+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are proper roles for women?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What are proper roles for women?

It seems to me that the internet would be the perfect place to be color-blind and gender-blind, but the first thing most people seem to want to know online is whether the person they are talking to is really female. More and more women online are defining themselves as models. Even women who do not exactly do sit-ups every day are being reduced to token figureheads for organizations which want to pretend to be woman-friendly.

What types of positions should women hold in organizations both social and business-oriented? Do you feel that what you think should be the case is becoming more or less the case in actuality?

Default Re: What are proper roles for women?

I think that Women should have Equal rights to Men, even though Women are Obviously Superior.

How are women obviously superior?

Whether or not women are superior, what roles should they have in organizations?

The same roles that a man could supposedly aspire to?**

internet make it just worse for women... I think... there is much more of discrimination that I'm not friend with... ability to say your opinion on internet and stay anonime is bad, but in some ways is good because you realise what kind of people you are dealing with in your life.... I'm not feminist but I dislike whole picture of women in human society (well, I'm raised by mom since my father died long ago, I guess that's why my opinion is quiet diferent that most of males on earth)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I think that Women should have Equal rights to Men, even though Women are Obviously Superior.

every women is superior to a horny young man

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    every women is superior to a horny young man

And to men in general.

And to men in general.

In general yes... but I'm proff that's not always like that.... hehe

Superior male

The same roles that a man could supposedly aspire to?**

And some examples of those would be . . .

Nevermind, I take back the statement, but still think that Women and Men should have the same Freedoms.

As for Women being superior, thats a generalization, as I know a bunch of Women that are complete trash, and not even worthy of being considered human, and I also know many males that are the same way, or even lower than that. **

internet make it just worse for women... I think... there is much more of discrimination that I'm not friend with... ability to say your opinion on internet and stay anonime is bad, but in some ways is good because you realise what kind of people you are dealing with in your life.... I'm not feminist but I dislike whole picture of women in human society (well, I'm raised by mom since my father died long ago, I guess that's why my opinion is quiet diferent that most of males on earth)

Good points. Having grown up seeing a woman in a different role probably really opened your eyes in a way most people never get.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    And some examples of those would be . . .
    You are trying to trick Me into saying something intelligent. (Joke)

Anyways, they should both be able to aspire to Leaders of People, Buisinesses (Spelling), or any other type of Area that might be considered a type of Position of Power and Status.

( Expressing Words the way I mean them is difficult.)

You are trying to trick Me into saying something intelligent. (Joke)

Anyways, they should both be able to aspire to Leaders of People, Buisinesses (Spelling), or any other type of Area that might be considered a type of Position of Power and Status.

( Expressing Words the way I mean them is difficult.)

I understand and I know it is difficult, just a worthy pursuit to attempt.

I understand and I know it is difficult, just a worthy pursuit to attempt.

What, to trick Me into saying something intelligent?

Anyways : I Believe that Women and Men are both people, and should be allowed the same freedoms that the other enjoys in most cases, with exceptions being certain oddities, such as Men having abortions. ( Movie Reference: JR. With the Governator.)

Just because a person is of a different Gender, doesnt mean they should act in a certain specific way. I Believe that a person should embrace their individuality, and be themselves, not who their parents, the religions they normally follow, or society tells them to be.

If a guy wants to be open with his Emotions and Feelings, then that should be fine, and the same should be for if a Woman wants to be a Boxer of some sort.

If I say that the most important function a woman could perform would be fellatio will that be considered the wrong answer?

That depends on what your answer about men might be. :P **

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    If I say that the most important function a woman could perform would be fellatio will that be considered the wrong answer?

There are no wrong answers. Only ones I might tell your future dates about if you don't watch it

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

How about this one:

Sex symbol and leader of an up and coming country. A lot of women tend to sacrifice one role for the other.

