+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where does your screename come from/mean

Default Where does your screename come from/mean

I guess i just realized i've had this name for almost 7 years now. Never changed it. It's a shortend title of one of my old albums I did in '99 called Voldta det av Engler which means The Raping of Angels in norweigan. I've seen some interesting names here..so where do they all originate from?

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Default Re: Where does your screename come from/mean

this come from a shakespear play. I'll let you guys guess the meaning and what play.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i lived in Nashville/memphis for a while and hung out with all the blues crowd...some of the coolest people over there.......

they really do say "kat" all the time,hence the Kat......

and well killer+Kat ,just got a ring to it, ........

Bedlamite

Wicked:

adj 1: morally bad in principle or practice [ant: virtuous] 2: having committed unrighteous acts [syn: sinful, unholy] 3: intensely or extremely bad or unpleasant in degree or quality [syn: severe, terrible] 4: morally bad or wrong[syn: evil] 5: highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust.

Anima:

1:The inner self of an individual; the soul. 2:In Jungian psychology: The unconscious or true inner self of an individual, as opposed to the persona, or outer aspect of the personality: The feminine inner personality, as present in the unconscious of the male. It is in contrast to the animus, which represents masculine characteristics.

Oli (Ollie) which is shorten of Oliver was mostly used at most of forums and stuff, so I just added X on the end So became OliX

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

http://oneeyedcat.us

Will have a second oec soon. He took sick in Florida and has been delayed by a number of factors. Pet transport is a bit of a pain.

OEC

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Well "Bink" is (my favorite) character in the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony. He's a guy with a magical ability to never befall harm. Well since I seem to attract harm, I created the nic EvilBink to be the polar opposite of GoodBink.

"Good...Bad.....I'm the guy with the gun" (just thought I would throw that in)

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

the Eight Devils of Kimon from Ninja Scroll and Lucky 13

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

have you seen ninja scrool the series? I think it sucked ass. they turned it into fucking final fantasy, ther werent sprites and magic powers and shit in the movie. bleh.

Morning Glory... have you been inspired by that show on MTV to give you self that nickname? I always have that anoying guy from show in my head when I read your nick.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i think of the plant.......funny he doesn't use drugs.....but he's cool ......

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    have you seen ninja scrool the series? I think it sucked ass. they turned it into fucking final fantasy, ther werent sprites and magic powers and shit in the movie. bleh.
    yea it does suck and yes there was magic powers in the movie. the 8 devils all had powers

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

they didn't all have powers, that one chick blew up stuff using gun powder, that one guy was blind ugh and kinda had other more powerful senses, don't know if that counts as magic, one guy was ugly and could control hornets.... I always thought of them more like supernatural then magical, if there's a difference. I dunno. but you get what I'm sayin about the show.

there was actaully a thread a while back that revealed what my name came from. but it's funner not to say, cuz then it's mysterious. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    they didn't all have powers, that one chick blew up stuff using gun powder, that one guy was blind ugh and kinda had other more powerful senses, don't know if that counts as magic, one guy was ugly and could control hornets.... I always thought of them more like supernatural then magical, if there's a difference. I dunno. but you get what I'm sayin about the show.
    your right I would say they where more supernatural than magical. the one with the hornets that lived on his back, the one could turn his body to stone, and the sorceress with the cast of skin definately had supernatural powers. not to mention that Genma Himuro lost his head and came back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Well "Bink" is (my favorite) character in the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony. He's a guy with a magical ability to never befall harm. Well since I seem to attract harm, I created the nic EvilBink to be the polar opposite of GoodBink.

"Good...Bad.....I'm the guy with the gun" (just thought I would throw that in)
    you must have just watched army of darkness on sci fi

I have had close to 40 S/Ns. Due to the lack of steady devotion to one, I decided I needed to settle down. I figured "Lady Alias" was more than appropriate, and my favourite letter being "A", I also use "Lady A.".

From the bible, with a slight modification. thought it sounded cool when i was twelve.

Asmodeus, also known as Ashmadia, most likely originated from the Persian Aeshma-deva ("demon of wrath").

"Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage - SL MacGregor Mathers (1898) (quoted)"Asmodee: Usually written “Asmodeus,” and sometimes “Chashmodai”. Derived by some from the Hebrew word “Asamod,” to destroy or exterminate; and by others from the Persian verb “Azmonden,” = to tempt, to try or prove

"Dictionnaire Infernal - Collin de Plancy (1863) (paraphrased)"
    Other legends associate Asmodee as the serpent who seduced Eve. As "Asmodai," he is prince of demons.

Goetia - S. L. MacGregor Mathers (1904) (quoted)
    He, amongst the Legions of AMAYMON governeth 72 Legions of Spirits Inferior

I am into demonology and Asmodeus Asmodee is a powerful demon and I liked the name and the way it rolls off the toungue

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    you must have just watched army of darkness on sci fi
    Not recently actually, I'm just a big movie whore and spend way too much time watching them.

Plus I own about a zillion of them.

Zoe_Zoebaboe's Avatar Senior Member

The Name Game!

Zoe Zoe ba Zoe banana fana fo foey, me mi mo Moey, Zoe!

Yeah, I know. Ghey.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Mine is based on a costume I made...

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

What my first name means in Hebrew. Most of my screennames are the same like imgofgod, or g0ds1mage333.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

it was meant to be KillA AtomiK but i forgot one A, Atomik is a superhero i made up when i was 5 he was a radioactive mutant killing machine.

most people think I get the "Dark Angel" part off of some stupid TV show, but I think everyione here has more brains than that and know Im talking about fallen angel. And Roko is a name I have just...created. I have seriously tryed to find its roots but havent found anything yet...

But yea, I RP Roko, The Dark Angel all the time, so yea, Im sortta stuck with that name forever.

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

i'm in the marines, marines have been know as devildogs since wwII
    i just changed it a little....besides i like devilmutt more anyway

+ Reply to Thread