+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Goths for Jesus

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

Default Re: Goths for Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by skintwisterman
    You're entitled to your opinions, but please be less horrible about it. You're being rather mean :/
    ha ha that is me being nice about the subject.
    if I was I was being mean I would have called them Ignorant stupid basterds.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

and taken a dump on the collection plate

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    ha ha that is me being nice about the subject.
    if I was I was being mean I would have called them Ignorant stupid basterds.
    ...actually, I agree with you on that XD.

Would you folks get pissy if you took a peek at their website and everyone was saying shit like "Those mindless wacko liberals on the BlueBlood forums have no brains"...? If you're honest with yourselves, I don't think that would make your day.

This is the biggest fucking shitload of hypocrites I've ever encountered in my entire life (apologies to those of you here who actually know what the hell they're talking about and have a little bit of respect for a bunch of perfectly harmless Christians). A good portion of you are acting like ignorant, whiny, angsty brats who A). have no friends in real life and spend hours a week on this stupid forum to quell their lack of human interaction -- and B). are too afraid to take an objective view of matters and thus sit around spouting liberal propaganda thinking it makes them sound cool and in-with-it. Some of you folks can't even step back to see how dense and nescient you're making yourselves sound.

What the hell have these "Christian Goths" ever done to you that you sit in your little chairs, for hours on end, cutting them down and making fun of them...? I don't completely agree with these guys either, but what the fuck does it matter? Who gives a crap if they're "fundamentalist"? That's their beliefs, and they're just as valid as yours. Most of you people are just cheeky little teenagers anyways -- you have a lot to learn before you can start making blanket judgments over entire world religions.

Several of you folks disgust me. You're exactly what the world doesn't need these days. Just shut up and let these people be. They're not out to hurt anyone. The most they do is ask for prayer requests and provide suicide/depression counselling and (heaven forbid!) state their own beliefs. Pull the golf clubs out of your asses and chill out.

shut up. seriously. you have the nerve to say who gives a crap if they are fundamentalists, while blasting liberalism, and then call us hypocrites?

oh, btw, way to go showing how stupid we are for posting on a message board, you really outsmarted us there.

Wow... is that the best you can come up with. "Errrrghhh *struggles* ...SHUT UP! STOP SPEAKING!"

Lol... what? Am I making too much sense? I'm sorry.

And don't fucking twist my words around. I never blasted liberalism. I'm blasting whiny teens who are too ignorant to look at matters objectively and thus just spout liberalism because all of their friends think that way too.

AND, I never said anyone was stupid for posting on a message board. What I do think is stupid is people who have no lives and waste several hours every week flaming people who don't think the same way they do (*coughs*1811posts*coughs*).

If you want to put words in my mouth, then we can play it that way, but don't act like a fucking retard -- I know you're not one, but you're sure making yourself sound like it.

goddamn teens with thier brad pitt and thier britney spears in the magazines and al gore on the in ter net... oow, they just make me mad!

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

...so am I a good guy or a bad guy?

I think it's a moral dichotomy. U know liek in Star Wars when Luke was wearing balck in Return of the Jedi I was so confued because he was in black and i was like 'is he still the good guy?' and i was so confused i couldnt eat for 145 days. or taht western where that cowboy has teh white hat and kills those ladies bcause he waz actually evil that was wierd too!!!

Jesus freakin' Christ. I'm glad I'm wearing black, whatever side's right.

Edit: I think i'm a bad guy because I'm a lousy communist.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by forthehibbedy
    Would you folks get pissy if you took a peek at their website and everyone was saying shit like "Those mindless wacko liberals on the BlueBlood forums have no brains"...? If you're honest with yourselves, I don't think that would make your day.

This is the biggest fucking shitload of hypocrites I've ever encountered in my entire life (apologies to those of you here who actually know what the hell they're talking about and have a little bit of respect for a bunch of perfectly harmless Christians). A good portion of you are acting like ignorant, whiny, angsty brats who A). have no friends in real life and spend hours a week on this stupid forum to quell their lack of human interaction -- and B). are too afraid to take an objective view of matters and thus sit around spouting liberal propaganda thinking it makes them sound cool and in-with-it. Some of you folks can't even step back to see how dense and nescient you're making yourselves sound.

What the hell have these "Christian Goths" ever done to you that you sit in your little chairs, for hours on end, cutting them down and making fun of them...? I don't completely agree with these guys either, but what the fuck does it matter? Who gives a crap if they're "fundamentalist"? That's their beliefs, and they're just as valid as yours. Most of you people are just cheeky little teenagers anyways -- you have a lot to learn before you can start making blanket judgments over entire world religions.