OEC

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

What types of positions should women hold in organizations both social and business-oriented? Do you feel that what you think should be the case is becoming more or less the case in actuality?
    Any person weither male or female in any orginazation shold be allowed to perform any position, just so long as it is something they are qualified to do. You yourself are a prime example of a very smart and sexy woman who is able to preform any task either social or business oriented. Should you be relagated to just looking good on the cover of a brochure if your multi talented and can preform better or as well as a homely girl sitting behind a desk. As far as actuality goes, Damn.. once again I have to go with my people suck speech, because too many people don't see the reality of life and see a pretty girl as unworthy of anything more than eye candy.

I know someone that puts all women, no matter who they are, on a pedastel. I've had several arguments with him about how no one, no matter what gender, is better than the other. Seriously, heated arguments. :|

Anyway, before I go off on a tangent. Women should be able to fullfill any role, and not have any beef about it. If you're a secretary, you're a secretary. If you're a doctor, you're a doctor. I know these are extremes, but any woman can be in any position.

I've been a computer programmer. I've been a worker at McDonalds. Web designer. Daycare teacher. I will be a stay-at-home mom (until the girls are older) in about a month.

I will tell you one thing, it's hard being a woman and to be in the computer industry. I don't know how many times guys have tried to push me aside and ignore anything I say. Even though the amount of women coming into the computer genre is growing by the month, I still don't see women in general becoming easily accepted. I'm not saying that "I want equal rights" or whatever, what I'm saying is that I want people to actually listen to me, damn it. I'm tired of people seeing me as a ornimant or a piece of art to hang on the wall to say "See? We're not sexist!"

Anyway, my two cents.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I think everyone should be treated and have roles based on thier apitude and personality not their gender.

I understand that also, and even though I consider Women Equal in every way, I personally think that Women are Superior to Men in general for some of these reasons, and others.:

Women can do most if not all stuff that men can do, in most cases.
    Women have Longer LifeSpans.
    Women are able to Multi- Task in better ways.

There are lots of other reasons as well, but I probably proverbially or metaphorically put My foot in My mouth again.

I dont superior and that first reason you gave isnt all that accurate i dont want to bash women but from what ive read they dont make very good soldiers at all and have a hard time leading in a millitary like situation under stress because they tend to be more emotional there are exceptions to this but thats why they dont make women GIs. The second one is true. Ive seen no real evidence for the third one i know quite a feiw women who cant multitask hardly at all and in my experience men seem better at it. I do think men and women have strengths and weaknesses that balance each other out and i dont think one is inherently better than the other but i guess you are entitled to your opinion

Either way, I tend more toward regarding them Equal in every way, but on a side note: I consider Males to be disgusting in most cases. **

Yep, My meaning got misconstrued again, although thats My own fault because of the way I word stuff. **

Simplified version of My opinion though= Women are Equal, and deserve all the freedoms that men have, and also vice versa. **

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah I don't see the point, all this is doing is perpetuating gender inequality and stereotyping women. There are no roles that *women* should play. there are roles that different people of different abilities should play that best suit thier performance capabilities.

as far as I'm concerned when you say shit like that reguarding gender, subsitute race in the equation, and then see if you feel like you are asking the right question. do you want to say what's the proper role for a asian person? I don't think so, that's just not conducive to the kind of environment we want to live and work in. how long is it going to take before we finally stop looking at people in that way? if we can look past skin color, why can't we look past sex organs?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I think the part that prompted me to respond is the "women are superior" comment. No great generalisation is ever right all the time. I have met women that could be considered superior to the men I know. I have met men that are superior to women I know. I have met black people that are superior to white people I know and the other way around. I think the point I'm trying to make is that as a whole, women are not superior to men or golden finches. It gets on my nerves that a talk show host has instant applause every time they say men are scum and women are always right. I've known several women to be wrong. I've known men to be observant. Great generalisations are often propaganda. In this super feminist society where even men are encouraged to be feminine, not because it's what they want but what is popular. The "Super Woman" thing bugs me. I agree that any qualified person should recieve the same pay for the same job as the next qualified person regardless of gender or colour. Everyone should be allowed the opportunity to advance to Senior Partener or CEO or Manager if they are a qualified for the position. I'm all for equal wage for equal work and equal rights for equal people. But I also have a deep seated belief that women who bear children should raise children. Men who father children should support children. Some how it got all muddled and now the tv is raising the children while the woman goes off to work becasue the man is absent for what ever reason. Call me old fashioned.
    K

