+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has Anyone Played Resident Evil 4?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Has Anyone Played Resident Evil 4?

what did you think of it? i just beat it for like the 4th time and altho its an awesome game its not scary i remember the other games scared the shit out of me at certain points. this game was full of action and heads splatering but it was realy lacking in the frights. am i the only one who was disapointed at its lack of shit that makes you jump and have nightmares?

Default Re: Has Anyone Played Resident Evil 4?

I lost interest after a second relase.... firsth was best... It was firsth non strategic game I played

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    I lost interest after a second relase.... firsth was best... It was firsth non strategic game I played
    you realy should do yourself a favor and check out the rest of the games in the series RE4 is the best one yet and like i said its a ton of fun shooting shit with a shotgun

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

i really like GC version of Resident Evil 1. Haven't gotten 4 yet though....looks cool

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I played the demo of it last summer, it didn't have any zombies just hillbillies and had a weird control style that was kind of like a mutated metal gear solid. I was kind of let down my Outbreak, which I actaully played afterwards, but being that I don't have a ps2 or any thing else after ps1, I haven't played it upon release

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

The folks on X-Play think it's up for best game of 2005. I want to play it ASAP, but I live in hickville, and buying games anywhere involves a day trip.

jenova_sin's Avatar the sweet lips of cruelty

As far as creepy demented game. I kind of like to watch Silent hill 4 : The Room . I love seeing the intro.... Oooohhh the depravity...

^v^ - Boo! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
    German

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I played the demo of it last summer, it didn't have any zombies just hillbillies and had a weird control style that was kind of like a mutated metal gear solid. I was kind of let down my Outbreak, which I actaully played afterwards, but being that I don't have a ps2 or any thing else after ps1, I haven't played it upon release
    i hated the controls when i firs started plating it but about ten minutes into it i got the hang of it and it handles better than all the other games in the series. and those hillbillies arent your average kind either some have some weird tentacle mosters that pop ot of their heads when you blast em

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    you realy should do yourself a favor and check out the rest of the games in the series RE4 is the best one yet and like i said its a ton of fun shooting shit with a shotgun
    not true for me.... I like the concept in game... chalenge... and for me re3 was just shotout with nothing new to see.... same with movies... and everything else, they are just trying to sell old shit in new package....

sillent hill is good too.. firsth one of corse... that scene with nurse on the other side of door is damn good, and he just can't do nothing about it

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    not true for me.... I like the concept in game... chalenge... and for me re3 was just shotout with nothing new to see.... same with movies... and everything else, they are just trying to sell old shit in new package....
    you couldnt be further from the truth this game is completely diferent from the other ones diferent types of monsters and theyr actualy relatively smart theyl doge out of the way if you point your gun at them to long, you can actualy die in the cutsceenes,and the controls have been completely overhauled. They actualy improved on all the things the previous games were lacking.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

The only thing Resident Evil about Part 4 is the title...nearly all has changed enough to qualify it as the true sequal to the ENTIRE series and genre it fits into...beautiful game. This one is going to be heavily ripped off in the coming years.

Beloved1982's Avatar Junior Member

Hey,

Try Doom 3! My hubby said that scared him, and he plays a ton of PC Games, so he has pretty much seen them all and said this one kicked ass. It is definitely life like and almost feels like a movie.

I just watched 'Resident Evil Apocalypse'. I thought that was pretty killer.

Personally I have not played Resident Evil 4 because I only own an Xbox. And last time I checked Resident Evil was not made on Xbox. Has this changed at all or is Resident Evil still only out on GameCube and PS2?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Beloved1982
    Hey,

Try Doom 3! My hubby said that scared him, and he plays a ton of PC Games, so he has pretty much seen them all and said this one kicked ass. It is definitely life like and almost feels like a movie.
    ^^^Why do I get the impression that you're really a man pretending to be a girl?

Anyway, I personally recomend Fatal Frame 2 instead. Play it and you'll know why. (even if you don't play RE4, you'll still know why. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    ^^^Why do I get the impression that you're really a man pretending to be a girl?

Anyway, I personally recomend Fatal Frame 2 instead. Play it and you'll know why. (even if you don't play RE4, you'll still know why. lol)
    I never played Fatal Frame 2 but I do have Fatal Frame 1 for the Xbox. So Fatal Frame 2 is actually worth going out and picking up? I like the first one but figured the 2nd was going to end up being so similar to the 1st that it wouldnt be worth buying. I mean it is the same story as the first game right?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I don't own FF1 so I can't really provide an answer. I do know that it is a brand new story. I imagine that they made alot of improvements over the first. I strongly recomend FF2 even if you own/don't own part 1.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

God, I love that game so severely. Its one of the few things I still own...
    It has insane amounts of replay value, despite its almost cinematic values(making it fub to play OR watch). The storyline is compelling, and the balance lends itself to a sense of reality I havnt really experienced in a shooter before. There was nothing about the game that struck me as annoying or anything except for the overly simplistic knife attacking system.
    The game wraps up loose ends, makes a few more, and will keep you occupied for a LONG time. Even after youve beaten it a few times. This game goes down as one of my favorites of all time.

And have you seen the controller they put out for it?

+ Reply to Thread