+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: london explosisions

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

Default london explosisions

7 explosions on london public transport
    http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L07576398.htm

terrorism

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: london explosisions

I hope my friends in London are OK, iI just e-mailed them.

Hello MJ,
    i hope your friends in London are really ok...my friends over there just living somewhere else...for their luck(shit terror).
    Greetz
    AngeliusC
    P.S.You are very beautiful!

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Hope everyone over there will be ok. MJ, hope your friends over are all ok as well. goddess speed.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

horrible.

Let me take you down, 'cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields
    Nothing is real, and nothing to get hungabout
    Strawberry Fields forever

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
    It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out, it doesn't matter much to me

No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low
    That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right, that is I think it's not too bad

Always, no sometimes, think it's me, but you know I know when it's a dream
    I think I know I mean a "Yes" but it's all wrong, that is I think I disagree

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

they keep talking about the previous attacks on train systems....BUT they forgot one of the worst one's ,the Tokyo city gassings.....Aum Shinrikyo ,spread serine gas in the subway,no one died,but thousands had terrible nerve damage,ect......

just thought i'd add that....

Damn terrorists! Hate em all!

to be honest Aum Shinrikyo,had/have a good agenda,and ideal....BUT unfortantly they resort to mass violence to get there point across....

please don't hate me becuse i said ^ that people .....

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

its weird that no one has taken credit for it yet, u would think that if some one did something like this they would want ppl to know who they are and why they did it.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

There was talk of some organization...an Al Qaeda wannabe group as it was called that did claim credit. After the attacks in Spain you had NUMEROUS groups claiming to be behind it...takes time to find the real ones responsible.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

yeah, as the only office in the school with a radio is mine i listened to the whole sorry story develop throughout the day. apparantly a euro branch of al quaeda claims it, and a coupla militant iraqi groups. i'd be lying if i said i didn't expect it.

it was weird though - for the first hour it was strenously denied that there was anything to worry about (they said it was a power surge in the underground). then the rest of the bombs went off. very strange to hear all the different reports.

Exiled

it sucks and it happens in Iraq every week...

Bedlamite

*frown* Stupid terrorists...I suddendly feel like kicking thier sorry asses...

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

just hope all the brit blues bloods are doing okay

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Damn terrorists! Hate em all!

Damned Straight!!

They are futile attacks by a cowardly enemy...All of their attacks have been cheap shots they refuse to stand and fight us...

But as much as I hate to say it the terrorists have won...The world is terrified...
    People keep telling me that we will beat Al-Quida(sp) but how can u beat an Idea..Thats what Al-Quida is its an idea/belief these people have and they just call themselves Al-Quida so they have a name in the world...As long as the followers are alive and can speak Al-Quida will not be defeated...You cant kill an idea...

Thats what pisses me off

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

my dad was in kings cross but he ok
    jus glad the fatalities are not as high as expected xxx
    hugs everyone xx

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

scary shit i live quite away from london so i had nothing to worry about got alot of friends and family who live in that area. I remember when the ira blew up the canary wolf about 10 years ago and my windows almost shattered from the blast (i could see the explosion from my house) bombs are scary

Well if you ever see anything suspicious, don't be afraid to tell the FBI. I have turned in about 5 different totally anti American terrorist types myself. You might even get a reward. Keep your eyes open, if you ever see anything going on, don't be afraid to tell the FBI or the police.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic_Messiah
    bombs are scary
    Yes they are. Glad to hear you're alright though...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    They are futile attacks by a cowardly enemy...All of their attacks have been cheap shots they refuse to stand and fight us...
    as opposed to the virtuous chivalry of a precision guided missile?
    it's ridiculous- I said it before 9/11 I said it for 4 years and i'll keep saying it- when a rich nation's military force kills civilians it's a "conflict" when a political power that's not sanctioned by the UN uses military forces to kill civilians it's "terrorism."

I'm not excusing or condoning this action, I never support violent force but people need to wake up to the world around them and realize why this is happening if they ever want it to stop... or they can keep telling themselves that "they hate us because we are free" and ignore a thousand years of peace that existed in the middle east before European and American occupation.

PS. since when is repeating everything that the pentagon says right down to all thier PC buzz words the definition of "investigative journalism"?
    hmm. a state-run media outlet that keeps military personal on the payroll and is funded by corporations that directly report to and whose shareholders are politicians, I think there was a word for that.. it's called "Propaghanda".

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    when a rich nation's military force kills civilians it's a "conflict" when a political power that's not sanctioned by the UN uses military forces to kill civilians it's "terrorism."
    good point well made - if only the bombs had been sent directly to blair and bush. then there would have been no innocent loss of life. it's a pain in the ass to have such a dipshit leader, but i guess my US chums can relate...

and luckily for us the terrorists can't tell the difference between gmt and bst (british summer time) - i don't think those bombs were supposed to go off at the tail end of the rush hour, but during the peak hour (eg 7:50 - 9:00). good 'ol finickity bullshit that we have.

that reminds me a of a book I read:
    Amazon.com books: A Gentleman's Game

"Editorial Reviews
    From Publishers Weekly
    Inspired by his Eisner Award–winning Queen & Country graphic novel series, the author of the adrenaline-charged Atticus Kodiac thrillers (Critical Space) offers up this British cloak-and-dagger hardcover introducing Tara Chace, an intrepid, relentless female assassin. In a coolly orchestrated terrorist raid chillingly reminiscent of September 11, a well-trained trio of al Qaeda–linked fanatics bomb London subway trains at three major stations, killing 372."

