+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hair color help needed

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Default Hair color help needed

My lovely assistant and wonderful friend is in deserving need of some advice, and I was thinking that the knowledgable people here could give us a hand.
    Basically she wants to dye her hair black. VERY dark black. She also wants it to last for as long as possible without fading. Any input you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Hair color help needed

What color does she have naturally? I have a kind of auburn naturally, which makes it easier for my hair to go dark pretty quickly and stay in for quite a while. If she's wanting blue-black or raven-black, then she might want to get it professionally done. If she doesn't, it might take a couple dyes (and alot of time), to get what you want.

Her hair is naturally almost black... a dark brown. She wants it REALLY black. If there's anything she can do to keep it darker longer, any input would be rewarded with high fives or me sparing your coastal settlement.

HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm. Seeing as how I don't live on the coast, your threat is empty!

But anyway. Like I said, getting it proffessionally done (despite typos) will pretty much insure that it'll stay in as long as it needs to. the only color you'll probably see coming back is when her hair grows out. Also, to make sure that the color stays in a while, get the color-safe shampoos. Those are gentle enough on the color but good enough to clean.

She shouldn't have too much to worry about, since her hair is almost black anyway. It's always easier to go darker once you're almost already there.

Indeed. Thank you verily. I was just wondering if there wass some ultra goth secret to maintaining black-as-new hair. Or some suppliment to put in it regularly to keep it dark.
    Input has been greatly loved, I give you *high five* and *spares your city*

Oh, gee, many thanks. I think me being here would've made it harder to destroy, being the ninja that I am. ;P

Bedlamite

Tell her about Clairol. Both times I've used a Clairol dye of any sort Its stayed without any washing out, and it stays black black. Inky. Now if she wants a really pretty blue black, Feria comes out very cool, and I've heard good things about Garnier. Those two wash out within about three weeks or so, tho. The third option, for varieties of black you can't find generally in the us (such as red black, and purple black) There is an austrailan site that sells an awsome haircolor brand called Schwartzkopf Live.

www.pharmacyonline.com.au

Mother Superior

Since her hair is already dark, going black shouldn't be a problem. There is a color known as "blue black", named so because it's so black it appears blue. Maybe she would like something like that? I would get it professionally done If I were her. After she gets it dyed she can use a shampoo by Aveda called Black Malva, it keeps your hair dark for a long time in between dyes. She will need some rubber gloves when she washes her hair though, it can stain your hands badly.

http://www.aveda.com/templates/produ...CT_ID=PROD5797

Thank you all very much, this is just what I was looking for.

yep, clairol is THE BEST hair dye to use and doesnt come out. use intensive conditioner after using the dye cos otherwise your hair just frizzes up everywhere.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

There was a great thread on this subject a while back...wonder if can be found...it's a bit old though but the advice in it was great.

+ Reply to Thread