+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noah and the Flood

Default Noah and the Flood

It's funny, I was reading sunkarma's post, and it got me thinking.

(For posterity, here it is for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by sunkarma
    Money can buy you anything..like even a not quilty verdict. Money and fame are powerful, evil things. You can get away with murder. Over, and Over, and Over. Its sad how low our society has sunk. Ship me to england..it's purer over there.
    )

Anyway, I was wondering about the original flood. Wasn't it that the people of Earth became too tolerant of murder? Violence?

Would any of you say that we would need a new flood today? Would the human race, as a whole, need to be cut down? Cleaned out?

Just thought I'd bring up a semi-theological/semi-philisophical topic. By the way, I'm in Virginia and settled down now. It's great being a Mrs.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Noah and the Flood

well, Congrats,i'm happy for you two !!....& welcome back too............(two too's..ha!ha!)..............

yea, a nice natural "down -sizing" would probally be benificial,BUT there's some crazy chance it could start some anarchy dumbfucks going insane....hmmmm......

so i kinda ans......ummm.....yea....i have no idea what i'm saying.so ill quit now. .....

(last time a start drinking at 6:30am for a while)

We have always been pretty tolerant of things like murder depending on who is doin the killing and who is doing the getting killed. The only difference is now we have TV so we can keep score better. Honestly, at least with more media options people can get disenting views out. 100 years ago if a rich and powerful man wasn't found kneed deep in blood and still shooting his crimes could be buried. Now at least you hear he was accused.

But if old God wants to break his promise and flood us again, there isn't much I can do but it didn't work out so good last time.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Hell yeah! we need a global clensing big time, wipe out at least half the population for starters and let the survivors fend for themselves. I'm all for it, and willing to take my chances.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

read the old testement. your god is all for murder. it was a verry acceptable practice in those days to kill because your gods tell you to kill. christians killed and merdered all the time in the old testement but thats ok cause it was killing for their god not all the other false gods, right?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I don't think we're killing more than ever as talking about it more than ever. As a result it looks like it's far worse than it is. Not that it's saintly by any means...we're still good at genocide, mass murder, and good ole war. However do we really want the boredom of peace?

I'm pretty content to sit back and watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    read the old testement. your god is all for murder. it was a verry acceptable practice in those days to kill because your gods tell you to kill. christians killed and merdered all the time in the old testement but thats ok cause it was killing for their god not all the other false gods, right?

...So true.... Anyone heard of the crusades? To hell with Noah's Ark and all that religious mumbo-jumbo. The story of the Ark is just an extension of the Garden of Eden guilt trip.

The fact is that there are consequences to our actions. Murder will be avenged - through socially sanctioned channels (courts) or other means - because survival is in our nature. Murder threatens the survival of the individual, which threatens the survival of the race. This is the logical consequence of bad behavior - not the hand of God splitting the skies and flooding the earth with rain. Anyone who would wish such a thing can drown in it too.

this is one of my favorite murder stories of the bible

Genesis 19 (King James Version)

1And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

3And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

6And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

7And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

8Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

he was willing to let a mob have their way with his daughters to save two angeles

24Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

25And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

26But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

27And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD:

28And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace.

29And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in the which Lot dwelt.

30And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

37And the first born bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.

38And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same is the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.
    and these are the passages that most people go by to say that god hates fags
    so its ok for your god to kill thousands for its sinful ways (being gay) but incest goes unpunished. well then the mormans got that one right.

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    this is one of my favorite murder stories of the bible

28And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace.

36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

so its ok for your god to kill thousands for its sinful ways (being gay) but incest goes unpunished. well then the mormans got that one right.
    Yeah, that's pretty fucked up. Noone ever said bible-thumpers were smart or ever actually READ the bible.

So how come you can "sodomize" someone, but you can't "gommorize" anyone? And if you could, would it be anything like "Simonizing" someone?

Quote Originally Posted by tinstar
    So how come you can "sodomize" someone, but you can't "gommorize" anyone? And if you could, would it be anything like "Simonizing" someone?
    you have been gamerized

Gamera, come back.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

haha. so god gave us all free will to do whatever we want to, but then he get's pissed off if we don't do what he wants. sheesh. God is an asshole, for an all powerful eternal being he's pretty petty and insecure. you'd think that he wouldn't throw tantrums whenever shit doesn't go his way. almost makes me want to become a satan worshiper if the whole thing wasn't so ridiciculous that it had any credibility other than as a 1st century soap opera. (which it doesn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    almost makes me want to become a satan worshiper if the whole thing wasn't so ridiciculous that it had any credibility other than as a 1st century soap opera. (which it doesn't)
    satanists still believe in the christian god, its just that they practice in the other side of the coin.
    yin & yang, good & evil, heaven & hell its still all just believing in two sides of the same story.
    you have to understand that the chistian god wasnt the first god nor is he the last god man has come up with.
    if you look at early man he would fear everything that was part of nature: fire, lightning, storms, winds, floods, meteors, comets, earthquakes, etc... those where all the first gods or wrath of gods.
    its fear that fuels the gods. fear of the unknown, the dark, of death that fuel it still to this day.
    man is still the primative who fears the wrath of a vengeful god and the demons of a hell that will inslave us in the afterlife.

I know that they do, that's why I meant that if I believed in him, I would think that satan in cooler. I think that wotan is probbily the coolest god, I was thinking about getting a bumper sticker with some runes on it that said "my god can kick your gods ass"

Quote Originally Posted by tinstar
    Speak for yourself, I can gommorize someone reeeal good. It's just hard to find the right person, and setting the right mood. Mood is everything when you go for a little gommory.

Last of the gommorites,

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Speak for yourself, I can gommorize someone reeeal good. It's just hard to find the right person, and setting the right mood. Mood is everything when you go for a little gommory.

Last of the gommorites,

I could swear I read that Gomorah had something to do with salt mines....

I'll most likely make a thread about this myself at some point, since it's a topic dear to my heart, but the Satanist's I've spoken with don't 'worship' the Devil persay, but use him as an ideal to live by. To shirk all the morally acceptable behaviour's that society tries to indoctrinate us to believe makes us 'normal' and 'sane'. I use these terms loosely. By societies standards, I'm neither.

Think of it as less of Anti-God, with the sacrifice of animals and children (read: SOCIETIES fears interposed on truth), and more about being an Individual who follows his own path.

Well...my view, anyhow. I accept not everyone will find my arguements stomachable. We all have a right to our own, after all.

That being said, if this reply garners enough attention, I'll turn it into a post of my own and get indepth on my personal views - to play the Devil's advocate if nothing else.

you'll like it here, there are many people that study and/or follow laveyism and satanism. I however, I am not one of them and have only studied it as a educational curiosity.

Its like when talking to the people at the college. They are all like: The world should be flooded again.

They dont take into consideration the fact that they would drown as well.

Bah, I hate religious fanatics in many cases, though there are exceptions.

Rabble!Rabble! Rabble!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Its like when talking to the people at the college. They are all like: The world should be flooded again.

They dont take into consideration the fact that they would drown as well.

Bah, I hate religious fanatics in many cases, though there are exceptions.

Rabble!Rabble! Rabble!

Hehe, right on... Read my above... The logic behind that one never ceases to make me raise an eyebrow.

+ Reply to Thread