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic_Messiah
    I remember when the ira blew up the canary wolf about 10 years ago and my windows almost shattered from the blast (i could see the explosion from my house) bombs are scary
    don't mean to go off the subject but if the explosion was at canary wharf . . . how did you see it in york ?

it's ridiculous- I said it before 9/11 I said it for 4 years and i'll keep saying it- when a rich nation's military force kills civilians it's a "conflict" when a political power that's not sanctioned by the UN uses military forces to kill civilians it's "terrorism."

I'm not excusing or condoning this action, I never support violent force but people need to wake up to the world around them and realize why this is happening if they ever want it to stop... or they can keep telling themselves that "they hate us because we are free" and ignore a thousand years of peace that existed in the middle east before European and American occupation.
    Whilst I agree with your point about the invasion of Iraq being nothing more than state-sponsored terrorism (or should that be big business sponsored terrorism?), I'm going to have to pick you up on the 'thousand years of peace' comment....are you kidding?

If Bush and Blair love freedom so much, then they should perhaps liberate Zimbabwe, another nation under the grip of a tyrant....only without Iraq's plentiful oil reserves...or massive WMD stockpile (yeah, right!).

Riddle me this, Blue Bloods.....why didn't Saddam just go hide where the WMD are in Iraq? If he had, we still wouldn't have found him yet !

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by youth-on-paper
    don't mean to go off the subject but if the explosion was at canary wharf . . . how did you see it in york ?

i was living in london ten years ago :-s in fact i've lived in alot of places thanks to divorces, education, arguments, love and breakups

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Vampire
    Riddle me this, Blue Bloods.....why didn't Saddam just go hide where the WMD are in Iraq?
    ...because they're in Syria.

Kidding.

Maybe.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Riddle me this, Blue Bloods.....why didn't Saddam just go hide where the WMD are in Iraq? If he had, we still wouldn't have found him yet !

Because if he hid we wouldn't have found him, and living in his cushy cell is better than living in a dirt hole. I'm suprised he just didn't surrender himself sooner.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Good god, thank you!!! I am glad that someone else sees this!!!

I mean it comes down to the most basic cliche' "two wrongs don't make a right"

there are other ways of accomplishing what we are trying to accomplish here

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    ...because they're in Syria.

Kidding.

Maybe.
    Probably are...many seem to leave out the funny little historical fact that the area that is now Syria and Iraq has been used as smuggling routes for centuries. They are still used for such purposes to this day. Given how many back room deals are done these days he could very well have sold them...not to terrorrists mind you but to buyers posing as reps from any number of factions in order to take them out of circulation. Old trick...but it works since all the seller wants is the $$$.

As far as the whole defenition of terrorism thing goes...well it's not as cut and dry as both sides seem to want to sell it. Military action has in the past looked like terrorism...one needs only look at Vietnam search and destroy missions or for a more extreme case the german army of WW2 in russia for examples. The IRA is another key example that can look any number of ways depending on your political outlook. The problem with the current terrorists is that unlike the IRA and past movements there is no defined purpose...their is no homeland they fight for. They are fighting for their own desire of absolute power and fundementalists views of religion...pretty much makes em assholes with guns. It's unrealistic to want an out of date medieval view of the world to function in the modern era. So to bomb out the west and call it a great evil when their own major supporters have had such systems of have and have nots since before said nations even became the powers they are now...is a bit rediculous.

More so are these inane morons thinking they are Saladin...if that does not raise red flags that maybe these bastards are a bit lost in their own perverted view of the world then I dunno what is.

Plus look at the terrorists camps in many nations...men only...I dunno about you guys but any time you get NOTHING BUT MEN together some bad shit goes down and some rediculous ideas seem valid and true. In this case it's a hypocritical damning of the west...Bin Laden's kin made their money with dealings in the west. Much of his private fortune came from it...the Saudi's Royal Family are not driving around in Saudi Made cars or using many Saudi made goods...

None of the thugs and scum that make up Al Qaeda came from backgrounds that did much honor to their faith or nations...most were from tribal factions, warlord factions, or fundementalists who wanted it their way or no way.

They are like the fundementalists christians and KKK of old...armed, ignorant, and pricks who'll happily kill me given the chance.

Fuck that...if it's me or them that has to go...then I say nuke the fucks.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Well what would you rather see destroyed...one building or city block or entire cities? War has always been fought where civilians live...their are no "dedicated battlefields" on this planet. It's not like forces can look at one another and say "lets go fight in this one area so no civi's get hurt, deal?"

A force like the one being fought in Iraq uses civilians as shields, couriers, supply lines, etc...they are exploited and abused and in many cases put in the line of fire specifically so the enemy looks as vicious as they are. It's not pretty but effective.

