+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More trouble for Goth kids?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: More trouble for Goth kids?

I do blame the social and educational context these kids are growing up in. Ultimately, tho, I think these losers just need to be identified and taken care of. We are past the point of realistically changing the negative influences.

OEC

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

these losers need to be indentified and taken care of?

that sounds kind of like nazi thinking to me.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    these losers need to be indentified and taken care of?

that sounds kind of like nazi thinking to me.
    No. I'd just rather take measures to avoid school shootings. Those kids obviously need help. Having said that, mention of nazis pretty much ends conversation on my end.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

well I guess if someone is saying that hitler is really cool and like serious about it, then maybe that person should be psychologically evaluated, but that doesn't really have anything to do with being goth or whatever.
    Why? I'm not a fan of Hitler myself but It's not uncommon to hear perfectly sane and smart people go on and on about how Castro and Stalin are their heroes. Both have killed, imprisoned, and out right murdered...set up death camps in some form...yet they are still idolozed. Castro is loved on far too many college campuses by the kind of people that in Cuba are put in prison or harrassed by police into silence.

People make heroes out of villans all the time...and the other way around. I've run into many who seel MLK as nothing special and any who advocate peace as a loser. So really what can be done to even stop such thinking? Plus should it be stopped? Wouldn't that make things worse in the long run...

Look at Europe and their anti-swastika laws...banning something only makes it more desirable and powerful...same with forcing a person not to hero worship a certain person.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

the reason we send kids to school is to learn how do deal with problems the world throws at them, the kids should take it more seriously , I suppose I'd better stop now

well obviously anyone who beleives in extermination of an entire people probibly has something wrong with them. I'm not saying that you can't look at hitler or any historical figure objectively and admire his ability as a tactician, but if you buy into his idealogy, then yeah, you're fucked up.

Bedlamite

Perhaps its repeditive...but....Here goes....

An FBI study of 18 school shootings, released in 2000, provided a profile of a likely assailant.

Those involved shared 28 personal characteristics, six family traits, seven school attributes and five social leanings, including tendencies to boast and threaten, depression, intolerance, lack of self-esteem and empathy, lack of intimacy at home and excessive use of video games and violent films.
    That sounds like a dangerous profile!!! See, it wasn't just the goth rock!

Some clues are emerging. Weise had been in hospital at least once for suicidal tendencies and was taking an anti-depressant, Prozac, according to a cultural coordinator at Red Lake middle school quoted in the Washington Post.
    Prozac again. Althought its easier to blame than neglect and being harassed daily.

I guess I don't know how to feel about the whole thing. I was picked on in school, felt miserable and outcast, had some very unpopular opinions about history and life that made even many teachers dislike me. However, I didn't admire Hitler. Is that the only difference? I often wonder....

And finally, the link to the young man's web journal.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/weise/

Wickedanima, did you get the URL for his LJ from a report or did you happen to find it?
    Just curious.

well obviously anyone who beleives in extermination of an entire people probibly has something wrong with them. I'm not saying that you can't look at hitler or any historical figure objectively and admire his ability as a tactician, but if you buy into his idealogy, then yeah, you're fucked up.

Aside from his beliefs, Hitler really was an awesome artist. **

"excessive use of video games and violent films. "

If he was there doing that, he wasnt out killing people in real life. **

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Aside from his beliefs, Hitler was Awesome as an artist.
    No he wasen't...his work was mediocre at best. Couldn't get into art school as a result. The only reason his surviving paintings even sell is due to his name...but on technical levels they are lacking...and on creative levels they are rather dull and uninteresting. Street artists painting for food have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    No he wasen't...his work was mediocre at best. Couldn't get into art school as a result. The only reason his surviving paintings even sell is due to his name...but on technical levels they are lacking...and on creative levels they are rather dull and uninteresting. Street artists painting for food have done better.
    I might have been confused though, as they were showing different examples of his work in the photos on the display, and the stuff was poorly labled. did he do a realistic seeming type of brick house with glass windows, and a horse drawn carriage going down a street shaped like an S, with cobblestones on it? **

The media should consider the he was from a reservation, I don't know if the Red Lake reservation is anything like ours here. But that could have alot to do w/ it. I'm from the Rosebud Sioux Reservation, and there is alot of crime proverty, and hopelessness. It's was so depressing I moved to a hick town to get away. Now the neo nazi shit, I don't understand, maybe the gore of it... I don't know. Being part native, it would be unimaginable to look up to Hitler, and any of those white fucks who think their better than everyone else. Sorry I'm not racist, but I don't like the whole neo nazi shit.

