+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you like working as part of a team?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you like working as part of a team?

I always liked the cartoon The Superfriends. I always like the idea of a team of friends working together to make the world a better place. In real life, though, it seems like most teams have members who really do not want to pull their own weight towards the team's goals.

Do you ever work as part of a team in a job or hobby or school? If so, does it tend to work out equitably or not so fair?

Default Re: Do you like working as part of a team?

I dont mind working in teams, if they actually work as a team, and arrive at mutual decisions, help each other, etc.

I hate working in teams when the other team people dont do any stuff to help, and take credit for what they didnt do. There is NO Honour in that.**

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i loved working in teams i never had trouble with people slacking off i can prety much take care of the situation if someone did start to slack off

I like teaming with people that realy want to put their muscles in project... not with talk'a'lot's that do nothing.... but sometimes those that talk a lot and do nothing can do much to help just by giving idea's and psyhic suport... I tend to do both

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i loved working in teams i never had trouble with people slacking off i can prety much take care of the situation if someone did start to slack off
    Any suggestions on how to take care of people slacking off? Can it be addressed or do you just take on more work yourself or do you make 'em walk the plank?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Hell yes make them walk the plank, if theyr not pulling their own weight they werent part of the team in the firstplace.some people are just lazy and wat all the credit for the group work without having to do any of the work. with me its either shape up or ship out. sometimes you have to be a strong leader, and if the gruop leader isint doing much i have no problem with taking over the wheel. basicaly only those that actualy contribute something to the over all project should get the credit.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I always work as part of a team.

But I really do not like some aspects of it.

I like to work my own way, at my own pace, etc...

If I am allowed to do my job for the team, in my own way, privately, then I am happy.

But when you have to follow all kinds of rules and go to all kinds of meetings, I find it annoying...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Unless you have a mutual mission and truly inspirational goal, it will tend not to be equitable.

OEC

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

NO, hate it,i've actually been told i'm a very good leader.....but i work alone,always have always will.........

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

The thing to remember is that even working in a team, not everyone is equal. Just like they say too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the soup. Team members must realise that some people have bigger parts to play, and that even if their own part is a smaller one, it is none the less just as important. Playing off each others strength is not always easy but so very important if their is a job to be done.

I know just what you mean - it would be great to have a small group of friends, no more than 5 probably, that all have similar interests & work to make everyone's lives better. The idea is great, but I have never seen it work, at least not for me. There is always someone that is just not as dedicated as the other members & ends up turning folks against each other

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

my team is more like the justice league where each member kinda does their own thing, but they all collaborate under one team insignia.

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

I always say- "there is no Christian(thats me) in team"-
    like so many things in our civilization as a whole, people fuck it up. The concept of a team is great, but someone will always ruin it.
    no- Im not a pessimist, Im a realist-

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by nyar
    The concept of a team is great
    I agree 100% with you.

I work better alone.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

I hate working in teams. I have to for where I work, it sucks. It's only cool if your say in a band or something like that.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    I hate working in teams. I have to for where I work, it sucks. It's only cool if your say in a band or something like that.
    I think bands are a good example of a team that actually works pretty of course they atill usually break up at some point or at least hav line-up changes but hey nothing is perfect.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

not yet

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

I'm not a fan of working in teams, I hate when people are slackers and I have to do all the work and they get the credit. On creative projects I kind of feel like if I don't do it myself it wont be done right... The only time I've liked working in teams was when I was in classes like math or science, which I hate, and someone smarter got to do all the thinking. I have never been in a team where everyone does a fair share of the work, it just doesnt work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    I'm not a fan of working in teams, I hate when people are slackers and I have to do all the work and they get the credit. On creative projects I kind of feel like if I don't do it myself it wont be done right... The only time I've liked working in teams was when I was in classes like math or science, which I hate, and someone smarter got to do all the thinking. I have never been in a team where everyone does a fair share of the work, it just doesnt work out that way.
    that should at least tell you that you are more worthy than others that you teamed....

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

i like working in teams as long as theres not more cheifs than there are indians...someone is always going to have to take charge of every situation, which is not a problem, it's when several people want to be in charge that problems develop...where i'm working right now we are not having to much problem with that rank pretty much takes care of that problem... as far as slackers go, this is where i kinda feel sorry for people on the civilian side of things, if you have someone at your job or your office who is letting everyone else in the team do all the work unless your the boss there isn't much you can do but complain, around here we just find all kinda silly games to play...like the lets fill sand bags game....or the lets paint rocks game....neither of which are very fun...

+ Reply to Thread