I think both parents should raise thier children, is it really healthy for a child to have a parent that's absent half the time? but as I say again and again, it's because our society only cares about profit and parenting is not profitibale to anyone other then to the lives of parents and children and life quality can't be configured in dollar ammounts. as a result at least one of the parents, more often both, must work because the job of taking care of a child 24/7 is not a "Job" that people should get paid to do, apparently.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

The catholic church's attitude towards women is revolting and primitive. Should women who want to become priests just go and suckle puss from lepper's breasts and engage in general mortification like Catherine Of Sienna?

For all his virtues Thomas Aquinas' basic position was that women are a naturally occuring deformity (his terminology) and that Semen is all important. As amusing as this sounds in retrospect, the church seems to still be stuck in his medieval headspace. I for one think its time the church changed its fucking tune...

how could women be priests? if they molested alter boys, then it would be Men and Women having sex, and the church can't allow that!

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I think the part that prompted me to respond is the "women are superior" comment. No great generalisation is ever right all the time. I have met women that could be considered superior to the men I know. I have met men that are superior to women I know. I have met black people that are superior to white people I know and the other way around. I think the point I'm trying to make is that as a whole, women are not superior to men or golden finches. It gets on my nerves that a talk show host has instant applause every time they say men are scum and women are always right. I've known several women to be wrong. I've known men to be observant. Great generalisations are often propaganda. In this super feminist society where even men are encouraged to be feminine, not because it's what they want but what is popular. The "Super Woman" thing bugs me. I agree that any qualified person should recieve the same pay for the same job as the next qualified person regardless of gender or colour. Everyone should be allowed the opportunity to advance to Senior Partener or CEO or Manager if they are a qualified for the position. I'm all for equal wage for equal work and equal rights for equal people. But I also have a deep seated belief that women who bear children should raise children. Men who father children should support children. Some how it got all muddled and now the tv is raising the children while the woman goes off to work becasue the man is absent for what ever reason. Call me old fashioned.
    K

I agree with you, and even stated that before in a previous post, but also mentioned that I probably said that in a way that might rile people up because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    The catholic church's attitude towards women is revolting and primitive. Should women who want to become priests just go and suckle puss from lepper's breasts and engage in general mortification like Catherine Of Sienna?

For all his virtues Thomas Aquinas' basic position was that women are a naturally occuring deformity (his terminology) and that Semen is all important. As amusing as this sounds in retrospect, the church seems to still be stuck in his medieval headspace. I for one think its time the church changed its fucking tune...
    Agreed.

*Feels sad because I phrased stuff the way I did in this topic. * *

Anyways, back to the topic.

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

they should be good wives.

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

and men should be good husbands. the world would be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by the_plague
    and men should be good husbands. the world would be a lot better.
    I think world would be much better if marriage didn't exist

I think world would be much better if marriage didn't exist
    thats interesting but i think that wouldnt wouldnt work all that well i think because humans seem to have a natural urge to raise children together and whatnot I still think marriage is overrated but as a whole is probably good for society esp gay marriage because gay people tend to actually spend time looking for someone they really want to spend thier life with and many othhers dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    thats interesting but i think that wouldnt wouldnt work all that well i think because humans seem to have a natural urge to raise children together and whatnot I still think marriage is overrated but as a whole is probably good for society esp gay marriage because gay people tend to actually spend time looking for someone they really want to spend thier life with and many othhers dont.
    well... you can raise your child with other parent but you don't need to be maried to do so... you can just live together.... and have much better relationship than in marriage... I know is possible...

well... you can raise your child with other parent but you don't need to be maried to do so... you can just live together.... and have much better relationship than in marriage... I know is possible...
    I'm getting married, and I like it that way. I think it's a little bit of a trust issue, but this is the type of thing that can only be gained over time. The ceremony helps.

+ Reply to Thread