Several of you folks disgust me. You're exactly what the world doesn't need these days. Just shut up and let these people be. They're not out to hurt anyone. The most they do is ask for prayer requests and provide suicide/depression counselling and (heaven forbid!) state their own beliefs. Pull the golf clubs out of your asses and chill out.
    dude people rip on everything so fucking deal with it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people saying whatever the hell they want (and that extends out really far on this board) and if you have a problem with it then leave. And BTW the website i posted is quite hillarious IMO and while i hold nothing against theese people i still think that this site is really wrong beceause it uses scare tactics to spread christianity and promotes a bunch of really lame gothic stereotypes so if you have opinion express it and debate it but dont be a fucking asshole about everything.

This is the biggest fucking shitload of hypocrites I've ever encountered in my entire life
    Just shut up and let these people be.
    Wow... is that the best you can come up with. "Errrrghhh *struggles* ...SHUT UP! STOP SPEAKING!"
    so whos the hypocrite?

I didnt even look at the web site. so Im not commenting on it. those are my views as an atheist. I dont need to look at the web site to know that they are mindless fucking wackos. I had a girlfriend who was goth and a christian and I respect that but she never was part of any group or organization that claimed to be christian goth. hell she would have even laughed at that.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Not one member of this place would care. Why? Because that's just not the nature of those here. We don't make threads about "Look what so an so said on this message board" and what not. By and large topics here tend not to focus on that kind of stuff. Most members even ignore it completely in favor of things more in tune to their interests. We all have enough drama in our own lives with adding stuff from the net. As I said before...none here "hate" the site. They simply find it stupid, sick, silly, etc. None are spamming their message boards, none are forcing their opinions on them, and none are saying they should not have the right to be online...the critique against them have stayed in this thread and this thread alone...only YOU seem to have issue with it so it's pretty safe to assume you have some interest in the site or what it promotes. As another said one has to wonder if you're not a member of that site and pissy for what you've seen said here.

This is the biggest fucking shitload of hypocrites I've ever encountered in my entire life (apologies to those of you here who actually know what the hell they're talking about and have a little bit of respect for a bunch of perfectly harmless Christians).
    Lets see...most have issues with Christianity and have made them clear. All are simply posting their OPINIONS about the site and not actually engaging in any malicious action toward these "harmless christians" and more so have done all this in their OWN COMMUNITY AND FORUM...so basicly you're insulting members here based on a discussion they are having amoung themselves and judging them for actions they have not taken nor will take against those they find less than agreeable. Also no christian is harmless...that's like saying a harmless shark...at some point it will bite if you give it proper cause or by simple nature. All here have had a long history with that faith and have all the right in the world to feel as they do about it...including outward and vocal hostility. NONE have to treat these pissants with the respect they on average do not show and given they are the controlling majority in this nation and many others their is little need to treat them as if they are the ones being victimized and treated badly.

A good portion of you are acting like ignorant, whiny, angsty brats who A). have no friends in real life and spend hours a week on this stupid forum to quell their lack of human interaction -- and B). are too afraid to take an objective view of matters and thus sit around spouting liberal propaganda thinking it makes them sound cool and in-with-it. Some of you folks can't even step back to see how dense and nescient you're making yourselves sound.
    It's GOTHS FOR JESUS...if you can't see the comedy in that it's clear you take this far more seriously than most here. If this was a serious topic you would see a much diffrent tone...but again..it's GOTHS FOR JESUS so as a result...it's treated for what it is...a hilarious joke of a premise, site, and idea. As far as spouting liberal propoganda...the hell are you on about? Hate to break it to you but some people actually despise christianity in a very honest and pure way...so you're not gonna find much love for the dude on a cross and his zombie army from them.

What the hell have these "Christian Goths" ever done to you that you sit in your little chairs, for hours on end, cutting them down and making fun of them...?
    What hours on end? what making fun of? A few simple jabs and laughs amoung friends is not a mass comminity lynch mob...what was said here is no worse than if we'd all be at a bar and someone brought this up. You're taking this more personally than anyone...even the "Christian Goths".

I don't completely agree with these guys either, but what the fuck does it matter?
    I'm beginning to doubt that...I strongly suspect you're a member of that site or you wouldn't be taking this to such a pissed off diva type level.

Who gives a crap if they're "fundamentalist"? That's their beliefs, and they're just as valid as yours. Most of you people are just cheeky little teenagers anyways -- you have a lot to learn before you can start making blanket judgments over entire world religions.
    Fundamentalists are fucks no matter their faith or political ideology...they're the first to go for the bodycount and a hell of a lot more vicious about nearly everything than ANYTHING said here...many here have had to deal with such people and the sitiuations have not been pleasent. As far as these being "cheeky teens"...that may be the case but that's neither the issue or of any importance...though these same "cheeky teens" are the next generation assholes who litter faiths all over the globe preaching hardline religious bullshit. So excuse me if I have no tolorence for these pricks and pricks in development.

