+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for clothing?

Default Suggestions for clothing?

Might anyone on this board know of clothing companies and stores that lend items for promo photo shoots?
    I have a lot of photoshoots in the works but I can't really afford anything wardrobe-wise, other than thrift store finds.
    In the past, I was able to borrow things here and there from folks who could use the photos or the publicity.
    If anyone has any suggestions along those lines (especially places in MD/DC/Philly, but anywhere is good!), send them my way...
    all other ideas are welcome as well!

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Default Re: Suggestions for clothing?

not sure how it might work for photo shoots but back when i worked at hot topic i convinced my store and district manager to lend some clothes for my senior year fashion show (thank god the other clothes were so preppy and/or lame i needed some alt style in there some how) it actually turned out to be a major hit in the show too.

customising/sewing is a good option and has alway worked to me. cheap sales work aswell but take time and effort.

If you need something customized or sewn. My wife does alot of alterations on designer clothes. She is very talented at it and would do it for cheap, perhaps even free if she can use a before/after photo of the garmet for her portfolio.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Not to be too much of an ass, but I always say, It's not what you wear, but the way that you wear it". A smart/creative person can make a $1.19 burlap sack look slick. How do you think all these resale/vintage shops stay in business.

+ Reply to Thread