+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fight or Flight?

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Fight or Flight?

In any given situation, are you more likely to fight for yourself or let shit slide?
    How far are you willing to go to prove a point?

And I mean "actual" fisticuffs, not just yelling and pushing.
    Where is your line, and how does someone cross it?

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

Default Re: Fight or Flight?

all my fights have been over girls. mainly girls gitting hit by guys. I think if your going to fight someone you dont yell at em first and tell them your going to kick their ass. that will get them on gaurd and ready for a fight. you just do it and by all means necessary. there is no rules or codes to fighting other than the law and if your going to go to jail for fighting you better make it for a good reason. I dont really look to get in into fights most of the time but that will do it every time. otherwise I am a pretty mellow person.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I'm usually willing to let shit slide.
    There are too many assholes and idiots in the world to fight them all.
    I'll defend myself, or people I care for, if they are being attacked.
    But I see no point in kicking someone's ass, just because they are
    acting like an idiot. It might feel nice to do, but I don't think it
    really makes them less of an asshole. I think kicking their ass,
    makes the assholes more likely to carry a gun, or knife, so they
    do not get their ass kicked again. I prefer to win by living a happy
    life, while they sit and live the life of an asshole...

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    I'm usually willing to let shit slide.
    There are too many assholes and idiots in the world to fight them all.
    I'll defend myself, or people I care for, if they are being attacked.
    But I see no point in kicking someone's ass, just because they are
    acting like an idiot. It might feel nice to do, but I don't think it
    really makes them less of an asshole. I think kicking their ass,
    makes the assholes more likely to carry a gun, or knife, so they
    do not get their ass kicked again. I prefer to win by living a happy
    life, while they sit and live the life of an asshole...
    Makes sense to me. I've never been in any brawls before and its because I never let it get to that point. There are very few cases where your back is against a wall and its life or death. Most of it is inflated bravado on both sides. I dont want to inflict pain on anyone, they are someones son, brother, daughter, mother, or father and I wouldnt want that happening to my family. Of course this is me thinking in a rational state. If i was angered enough ide probably be thinking differently. But i usually look for an out, Im not a movie star with the benefit of having an opponent that knows they are suppossed to lose.

Wow... fighting I know that's bad thing and I'm "trained" not to use violence instead for defending. But anyway I like to get in some freindly fights or sparings, which are rarely in last time. I think there's much more better ways than showing off muscles or technique. But still it's good to know how to defend your self when you get someone who likes to push for stupid reasons. Those who punch without any warning better punch good to knockout me otherwise they're fucked.... Guess who liked Bruce Lee and ninja movies when he was young

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

well, unfortunately i have a short fuse and am unlikly to let to much slide, of course i don't go looking for trouble but still i am easily brought to the point where i give one warning and it's up to you not to push any further.

right now i'm constantly on edge but it's just becuase of where i am, we've had many instances around here where some of our guys have came to blows over really stupid shit, just becuase of the enviroment we're in.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

The only time my parents ever spanked me was once when I hit my brother, so it is pretty ingrained in me that it is wrong to punch someone out of anger. I used to say things in anger sometimes which is its own form of attack, but I really don't tend to do that any more either. I realized it caused pain that I felt bad about. I've thrown a few punches over the years in self defense, but I wasn't a fan of it and I'd never start a fistfight. I injure easily and heal poorly, so, for self defense, nothing is more efficient than a firearm if it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    so it is pretty ingrained in me that it is wrong to punch someone out of anger.
    I think it's different for boys. Boys get a lot more meat-head troglodytes looking for battles than girls do. That's been my experience anyway.

As far as fight or flight question, it's a situational judgment call for me. I'm a thinner bloke so I gotta be careful, I also live in a shit neighborhood were there is always seems to be one cocksmoker in a group of 3 to 5 people talking shit to me. I'd rather not fight anyway.

I carry a knife on me. I got this wicked switchblade in mexico a few years ago. It's a 6 inch lock blade that looks and sounds mean as hell. I've never pulled it on anybody but I keep it in my back pocket. I've had to reach for it a couple of times but that has always been enough of a deterrent. Since they don't know what I grabbing for I think they have assumed it was a pistol.

I guess I did'nt anwser the question, somebody would have to really get in my face and not fuck-off or hit or do something really shitty to somebody I care about.
    Last edited by Toe Cutter; 05-27-2005 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Forgot something

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i've never fought without the same intinces....

abuse towards women....it drive's me insane and i'll fucking knock someones head off.....

and it's happened a few times,(not the head part).....

or a few other small things,(having a few friends back) but mainly that^^.....

i don't like to fight ,but if need be,defensely speaking i'm always ready,i have a pair of solid brass knuckle dusters,i keep in the car.....

usually the people that start gettin' offensive on me are the fighting type,so i'm prepared....

I will fight if someone puts me in fear of my safety or the safety of people I care about. Outside of that, someone really has to be an asshat of epic scope. They have to come looking for it, perhaps not know when to quit...and I have to care for some reason.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Well.. I'm a pacifist. So Actual fighting is something I haver done, and probably will never do. But there are some things that people can do to make me explode verbally. I'm usually a very quiet person, and I keep my conflicting opinions to myself, unless someone is either:

1. Abusing women. I can't stand it. I was raised with three sisters, and no brothers... so I've acquired some traits from that. BUt anyways... I was raised to treat women with respect and dignity.

2. Forcing their religion on me. I respect all religions. But My view points differ.

3. Being [Blantantly] Ignorant.

...That's my two cents.

I pick my battles carefully. It takes alot for me to react. (example: my wife in danger, or sisters etc.) In the rare case when I do fight, I fight with fury and rage and don't know when to stop.

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

I am a pacifist of sorts. But If it came down to it I would probably fight.

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

I dont belive that I have fought for the same reason more than twice , so its kinda hard to say i dont belive that bravado has anything to do with it just a basic need to defend or get the hell out of a situation i carry a blade on me at all times and i have many in excess of 2.5 feet in length within reaching distance of my hands at allmost all times in my home but mever needed to use one in a fight in fact the last fight i had i took one away from someone and litaraly stomped his guts for pulling it in the first place so i would hafta say its fight for me

look at my profile under toys
    OB~26

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Punch the fucker in the throat and leave him where he falls.

Depends on the subject.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

if I have to I'll fight anyone even if I know I'll lose , of course it has been quite a while since I'vr been in one though

i just fucking lated out a late 40 something year old dad......

goddamn that felt good.......

i haven't hit someone in years........

i didn't use my dusters thought,.....to bad.....

(there's a story here but i'm still kinda in shock)

Storytime!

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    The only time my parents ever spanked me was once when I hit my brother, so it is pretty ingrained in me that it is wrong to punch someone out of anger. I used to say things in anger sometimes which is its own form of attack, but I really don't tend to do that any more either. I realized it caused pain that I felt bad about. I've thrown a few punches over the years in self defense, but I wasn't a fan of it and I'd never start a fistfight. I injure easily and heal poorly, so, for self defense, nothing is more efficient than a firearm if it comes down to it.
    Me and my mom used to get into fist fights, so its always been my nature to fight. When I was a teenager, i got arrested for fighting. I was on kiddie probation for "domestic violence, and battery" when I was 17.
    I have not done it in about 5 years, but Im pretty quick to punch someone in the throat.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I've learned over the years to let most things slide. I'd be willing to lay out a guy for abusing women or children. Mostly, I just avoid situations that are likely to evoke the daimons of rage. Anger is an underestimated emotion. You can use it to create as much as to destroy.

OEC

Storytime!
    ok ,man.....

little back ground...

so i after the X-feincee and i got split apart i had this friend,that had a similar situation and we eventually got pretty intimate...

Blah,blah.....
    she is REALLY into her family,like someone of her age(20) should probally never be still letting their perents rule their lives....but hey...
    another aspect,she is REALLY,REALLY into her religion(christian or some nonsense),i don't give a shit about any religion as long as you don't shive it on my,or we'll brawl....
    time moves on her parents learn about me....it's all shades,....i'm great with older people,ect.....
    they find out ,as time rolls on, about many of the facets of my past/some of my present life........
    they start to hate me /try to brainwash her........

THEN there religion shit kicks in,i'm not their bull shit,they really start to hate me......

NOW get this,they get her,keep in mind she is 20years old,they get her to remove ALL ties to me,even as far as trying to get her to give up her job.......yea.....

soo skip forward a bit more,we haven't seen /talked to each other in a bit, i get a call[from her],to see her at work....i go after getting lost,so im kinda irratated already....

as i'm walking in she come/find her ,she goes"you have impacable timing"...and looks behind me(i'm leaning against the door frame inside) and her father is walking in from the outside....

before i relize he is behind be i start to say ," well i come back later," i say that as im opening the door in mid sentenct i go"oooor i'll say hi"...

and BAM he on the ground out cold.......i deck that mother whit every once of my being.....i hope i broke his jaw....

did i mention he is a reverend,AND he's been trying to subtly molest his Daughter(the girl) since she was about 13........

so i finally said fuck it, i should've never been whith someone like that anyways......

i think it was becuse the xfeincee was the exact opposite of her....

soo,maybe it wasn't that good of a story,but that's the HIGHLY abridged version.....

it just drives my crazy that a girl who is 20 fucking years old could be that fucking owned by her parents....

.................................................. ...........................

if you want a good story i could tell ya about Big Joe and Phantom 309

ummm...yea,
    K.K.........

ohh ,and sorry for the grammer,i'v already started drinking.......

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I forgot to mention animal abusers. I've really had to train myself to sublimate anger.

OEC

Next week...

"Big Joe and Phantom 309"

Woo hooo!

Next week...

"Big Joe and Phantom 309"

Woo hooo!
    haha,well i promise it's a good one,it's one of my favorite stories ever......but i don't think Big joe or his ol'truck is real.....

is that not some fucked up shit though....i mean damn drop the family man....

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

if it's just someone talking trash about me, i'll let them slide but if they start swinging or start talking shit to my momma or my niece, I'll bust a size 12 combat upside their head(and I can reach that far with my legs)

I would add girlfrind to that list but i tend to be repelent to the ladies so...thats rare I have one. lol

Escalot's Avatar Member
    Third star to the left, and on til morning...

I generally try to let stuff go, people who get het up over personal insults are just wasting their time.

I always run into trouble when basic principals are being disregarded, and i can't stand people being unnecessarily physical, which becomes hypocritical as i can easily be goaded into a fight, even though i know its pointless...

Basically; "violence isn't the answer, but it can be fun (in a self-righteous sense)"

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    Im pretty quick to punch someone in the throat.

Well that sums me up pretty well.

I have a Donald Duck temper and a very short fuse.

I believe in evil with a purpose not random acts of violence.

+ Reply to Thread