Several of you folks disgust me.
    Well you're quite disgusting yourself so it seems to balance out.

You're exactly what the world doesn't need these days.
    Same could be said for you. Mr. I don't see the humor in Goths for Jesus.

Just shut up and let these people be. They're not out to hurt anyone. The most they do is ask for prayer requests and provide suicide/depression counselling and (heaven forbid!) state their own beliefs. Pull the golf clubs out of your asses and chill out.
    Again...NO ONE IS BOTHERING THEM OR MOLESTING THEM IN ANY WAY (well maybe their preists are but that's not the point). You seem to think we're all on this "lets go screw up and flame their forums!" crusade...we're not. This is jsut a funny little thread you took some serious issue with that again makes one wonder "why?"

We;re showing them actual respect not your naive idealized version of it....we're not bugging them, we're not invading their privacy, we're not telling everyone we know to hassle them, we're simply talking about this amoung ourselves like any group of friends would. Simple as that...you seem to think we shouldn't do that....we talk about all sort os issues far more deep and serious than this...and without much incident at that.

So as a faily active member I gotta say this is fucking hilarious that of ALL THE THINGS SAID...the one that gets someone the most bitchy is Goths For Jeusus...I mean come on dude...look around do you HONESTLY think some members wouldn't have issue or laugh their asses off at this?

It's just funny that these days fundamentalist Christians are thinking they are the ones oh so persecuted...how they love to playing the fucking victim.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

forthehibbedy - Would you folks get pissy if you took a peek at their website and everyone was saying shit like "Those mindless wacko liberals on the BlueBlood forums have no brains"...? If you're honest with yourselves, I don't think that would make your day.

Honestly? I don't think anyone would care. I do other sites that are more likely to be attacked by "mindless wacko liberals". I don't think the people who are expressing their dislike for Goths for Jesus are seriously going to care if their viewpoints are construed as dogshit. This forum has people who run the entire spectrum of political and social beliefs

I was pissed off here after the death of the Pope. At that time, I tended to look at world figures in strictly political terms. I discovered that the perspectives many here have on christianity and organized religion stem from personal experience. I realize you are mainly referring to specific folks, but I'd like you to consider the range of perspectives. Gothic and Punk "movements" tend to attract people who are in opposition to both organized religion and mainstream social structures. Others simply reject what they see as limitations on their lives. Still others simply reject the concept of divinity. You should focus on those willing to take the Gothic Christian movement into consideration.

Personally, I disagree with both atheism and christianity when they border on dogma. I'm more interested in studying spiritual movements and deciding for myself if the constructs are valid or complete nonsense. I would not be offended by those who reject this study as frivolous or silly. It's *my* thing.

I see a dichotomy in your statement. The world is what it is: An often hectic place where worldviews will tend to compete for ascendancy. The point to which you or they are "disguisted" is simply an expression of this fact. Is it worth it? No. The best thing would be if people would expand on their disdain for organized religion. Then, you might explain to them what christianity has done for you. You'll still find a fight, but at least it would be a worthy one that the rest of us might learn from.

OEC

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

i was talking to a guy the other day - he said that alice in wonderland ate mushrooms for our sins... and that the cheshire cat would grow and grow and grow until it took over the world.

thats how ridiculous i find all religions, christianity, islam, judaism, wicca, etc etc etc. every single one of them. i was devoutly christian once, then i started reading other ideas and philosophies, so by the time i was 12 i'd grown out of it. i've studied theology because i find it fascinating in the same way i find the big book of tales and legends interesting, nothing more.

now, unless i'm missing something huge noone has gone on the christian/goth site and bitched, yeah? it's been brought up as a subject and we're having a giggle. same way as we'd have a giggle at any site that tells us what to think in the thinly veiled guise of alternative culture. the same way i laughed at the christian papers reporting ficticious 'saving of the faithful' stories after the boxing day tsunami. it would be pretty rude to make lots of 'stupid assholes' comments on their site, it would also be obscene for them to make 'you poor misguided sinners' comments on this site.

i post here because i consider a lot of the other people who post to be evolved human beings with the power of rational and independant thought, rather than people who need a guidebook to life before they can make any ethical decisions. i also post here because there will always be someone who disagrees with me. you know, people who can back up arguments with theories and facts, instead of saying 'have faith'. people who can respond to ideas with their own thoughts and feelings, not 'hang on a sec, i'll just check the church's opinion on this'. without wishing to ingrain stereotypes, you do tend to find a lot of open minded people in alternative circles because more often than not they have had to go through a lot of shit from mainstream areas of society due to not fitting in so well as others. you get alternative gobshites too - it's a squares and rhombus' thing. you also get intensely intelligent and open minded christians too.