Personally I don't really care...I'm numb to it at this point since I see my own fellow countrymen pull the same shit in various forms of street crime. Ultimately it's the attitude of "too bad your stuck in the middle of that shit" that reigns...cause no one helps you out of it. Be it living in the crossfire of a battlefield or a crime filled hellhole...what can you do when NO one cares? Sure they will say how bad and sad it is...but nothing really gets done.

You're on your own no matter where you are in this world in such situations. Either learn to survive or wait to die.

while I don't neccesarily disagree with that, my point was to adress the stipulation that "terrorists" are cowards. I would disagree with that, it takes a lot of guts to strap yourself to a bomb and blow it up. I think it takes a lot more guts then pushing a button and launching a missle. Now do I consider Osama Bin Laden to be a coward? yes, I do. but so are George Bush Jr and Tony Blair, none of them are willing to fight and die for what they ask of others.

i haven't read into the thread,but the Dude Abides to what morning just said ....

I'm going to have to pick you up on the 'thousand years of peace' comment....are you kidding?
    no, i'm not kidding. I don't really feel like tracing the whole history for you...
    let me put it this way, there has never been a large scale conflict between nations of islam. the same can't be said for the "civilized" christian world.

and just for fun, that reminds me of a qoute...

"Q: What do you think of western civilization?
    A: Sounds like a good idea."
    -Ghandi

Hula Hoop Supervisor

while I don't neccesarily disagree with that, my point was to adress the stipulation that "terrorists" are cowards. I would disagree with that, it takes a lot of guts to strap yourself to a bomb and blow it up. I think it takes a lot more guts then pushing a button and launching a missle. Now do I consider Osama Bin Laden to be a coward? yes, I do. but so are George Bush Jr and Tony Blair, none of them are willing to fight and die for what they ask of others.
    Not really...those they get for the job of suicide bombers are the same you get to do "really stupid stuff" in any organization. They are not heroic...and I mean come on...blowing yourself up does not exactly sound like a good idea. If they did it by themselves...hey more power to em. But blowing yourself up on a bus that is usually used by old people and kids seems much more sadistic and than brave.

If that's what they think takes guts...well...then they are far more lame than I thought. Suicide bombers going after tanks and troop carriers...ok...buses and shooting at cars with women and children so "the enemy can't breed" is pretty much cruelty taken to that level that earns you the hate you breed. You get what you give.

As far as The Prez and the PM...no one is fighting for them specifically...I've yet to run into anyone who says "I'm fighting for George!"...it's usually "I'm fighting for those next to me". Once you start getting shot at all the patriotism and politics are fucking pointless anyhow.

Here we trash people for doing anything in the name of God...yet here we have a ton of sick fucks doing it with arms and bombs...why not trash them as viciously as one does a bible thumper? Same lot...and same fucks....and oddly...same God.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

let me put it this way, there has never been a large scale conflict between nations of islam.

Uh...are you kidding me? May want to re-read your history books. Saladin, Arab tribes, and the most recent Iran/Iraq war were not exactly fought by christians. Plus Islamic nations...muslims, moors, whatever term you want to call them have always had infighting and battles fought on jsut as vicious as scale as the west. However you would have to really read their histories to get an accurate picture...here they are far too generalized and put into one big group.

Saladin didn't rise to power by talk alone...he had to rise above many other Muslim powers and kin...from warlords to what we would see now as an allied force.

Persians and Arabs have had some pretty major battles in history...same with the Turks and pretty much everyone else.

So this 1000 years of peace is a bit flawed to say the least. If you're gonna use Nationalism as your basis for that then you're simply lumping anyone who follows Islam together...kinda throws off and ignores how they divide up into what we would see as nations.

that's the dumbest thing that i've ever heard. if you are a soldier "fighting for those next to you" then why don't you form a militia or something instead of joining a system of ordered rank whose supreme comander is .... drum roll.. THE FUCKING PRESIDENT. that only proves that sodliers not only blindly follow orders, but they are ignorant as to where those orders even come from.

and guys who praise god while taking up arms and bombs? do you mean us or them?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

that's the dumbest thing that i've ever heard. if you are a soldier "fighting for those next to you" then why don't you form a militia or something instead of joining a system of ordered rank whose supreme comander is .... drum roll.. THE FUCKING PRESIDENT. that only proves that sodliers not only blindly follow orders, but they are ignorant as to where those orders even come from.

and guys who praise god while taking up arms and bombs? do you mean us or them?
    I'm sure a soldier could explain it better...but the statement is based on the fact when you're in a conflict you're fighting so you can get home alive...with your friends/brothers as well...that's far from dumb. It's the reality of the situation not the news bite or political BS of it all.

ok fine, I am aware of the Iran/Iraq situation, but I don't consider saddam's government to be an islamic one, it is not based on any kind of religious structure. I mean obviously he claims to be muslim, just like bush claims to be christian. he'd have to be an idiot not to, but he doesn't practice it, and just like in america the religious institutions of iraq didn't have any part in the governing process.

+ Reply to Thread