+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you or would you ever have cosmetic surgery?

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Default Have you or would you ever have cosmetic surgery?

I was just watching Nip Tuck and it always freaks me out. I think half my face would have to be ripped off to have that kind of surgery. I can't believe people do it if they don't have to. What are your thoughts?

Default Re: Have you or would you ever have cosmetic surgery?

I could see where it would help some ppl who may have been born disfigured or have become disfigured by an accident..... And yeah I guess if there was something about your body that just kept you down and you had it changed to make you feel better...Sure why not..

Would I do it????? NOPE ...Dont like needles....

Have you ever seen photos of the ppl who have had too much plastic surgury..(Like Micheal Jackson ) Or photos of people whos surgury went wrong and now they just look like phreaks...SCARY SHIT....

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

As my really awesome grandmother aged, she stopped feeling like herself because she couldn't see herself in the mirror. I always thought that I would get some as I got older, not to look different but to stay looking like me. Figured I would get the very best possible.

Two things changed my mind:

(1) I had my wisdom teeth out and literally almost died from the anaesthesia and afterwards remembered progressively more of the horrible surgery despite the amnesiac.
    (2) I developed an excellent pact with the devil, so I don't age.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Nah...I've made my peace with my lack of good looks.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

*shrugs* Aside from permanent removal of body hair there isn't anything that comes to mind.

I was BORN beautiful lol

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

i've considered having surgery as i was born with a Bruce Campbell jaw - i also looked into have my legs stretched to get myself to 6'. problem is to add 4" takes ages, is horribly expensive and incredibly painful.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

not unless i needed it because of disfigurement.

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    i've considered having surgery as i was born with a Bruce Campbell jaw - i also looked into have my legs stretched to get myself to 6'. problem is to add 4" takes ages, is horribly expensive and incredibly painful.

Okay, this is really morbid, but what is the stretching process? I'm picturing something really medieval.

If I ever did choose to have plastic surgery it would be to have some of my Scars from my motorcycle racing days removed...I have a pretty nasty one on my chin thats why I keep the Goh-Tee to cover it up...

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Install a see through panel in my torso.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    not unless i needed it because of disfigurement.
    I agree. I met a model who wanted to have her boobs done so they were even, she had mono-bossom. Sure would like to have the money to do it though.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

In the case of car accident , burns, & cancers/diseases that disfigure you, sure. If you have scars from surgery, sure.

But if someone wants surgery as a quick fix for weight loss, etc. I think exercise & a healthier diet should be tried first. There are exceptions to this (i.e. if someone is 500 lbs. and needs surgery to save their lives), but in general, surgery is pretty serious and should be taken with seriously.

If they ever figure it out, I want big boobs that shoot deadly laser beams out the nipples on command.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Okay, this is really morbid, but what is the stretching process? I'm picturing something really medieval.
    Rent the Movie: Gattica.

The guy stretches himself through surgery.

They have several Methods, and ALL are painful.

I was saving money to get my breasts done. But a month before I was scheduled to go in for a consultation, I found a lump in my breast. I was 21 years old at the time and dealing with the possibility of cancer really changed the way that I looked at myself and my life. I was lucky -- I was cancer free and I still am.

I would rather enjoy life as I am -- rather than take the risk of losing it over something as silly as wanting bigger breasts.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Giulianna
    I was saving money to get my breasts done. But a month before I was scheduled to go in for a consultation, I found a lump in my breast. I was 21 years old at the time and dealing with the possibility of cancer really changed the way that I looked at myself and my life. I was lucky -- I was cancer free and I still am.

I would rather enjoy life as I am -- rather than take the risk of losing it over something as silly as wanting bigger breasts.
    Thank you for sharing that.

Genesis's Avatar Member

Hell yah I want cosmetic surgery! I've always wanted larger breasts, but have decided against it until after having children. Then by the age of 50 I want a face/neck lift. I'm already saving.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Rent the Movie: Gattica.

The guy stretches himself through surgery.

They have several Methods, and ALL are painful.
    Isn't that a science fiction flick with Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman? I was wondering what the actual current methodology would be.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Giulianna

Yes, these things would give you a new perspective. I have a rare lung disease that my doctors think is CCAM, except that CCAM is supposed to be caught by age 2 in 90% of cases. CCAM causes your lungs to grow cysts, and they have to be cut out. I am facing my 3rd surgery so far, parts of my lungs have already been cut out, and I'm only 26. So a breast implant? I think about it sometimes, but really, that's cookie crumbs compared to wanting healthy lungs.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    The process i looked into involved having your legs broken and then putting something in which they can pull the two peices of bone slighty apart with. your body will then naturally fill the gap, and will also grow the muscle and vein to fill the gap too.

It takes years.

The process i looked into involved having your legs broken and then putting something in which they can pull the two peices of bone slighty apart with. your body will then naturally fill the gap, and will also grow the muscle and vein to fill the gap too.

It takes years.
    That is what they did in the movie, kind of.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

It takes years.
    they did that to a girl on 48 hours afew years ago. she was only four foot something and wanted to be five. she was in alot of pain and had scars from the braces that she had on her legs. i think i'll just stay short. :p

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Be proud of your bruce campbell jaw and rest assured in knowing that you can kick some serious demon ass if you ever have to. And watch out for the bad hand...***think*** (that sounds dirty)

i want an ASS like JLO

Jozie's Avatar Senior Member

Im getting booobs in january.

Thats all I want... not to say I may want more in the future.

I don't view them any different then getting new tattoos, apparently some people (mainly my Daddy-O) views it a little differnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin
    i want an ASS like JLO
    Thats the fuunies shit I have heard all day...And its been a long day...Thanx for the laugh

shesinparties's Avatar Member

no.
    yes.
    I would have a third eye put in(wink)

+ Reply to Thread