was not allowed for awhile. I couldn't wait for a big greasy double cheesburger. Good luck and don't plan much for a week or so afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread