+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

So are you going to go see it? The 10 year old DIVA is coming over this weekend, so we have to go... Johnny does look a bit creepy in it, but we like that. He is wearing latex gloves in the adds...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Creepy? You're the first to say that...every other woman I know says he looks hot.

I'll catch it on DVD...I hate watching movies with tons of the kids in the audience. Last time I did that was with Jurrasic Park...though that was funny cause every kid was screaming their head off and crying.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

This movie would have been alot better if manson wouls have signed on to it.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

all the characters name's are the same ,what the hell,man.....

it's like a remake but with a new name.....the basterds.....i HATE all the remakes out right now,what kind of lazy basterds just remake movies....

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

well they are just saying that its a new version based on the book and the actually used the real title of the book this time. They did the same thing for war of the worlds saying that it wasnt a remake but was just based on the same boook as the old one. but on the other hand its still a remake and therefore probably isnt that good

i though it was to be a continueation(uhhh?) of the movie....

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Creepy? You're the first to say that...every other woman I know says he looks hot.

I'll catch it on DVD...I hate watching movies with tons of the kids in the audience. Last time I did that was with Jurrasic Park...though that was funny cause every kid was screaming their head off and crying.

Actually my new FAVE British actor is Clive Owen... Yummy...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    No way...dude can't act plus it would totally leave out the charm that the character needs to be menacing and fun. Few actors have that and Manson only has half of it...plus he has that annoying dullness in his speaking voice that would not work out all that well for this part. I do think he has potential mind you ...but he needs much more practice and smaller roles first...he was ok as a voice actor for the video game Area 51...to bad it was a piss poor game.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Actually my new FAVE British actor is Clive Owen... Yummy...
    Good choice.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat

it's like a remake but with a new name.....the basterds.....i HATE all the remakes out right now,what kind of lazy basterds just remake movies....

Agreed !! Lets see some new movies, before everyone runs out and remakes every movie that has ever been made.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Agreed !! Lets see some new movies, before everyone runs out and remakes every movie that has ever been made.
    Think they already did that twice over.

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

I want to see it soooo bad, disney really messed with the book, as they ALWAYS do, and this one suppsedly follows more along the lines of the actual story. I'm hoping it will be really good

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

im creaming myself over this film

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

gonna go see it in Portland or. they are playing it at imax....hells yes. over 100feet tall screen in 3d...we are gonna get super baked and go see it

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

if it has Johnny Depp in it I'll see it, no questions asked.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    you know whats fucked up? he wanted to do it, asked tium if he could but tim said no and decided to just base the look of willy on him and have jonny depp play it. the bastard. i agree, manson would have been better. I have a feeling tim's gonna ruin it.the original atleast had roald dahl on the sidelines to keep it somewhat close to the book but he's dead now so it's open seaon.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    you know whats fucked up? he wanted to do it, asked tium if he could but tim said no and decided to just base the look of willy on him and have jonny depp play it. the bastard. i agree, manson would have been better. I have a feeling tim's gonna ruin it.the original atleast had roald dahl on the sidelines to keep it somewhat close to the book but he's dead now so it's open seaon.
    That's not 100% accurate actually...the studio wanted Johnny...Tim wanted him since he's usually who he has in mind for films like this. No one outside the misguided masses wanted Manson...dude barely cut it as a friggin voice over actor...plus lets be totally honest...he's WELL past his prime and relavence in the pop culture world. In a project like this you'd have too many going "who?" and "He's still around?".

When this project was first mentioned...what is it now...5 years ago? more maybe...it would have been cool. Manson simply lost his edge since then and did nothing to prove he can act let along take a starring role in a project that needs more than a gimmick.

As far as the costume goes...their were some changes as time went on and really Manson could not have pulled off the current look let alone the fun charm of the character...

I've been hearing this "complaint" a lot and given that film is getting good reviews and the last time Manson had a hit album I was in High School...it's safe to say he never had a fucking chance.

ouch. feels the burn. lol.licks the flames. anyways, anyone know who wiblur wonka is in the movie? I read the cast list of chracters and he's being played by christopher lee.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Not meant to be a burn...just heard too many people assume Manson would be perfect when they forget that he'd have to actually act or remember that it takes some serious talent to pull off the title character. The original and this new version benefit from great leads and it's not something you want done for a gimmick...or in this case a man who really needs to get his shit together and put out another good album.

well, Id love to se ehima s dr. frank n furter in the new rocky horror if that ever got off the ground. lol hes good at playing transvestites.

Just got back from it. Loved alot of it. Some parts left alot to be desired or even at some points dissapointing. Overall pretty good imo. (considering)

naw. saving my money to see corpse bride. one burton film on ocassion is enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    naw. saving my money to see corpse bride. one burton film on ocassion is enough for me.
    As far as big movies that play in every theater are concerned I like Tim Burton alot. Corpse bride looks good (if you liked nightmare before christmas that is.)

Kevin's Avatar to thine own self be true
    In the O.C. (but not the hoity-toity parts)

I thought it was really quite a blast...

...until the revisionist Wonka history caught up with the story in the third act.

I'm still conducting an internal debate over whether that was enough to quash the enjoyment of the Oompa Loompas, mark II, and the infernally catchy Danny Elfman songs. (The man is magic.)

Oh, and Corpse Bride looks awesome.

And yes, I loved NBX. ;-)

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I'm seeing it since Raold Dahl's widow gave it the thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat

actually, the original name of the book, was "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" but the Gene Wilder flick was renamed for the candy to be easier to identify

Hellmo's Avatar Member

alot of people are slating this film all ready, i however have some hella high expectations for this one. i cant think of a better team up to do charlie and the chocolate factory as johnny depp and tim burton

Well, I just saw it, so I figure I should throw in some input.
    Contrary as someone stated above, I kind of like the backgrounding on Willy Wonka. Granted, the little word stumble, if you will [I'm not going to make a spoil here] was a little off base right at the beginning, but eh, the whole thing was cooky. Anyway, I think the way the Oompa Loompas were filmed was cheap, and didn't like it at all, [the angles for perspective was a little off IMHO, and when Wonka looked at one, it looked like he was looking past him], though their performances were good. There was some other stuff, put I'll end here. Overall, I'd give it 7/10.

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

well its out here on 29th july so ill be off to see it then

So yes i saw it and i was ....okay it was nice...omgthismoviewasfinginceadble...Yes *coughs thank you. Just got back from watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which in my opinion was much better than the original but then i dislike things sugar coated for children like most dosnet movies. This was slightly dark and Johnny depp was funny and had squeeky gloves that made me happy. Wedding Crashers which i watched immediately after was also amazingly funny.

yes, yes....we shoulnt make a childrens book into a movie so that children can see it. Im not the hugest burton fan. but hey, If yall liked it-yall liked it.

I agree re:corpse bride. And speaking of Danny Elfman, I have the whole Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    I agree re:corpse bride. And speaking of Danny Elfman, I have the whole Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack on my computer.
    i'm all for Corpse Bride, just 'cuz of the inuendo Nekro-action through-out.....

Quote Originally Posted by badkittyamy
    This was slightly dark and Johnny depp was funny and had squeeky gloves that made me happy.
    Y'know, I really dug the sounds the gloves were making, too.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

<-------Slightly obsessed with TNBC..but seeking therapy.

heh yes it was a kids book but so is harry potter and disney has a habit of taking the darker of the children's books and polpopping a big wad of sugar icing on them. Like the little mermain and well everything disney's done that wasn't originally theirs. I mean seriously look at the hunchback of notre dame but that off topic lol. My mom knows the poeple who own the movie theater so i'm thinking of getting some of the big ass charlie and the chocolate factory character posters once they take them down. The have a big cardboard cut out thing too but nowhere to put that one >_> lol

does it sound bad If I say the corpse bride looks fucking hot for an animated zombi puppet? lol anyone ever check out danny elfmans tats? they wer ein an old issue of savage very cool.And I want his skulls and exorcism kit he has in his house.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

I sooooo can't wait for corpse bride to come out. It's always been one of my favorite stories.

I'd like to see him do the thief of always in puppets. thats a good book. they made it into a serial comic too. havent picked it up though.

+ Reply to Thread