Side note: at our college, they are doing some holocaust tribute until April. :P **

yeah fucking hitler man.. I heard he was the bomb at Unreal Tournament. that's why he killed all thsoe people. god damn video games.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I'm not even gonna.. touch this. lol

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    I'm not even gonna.. touch this. lol
    Im inclined to agree....just a bored kid...who was living in a fantasy land...we all know hitler wouldnt of accepted a native american...so why bother to follow some shit like that?

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    Im inclined to agree....just a bored kid...who was living in a fantasy land...we all know hitler wouldnt of accepted a native american...so why bother to follow some shit like that?
    Kinda like gays/lesbians wanting a religious wedding ceremony.
    Why be married in a house for a God who wouldst SMITE thee, I wonder?

Meh both sell papers.

umm because they want to be able to list each other as a spouse/co-dependant on thier houshould taxes and have to give up less money to the IRS?

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Wickedanima, did you get the URL for his LJ from a report or did you happen to find it?
    Just curious.
    I read about it in a report on his hometown newspaper's website, then out of a really morbid compulsion, I ploped the name (according to said article) into google. That was the LiveJournal that I got....

Is it a hoax? Who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by SourGirl
    The media should consider the he was from a reservation, I don't know if the Red Lake reservation is anything like ours here. But that could have alot to do w/ it. I'm from the Rosebud Sioux Reservation, and there is alot of crime proverty, and hopelessness. It's was so depressing I moved to a hick town to get away.
    Yes, but you have to realise that the utter poverty and sordid history of Reservations isn't too popular, it never really has been. I don't know anything about Red Lake, but I agree, if its anything like Rosebud or Pineridge (I haven't personally been to either, but have had several friends that have...) Then I do wish that would be considered....

oh but it won't be, he being goth is a good reason as far as the media is concerned, the outside world doesnt want to know how it is on the rez, but then again... how is it any different from urban city??

Quote Originally Posted by Skavian
    Jock punk skateboarders have been around for a long time. Punks range from thoughtful individuals to meatheads really, so I am not surprised that they would be beating on "goths." In a lot of ways, that may also have to do with the resemblance Goths have to New Wavers. Same old game, new name.
    An old post but I figured I would respond, all the same... It just never occurred to me that jocks and punks/skateboarders were even close to being the same animal... I've clearly been out of high school for too long

umm because they want to be able to list each other as a spouse/co-dependant on thier houshould taxes and have to give up less money to the IRS?
    You can do that with a civil service. why bother god about it?

So it's... about money? not love? or gender?

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Generally when these things happen, the parents that they interview. There's always one genius who says something like "this stuff only happens in New York and Chicago, I didn't expect this to happen here" Being from Chicago, there was never a shooting at my school that I know of. It always has to be the school full of ignorami that gets shot up. Every school shooting that I've heard about has always been for the stupidest fucking reasons. Like the kid in Arkansas who got turned down by a girl so he pulled a fire alarm and picked people off from a hill when they came out. What these kids fail to realize is that the fuckers who made fun of them in High School end up turning out worse than the kid getting made fun of. I was made fun of all the time, and I'm working on 2 degrees while maybe 1/4 of the kids I graduated with even went to college. The rest are still living with or near their parents and have accomplished Jack Shit.
    Last edited by hewhoisagod; 03-28-2005 at 03:57 PM. Reason: messed up

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    So it's... about money? not love? or gender?
    Money, security, fairness, health, family, etc...all the things straight couples get without question...both the legal rights and the financial ones.

Marriage has and always will be more than just about love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Money, security, fairness, health, family, etc...all the things straight couples get without question...both the legal rights and the financial ones.

Marriage has and always will be more than just about love.
    I'm not disagreeing with you entirely. My point was somehow.. lost in translation a WHILE back methinks.

+ Reply to Thread