+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: london explosisions

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: london explosisions

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory

and guys who praise god while taking up arms and bombs? do you mean us or them?
    Fighting for god specifically...like fundementalists do...is vastly diffrent than a modern military.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

sorry to jump in again,without reading around....

but i do think alot of the soldiers out there are MUCH more concerned with living,and keeping each other alive,than any political shit.....

i think that's relavent....

(i'll probally delete this,haha)

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    ok fine, I am aware of the Iran/Iraq situation, but I don't consider saddam's government to be an islamic one, it is not based on any kind of religious structure. I mean obviously he claims to be muslim, just like bush claims to be christian. he'd have to be an idiot not to, but he doesn't practice it, and just like in america the religious institutions of iraq didn't have any part in the governing process.
    And the actual fighters? They were muslim by and large in the Iraq army of the era.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

"i'm fighting so that I can get home alive"
    that reminds me of those stupid ads, "if you lived here you'd be home by now."
    i'm going to put up one that says If you didn't join the military, you'd be home by now. why is it that all I ever hear is soliders bitching about how bad they have it? if you don't like it and don't want to do it, then don't join.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

didnt bother me at the time because i was working on a market stall in ludlow so id only heard rumor but yesturday was in birmingham sitting in coosters waiting for the doors to open for nails and rumor got around (helped by the fact that the two lads previously sat there death stared me then cleared off) that there was infact a bomb in a bag under the chair paranoia set in then whoa we were all wrong cause the bag didnt either belong to them (they came back an hour later) oh well didnt explode either but then i doubt the death of costers and its small clientel of "greasy greebos" and "angry goths" would get around much hmm could think off much better targets in birmingham prehaps broad street which they are there evactuating now i belive
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4668313.stm

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

eh, this is quickly degrading into another politcal thread and going far away off topic, I realize that is mostly my fault. I was initially just responding to the replies of my original point, which still stands and that's really all I have to say on the subject. if anyone wants to discuss a thread about islam or the military or any combination of the two, feel free to make one and i'd be glad to throw in my two pennies. you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

well i was trying to talk bombs they might have been in my head but that doesnt matter because obviously they are in other people to because they are evacuateing birmingham at this moment and birmingham means more to me because its just a few miles away not that they would ever bomb kidderminster hey it would b a load off the goverment im sure that theyd be glad to obliterate kiddrminster with its unuslly large percentage of drug addicts and bums plus one more hospital off the list

ok so now ive gone off track hehe well there i go completly cotradicting myself in one post sorry its just the two are so closely interwined bombings dont tend to happen without politics i suppose

+ Reply to Thread