simply, if you try to convert me, expect your arguments to be blown out of the water and your beliefs ridiculed. if you're talking about what you believe in an intelligent and non agressive way, expect me to listen and discuss it. the problem with christianity is that it's so obsessed with conversion that it always falls into the first catergory.

sorry, rambling. i'll shut up now

I frequent a forum that is for Gothic christians, but the purpose of our site is to be a shelter for those hurt by Christianity, in short the site is for liberal christians. I noticed on the original link that one of their affiliates was Godscare,net. Godscare used to frequent our website and he stirred up so much shit with his vile, hateful condmning arguments aimed towards gender confused and homosexual members. I can't remember if we banned him or kept getting in his face until jhe quit showing up. But any website that claims to be christian and uses Godscare as a reference has to be a hotbed of fundamentalist hatemongers dipped in black clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurnation
    I frequent a forum that is for Gothic christians, but the purpose of our site is to be a shelter for those hurt by Christianity, in short the site is for liberal christians. I noticed on the original link that one of their affiliates was Godscare,net. Godscare used to frequent our website and he stirred up so much shit with his vile, hateful condmning arguments aimed towards gender confused and homosexual members. I can't remember if we banned him or kept getting in his face until jhe quit showing up. But any website that claims to be christian and uses Godscare as a reference has to be a hotbed of fundamentalist hatemongers dipped in black clothes.
    Can I get a link to this site?

OEC

Who gives a crap if they're "fundamentalist"?
    First off, fundamentalism is a problem. By its definition, it usually comes coupled with intolerance.

Also, let me resolve this before you bring it up: No, it's not hypocritical to not be tolerant of those who show no tolerance for others. It's necessary to not put up with that noise.

Fundies are my enemy. Done/done. Die in a fire.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    it's the chronicles of narnia that are based on christianity.
    Indeed, the CoN are very much an allegory for Xian mythology, unlike Tolkien's books. It would be a mistake to think that the LOTR were entirely removed from Tolkien's religious beliefs, however, as he states in #142 of his Letters:

"The Lord of the Rings is of course a fundamentally religious and Catholic work, unconsciously so at first, but consciously in the revision. That is why I have not put in, or have cut out, practically all references to anything like 'religion', to cults or practices, in the Imaginary world. For the religious element is absorbed into the story and the symbolism."

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

this thread is awesome.....

TZ,OEC = legend,haha....

just such an epic thread,i usually don't read the occasianal huge debates on here,but damn if you guys didn't sharpen your lyrical tounge to the razors edge....

just.....great.....great........

The hatemongers website is godscare DT net, I can't use the hyperlink feature because I am a "regular" member. As for the liberal christian forum, I won't post that url til someone asks, I don't want to be a spammer. It has been awhile since I saw the godscare site, but last time I was there he actually had a picture of a mass grave full of jews (picture taken from the Holocaust) on there.

yeah that site doesnt seem to hatefull but it does use a lot of scare tactics

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

i don't care what you think but i belive in God not just one religions God but that God is too big to fit into just one religion and the church i go to dose not belive in "religion" it's unaffiliated. it's cool e mail me i'm gothrock816 at yahoo. it's cool

yeah the whole god is too big for one rilligion is my church's philosophy too im a Unitarian

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    yeah the whole god is too big for one rilligion is my church's philosophy too im a Unitarian
    it's called what? whats that mean like the true definition?

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

I believe one of the most notorious artists on the *Goths for jesus* site is Eva O...(mmm so amzing she was) Ex wife of The Original Christian Death founder Rozz Williams..(R.I.P Darkling) and Ex Girlfriend of Richard Ramirez (the satanic murderer) There are severalother ex Gothic/Punk Musicians /Artists that have turned a new leaf...let melook around and i'll find some more names for ya...Nick Cave i beleive is one of them also

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    I believe one of the most notorious artists on the *Goths for jesus* site is Eva O...(mmm so amzing she was) Ex wife of The Original Christian Death founder Rozz Williams..(R.I.P Darkling) and Ex Girlfriend of Richard Ramirez (the satanic murderer) There are severalother ex Gothic/Punk Musicians /Artists that have turned a new leaf...let melook around and i'll find some more names for ya...Nick Cave i beleive is one of them also
    Nick Cave is definitely one. I've known plenty irl as well.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread